Stevic - Seriously ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Later in the 3rd quarter the ball clearly came off a Hawk's players boot and landed over the line. Stevic indicated a throw in until he was persuaded it was a Freo free kick by the boundary umpire.

You do realise that the first boundary umpire signaled throw in and stevic just responded to the call made by the boundary umpire until one further away with a better view came and over turned it.

EDIT: someone beat me to the punch

A couple more I noticed.

Start of the 3rd quarter there was a clear holding the ball as Mitchell was tackled in front of his own goals. Stevic was 5m away with a clear view and waved play on. Balla picked up the ball and scored.

Later in the 3rd quarter the ball clearly came off a Hawk's players boot and landed over the line. Stevic indicated a throw in until he was persuaded it was a Freo free kick by the boundary umpire.

Neither decision affected the score but they could have and were both very dubious.

Mitchell got a toe on the kick, play on correct call, Freo goal

Boundary umpire is responsible for out on full calls. One called touched the other said out on full and the field umpire made the correct ruling

I noticed that your couple more showed that you were wrong and the umpire was right indubitably

HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO BACK INTO AN OPPOSITION PLAYER TO TAKE HIM OUT OF THE PLAY. If he ran straight at the ball he would have been fine but he didn't. As soon as he saw Hale coming in he stopped and took 2 steps back into the Freo player which is why the Freo player's attempt to get to the ball was completely ******ed because he couldn't get a clean run at the ball. If you can't see / understand that, then I can't help you.

Yeah, nah

The Freo players attempt was completely ****ed because it was Zac Dawson

Seriously people, if you're at the game and you keep an eye on Matt Stevic no.9.

You know when Hawthorn stopped getting free kicks out of nothing? When he wasn't the controlling umpire. You needed to be at the ground, but honestly he probably only paid less than 2-3 for Freo and what he called for Hawthorn just didn't apply to Fremantle they just didn't get the same frees from him. I paid close attention to when Freo started getting the even up and he certainly was not the one paying them.

It's not bias, it's that he doesn't look as hard when it's Hawthorn.

Similar to how Margetts operates for West Coast, just doesn't see it. Not that he does it on purpose, just genuinely doesn't. That's where you just have to draw a line and say that certain umpires umpire better for certain teams.

Yes it was dropping the ball. Tacked by number 20? as he kicks and misses the ball. It bounces straight to Ballantyne. Any umpire intervention would have been to Fremantle's disadvantage. He scored a goal. Surely you can get a better example then this.

Stevic called play on when it should have been a free kick directly in front of goal. It doesn't make the decision correct because Ballantyne subsequently picked up the ball and scored.

Stevic called play on when it should have been a free kick directly in front of goal. It doesn't make the decision correct because Ballantyne subsequently picked up the ball and scored.
Mitchell just got a toe to it so it was correctly play on

Just watched the first quarter again.
Looked like Hawthorn first two goals both came from umpire 7, not Stevic (9)

Just been shown the vision
Stevic awarded the (technically correct) reversal free kick
The 50 m was awarded by Jeff Dalgleish (7)

But why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

Last edited:
Just to liven things up.
The four umpiring decisions prior to the Ballantyne reversal (all in or about Hawthorn forward 50)
1 Brad Hill tackled and slung to ground without having taken possession (play on)
2 Breust tackled high without ducking (play on)
3 Slide takes Hodge legs (play on)
4 Mundy (I think) ducks into high tackle (free kick)

I am biased but that sequence does not remotely favour Hawthorn

Just watched the first quarter again.
Looked like Hawthorn first two goals both came from umpire 7, not Stevic (9)

But why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

Don't let lies get in the way of your agenda

FAIL.jpg

Don't let lies get in the way of your agenda

View attachment 178090
Sorry looked like 7 from the long range live vision

I have described the decision as technically correct but soft as
I dont think umpires should be criticized for umpiring according to the laws of the game.
If they consistently enforced the rules, a lot of the crap that goes on would just stop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think umpires should be criticized for umpiring according to the laws of the game.
If they consistently enforced the rules, a lot of the crap that goes on would just stop

I have a beef with Stevic not Hawthorn or the way they go about it. Zero criticism for your club and their deserved win. Stevic (In my opinion) seems to interpret Hawthorn matches a bit suspect. In fact if not for the two howlers by him then I wouldn't have a huge issue with the calls made during the match with a few 50/50 calls.

