Sandy Roberts Presents: The Wordsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

This is confusing the hell out of me, why is this being shown during GF week?
Would've been a lot better to have a special Grand Final show featuring David King, Dermott Brereton, Chris Scott and David Parkin to analyse the Grand Final from a coaching perspective, looking at the likely match-ups and tactics that Hawthorn and West Coast would use this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly was expecting more than a 30 minute show. Maybe a one hour or an hour and a half.

I really don't know what to think. I'm skeptical about JDF somehow being involved with The Beatles and JFK. I googled JDF and The Beatles and nothing immediate came up, but I suppose if he was "allegedly" (and I'll use allegedly) the drummer for 2 concerts then it probably wasn't THAT publicised - The Beatles reportedly went through several temporary drummers whilst touring so it's completely plausible that Jimmy was their drummer anyway. But US President JFK? I'd like to see more solid evidence on that.

The recordings kept by John Kennedy, Snr are interesting as well.

I'll defintely watch the rest of the series when (or if) the rest of The Wordsmith when it airs next year.

I honestly was expecting more than a 30 minute show. Maybe a one hour or an hour and a half.

I really don't know what to think. I'm skeptical about JDF somehow being involved with The Beatles and JFK. I googled JDF and The Beatles and nothing immediate came up, but I suppose if he was "allegedly" (and I'll use allegedly) the drummer for 2 concerts then it probably wasn't THAT publicised - The Beatles reportedly went through several temporary drummers whilst touring so it's completely plausible that Jimmy was their drummer anyway. But US President JFK? I'd like to see more solid evidence on that.

The recordings kept by John Kennedy, Snr are interesting as well.

I'll defintely watch the rest of the series when (or if) the rest of The Wordsmith when it airs next year.

Umm

You know it's a complete pisstake right?

I doubt Sandy Roberts would put his credibility on the line for this given he put a lot on the line to quit Seven and join Fox Footy. Heck, if he's really been keeping this story under wraps for as long as he says he has, and Seven refused to consider it, then I'm prepared to say it's more than a complete pisstake.

Couple of ways to find out. Visit the Saints museum and ask the bloke (I plan on going there in the next 6-12 months on my next Melbourne trip, preferably without the Mrs Lol). Next is to find out who was arrested on GF day - were Molly Meldrum and JDF really arrested on GF day in '66, and was that really Molly Meldrum running onto the field?

MM running onto the field is interesting. Did anyone notice that in the footage showing Molly running onto the field, the Saints were in black shorts, but in the GF the Saints were in white shorts. Also, during 2009-2010 when the Saints made those GFs, I distinctly remember Molly saying he has never seen the Saints win a flag as he says he passed out towards the end of Q4 in the '66 GF.

Those points, along with Defanti's connection to JFK are the points I question the most.

The rest is somewhat plausible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Sandy Roberts would put his credibility on the line for this given he put a lot on the line to quit Seven and join Fox Footy.

Lol, apart from bobbing up every four years for Olympic gymnastics or equestrian or some other minor sport, he literally hasn't been seen on Seven since they lost the footy rights for the first time. The probably forgot he still worked for them when he left.

Lol, apart from bobbing up every four years for Olympic gymnastics or equestrian or some other minor sport, he literally hasn't been seen on Seven since they lost the footy rights for the first time. The probably forgot he still worked for them when he left.

He still showed up on Footy Flashbacks every Sunday. Wasn't he also a weekday or weekend Sports presenter for Seven as well?

You mean apart from reading the sports news every night?

Has anyone got access to footage showing MM running onto the field, and also footage of the '66 GF, so we can compare? I swear in the footage showing Molly running onto the field, the Saints were in black shorts.

They were, it was doctored footage

You do realise he was the sports presenter on Seven News in Melbourne monday-friday until he left Seven,don't you ?
Now the rabbit in the headlights [Timmy Watson] does it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back