Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgive me for possibly sounding dumb, but with campo being appointed as senior assistant now, does that mean that we need a new midfield coach now? Or will he be carrying both roles intertwined?

I get the sentiment with this post but I don't get the bolded bit.

Walsh had us all on the edge of our seats with the way he spoke and what he wanted to put in place. These were also echoed by Fagan about the foundations he was setting up for success now and into the future.

But the fact remains he coached us for 12 games and we played really well for the first 2 and had some ordinary performances after that. We will never know how good or bad he would have been so to make that statement based on all of 12 games is just wrong.

I'm thinking along the lines of the respect the players (and supporters) felt for him, not necessarily his coaching. We don't know where that was headed. But the changes he brought, and the breath of fresh air, was fantastic. Will the new coach also bring that? Only time will tell.

Forgive me for possibly sounding dumb, but with campo being appointed as senior assistant now, does that mean that we need a new midfield coach now? Or will he be carrying both roles intertwined?

I'd like to think we'll get some fresh ideas into our midfield structures & strategies.

I was having that discussion with my brother. I thought it meant Campo was still midfield coach, it was just an promotion to being the highest ranked assistant? But he was under the impression it meant he would be the new coaches right hand man and we'd also be getting a new midfield coach.

I was having that discussion with my brother. I thought it meant Campo was still midfield coach, it was just an promotion to being the highest ranked assistant? But he was under the impression it meant he would be the new coaches right hand man and we'd also be getting a new midfield coach.
I think you're both right, if that makes sense. He may still have a midfield element to his portfolio but we'll bring in an offsider.

Campo's role has not changed. He was Walshy's senior assistant with the midfield portfolio and based on the club release he will go back to that role.

Well let's hope that Pyke has some ideas on generating some defensive midfield pressure because Campo's been at it for years and provided nothing in that area.

We've been saying it for years but I don't think alot has changed. The balance in our midfield is a major issue. Two many inside and one paced midfielders.

This particulary hurts us on transition defence and when teams deprive us of the ball. Our midfielders are mostly terrible defenders and very slow to turn and chase.

I really hope the new coach changes this.

Every ex Geelong coach or assistant we have had that has coached us has taken us to a prelim or better! So someone like McCartney to continue the trend as DOC or Coach for me please !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been saying it for years but I don't think alot has changed. The balance in our midfield is a major issue. Two many inside and one paced midfielders.

This particulary hurts us on transition defence and when teams deprive us of the ball. Our midfielders are mostly terrible defenders and very slow to turn and chase.

I really hope the new coach changes this.

Doesn't help when the outside mids we do play, are s**t.

We don't have to employ an inept coach to do that.

Going by the amount of games these guys have been getting from the past 3-4 Coaches, I think we might need to.

In all seriousness IMO the work he did with the bulldogs younger guys last year probably helped them somewhat this year and I think would be ideal for a DOC type role

Going by the amount of games these guys have been getting from the past 3-4 Coaches, I think we might need to.

In all seriousness IMO the work he did with the bulldogs younger guys last year probably helped them somewhat this year and I think would be ideal for a DOC type role

Stop with the crazy talk. It's hurting my eyes

92 days since we lost our coach boys and girls

Just a few more til we get a new one

It's been a long wait, and I'm ready for the new beginning:cool:

Me and you both. There are better times ahead.

92 days since we lost our coach boys and girls

Just a few more til we get a new one

It's been a long wait, and I'm ready for the new beginning:cool:

I'm not. I rode the wave of emotion through to the semi but I've actually had a significant disconnect from it all since Walshy died. It'll come back but I don't know when and I won't force it.

I'm not. I rode the wave of emotion through to the semi but I've actually had a significant disconnect from it all since Walshy died. It'll come back but I don't know when and I won't force it.

Fair enough. It's been a big thing to live through and adjust to

Hope the players are coping ok now that the seasons over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back