I'll have my two cents......

Stevic is the biggest cheat on sport since the Pakistani cricket team.

It is so clear how much he favours Hawks it is beyond belief.
You watch, he'll get the GF gig and he'll favour the Hawks until the very last moment when inside he has given up on his team winning the Premiership.

Staggers me that the AFL and all involved haven't looked up on this blatant, glaring and evident cheat that Stevic is.

Then like you post saying it wasn't Stevic.....you are wrong

I am biased toward my team, you towards yours.
According to my bias, he doesn't favour my team
According to yours, he does

I have no doubt that errors by players and coaches have far more influence on the results of games.
And supporters (being more biased) are wrong more often than umpires (even really bad umpires)

The AFL badly needs full time professional umpires

I am biased toward my team, you towards yours.
According to my bias, he doesn't favour my team
According to yours, he does

I have no doubt that errors by players and coaches have far more influence on the results of games.
And supporters (being more biased) are wrong more often than umpires (even really bad umpires)

The AFL badly needs full time professional umpires

According to my bias I don't support Fremantle and I don't support any other team other than the Swans. I'm not all caught up in Hawthorn that I jump on everything about them. Again my beef is with Stevic and him making dodgy decisions that seem to favour Hawthorn. If it was a few dodgy calls then yeah nothing to see here but it just seems to be when it counts he is there making those 50/50 calls always in the Hawks favour. Would just prefer him not to umpire any of your games and watch your team do what they do best and rise to any challenge as a great team does.

Umpires should be made to declare who they supported as a kid when entering AFL ranks.

Wouldn't help my side much because everyone hates us but it would be good to see Stevic have to declare himself a Hawthorn supporter at least.

He has form this bloke when it comes to officiating Hawthorn games and any games involving my side.

Clearly biased.

Does that include calling play on when Suckling moved well off his line after the siren or when Walters was brought down in front of goals without the ball or When Ballantyne was dumped off the ball several times?

Hmmm, thought not. Technical rules are only good when they work for Hawthorn, right?

172877_b1b645b1794a51f8e92f6649b7ee5224.gif

From the week before...Free to Fyfe obviously?

Nah. Umpire's view obviously restricted...as it happened only 10 meters directly in front of him

This week? can't do it quick enough

I've no doubt the hysteria around Stevic is warranted. Caned us unmercifully in the 2012 GF, the fact the Swans won anyway has glossed over the deplorably one sided umpiring which was something like 22-10 Hawks way, 70% of which were gifted by Stevic.

That game got me thinking 'I'm gonna keep watching this prick' and just about every game since has been the same, particularly the big games like the PF v Port last year, two of the worst calls made in the last few minutes (Lake non hold the ball when tackled by Monfries and the Jonas(?) holding the ball when tackled with absolutely no prior) a few seconds apart.

All I've seen in defence by Hawks fans here of Friday nights stitchup is a few suspect decisions that went against Hawthorn, 90% of which were when the game was all but done and dusted. Freo got off to a flier and Stevic came to the rescue, on cue, as usual...

That game got me thinking 'I'm gonna keep watching this prick' and just about every game since has been the same, particularly the big games like the PF v Port last year, two of the worst calls made in the last few minutes (Lake non hold the ball when tackled by Monfries and the Jonas(?) holding the ball when tackled with absolutely no prior) a few seconds apart.
Poor decision the Jonas one but the only reason he got the ball first was because Hodge was being held, with the Lake one he would have taken the mark if Monfries wasn't holding his arm first.

The one game that was poorly umpired was the 2012 PF