Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayce would have to go if Hunter, Grant or whoever else doesn't leave. He had Minson up as a trade already.
Regardless I think Ayce should be delisted anyway.

Yep would have to be the one.

Agree if the house is stacked an no-one wants out then Ayce gets the chop. I'd consider him on the rookie list though.

But still some question marks remain over whether a couple of players might leave (Hunter, Grant, Talia, does Hrovat seek better opportunity?)

I see Moyd and Morris are also still out of contract at years end. Everyone think both will go on?

Was going to add that both those old boys have been awesome this year. Interesting to recall the thoughts of everyone earlier in the year when Bevo had Moyd going to HB. Should be in our top 5 in the B&F.

Morris was huge on the weekend. Really works hard down back and although his disposal has never been great, his courage is elite.

Agree if the house is stacked an no-one wants out then Ayce gets the chop. I'd consider him on the rookie list though.

But still some question marks remain over whether a couple of players might leave (Hunter, Grant, Talia, does Hrovat seek better opportunity?)

If Grant gets a good contract, it's hard to see him staying. Won't be surprised if Talia leaves. I've heard he's pretty arrogant.

I see Moyd and Morris are also still out of contract at years end. Everyone think both will go on?

Boyd signed a new deal a couple weeks ago. Morris I think will go on.

Thought Moyd had re-signed already. Personally hope both go on next year. Moz is far and away our
best one on one defender. Hope we can find another.

As time goes by you have to wonder about the guys who haven't re-signed's future (Grant, Talia and Hunter). I'd only be really disappointed if we lost Hunter. But would prefer to keep all of them.

Minson to the Swans just seems to make sense - what would we get? Not much IMO. Perhaps a three way gets us more.

Thought Moyd had re-signed already. Personally hope both go on next year. Moz is far and away our
best one on one defender. Hope we can find another.

As time goes by you have to wonder about the guys who haven't re-signed's future (Grant, Talia and Hunter). I'd only be really disappointed if we lost Hunter. But would prefer to keep all of them.

Minson to the Swans just seems to make sense - what would we get? Not much IMO. Perhaps a three way gets us more.

Hunter is contracted next year.

Hamilton has been at the club for nine months. I'm not a big fan, but give the kid a chance. He's contracted, regardless.

I mentioned him as I believe lists need to be cut to 36 (could be wrong). Most players have upside including him. I mentioned him as needed 1 more and thought he could be packaged up with one of the talls. Contracted or not a trade would free a spot on the list.
I also mentioned Jong but given he too is similar to some others tough calls have to be made. I'm loving our list but we need to keep improving it. To do so something needs to be given up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned him as I believe lists need to be cut to 36 (could be wrong). Most players have upside including him. I mentioned him as needed 1 more and thought he could be packaged up with one of the talls. Contracted or not a trade would free a spot on the list.
I also mentioned Jong but given he too is similar to some others tough calls have to be made. I'm loving our list but we need to keep improving it. To do so something needs to be given up.
We only need to cut to make the minimum three selections at the national draft.

I suspect we'll only cut three. I know people don't rate particular players (not necessarily you) but I doubt we'll move any that are contracted, Minson aside.

No way we would ever get rid of a player in their rookie contract.

If Grant has a good offer we should not resist him leaving. Although his consistency has improved, his moments of brilliance have more or less disappeared imo. I can't really see him improving much further so IMO has capped out as a middling player. He's someone we would have no trouble replacing with one of our younger players. Even with only one more preseason I could see Dale go past him pretty quickly.

Brisbane have a fair few young talented KPD coming through the ranks - Clarke, Paparone, Gardiner, Andrews etc. They all can't get a game in the same team, so I'd be targeting one of them. Brisbane are interested in Dixon, and GC for Minson - maybe a 3-way trade can be orchestrated?

Brisbane have a fair few young talented KPD coming through the ranks - Clarke, Paparone, Gardiner, Andrews etc. They all can't get a game in the same team, so I'd be targeting one of them. Brisbane are interested in Dixon, and GC for Minson - maybe a 3-way trade can be orchestrated?

I rate them all. Andrews will be a very good player. Clarke would be the one we want but they wouldn't hand him over easily at all. Paparone and Gardiner are 3rd talls which isn't what we need.

If Grant has a good offer we should not resist him leaving. Although his consistency has improved, his moments of brilliance have more or less disappeared imo. I can't really see him improving much further so IMO has capped out as a middling player. He's someone we would have no trouble replacing with one of our younger players. Even with only one more preseason I could see Dale go past him pretty quickly.

I beg to differ, I love his x factor and sure he played poorly on the weekend but 2 weeks ago he helped us split the demons in half. He can play as a marking target and has x factor and we would get nothing in return for him, irrespective of whether we got a f/a in or not.

Would keep. Need his line breaking ability.

I rate them all. Andrews will be a very good player. Clarke would be the one we want but they wouldn't hand him over easily at all. Paparone and Gardiner are 3rd talls which isn't what we need.
In Beveridge's system even 3rd talls are de facto KPD - we had a 194cm (but lightly built) Hamling, 190cm Dale Morris and 186cm Easton Wood as our key defenders last week - so I lumped all those players together.

Andrews especially will be a very good player, an elite KPD in my eyes, but because he's up in Brisbane nobody really watches his games or talks about him much.

I beg to differ, I love his x factor and sure he played poorly on the weekend but 2 weeks ago he helped us split the demons in half. He can play as a marking target and has x factor and we would get nothing in return for him, irrespective of whether we got a f/a in or not.

Would keep. Need his line breaking ability.

His hands below his knees especially are exceptional, but even in general his hands are an asset.
Hope he stays.

In Beveridge's system even 3rd talls are de facto KPD - we had a 194cm (but lightly built) Hamling, 190cm Dale Morris and 186cm Easton Wood as our key defenders last week - so I lumped all those players together.

Andrews especially will be a very good player, an elite KPD in my eyes, but because he's up in Brisbane nobody really watches his games or talks about him much.

Andrews is a brisbane boy. For an 18 year old skinny 200cm kid hes' been truly excellent. He will play 200 + games for the lions without question.

I'm interested to see how our backline setup stands up in the finals. I'll full judgement until then but no doubt its the right way to go. Bev's a genius.

His hands below his knees especially are exceptional, but even in general his hands are an asset.
Hope he stays.

I think if you are looking at a top notch f/a which in all likelyhood we are (Kreuzer), then you attempt to keep f/a (like grant) at all costs (without overpaying of course).

Carlton are a great example. Lost Betts and immediately went after thomas and as a result got no compensation for Betts. Backfired spectacularly.

Tom Boyd and Gardiner had some pretty good battles at junior level, I wouldn't necessarily count him as just a 3rd tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back