Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to give the young players 2 years development instead. Armfield, White and Rowe have no future at the club. Give the young players a go and start developing the list. If those 3 players play the next 2 years they have taken up to 132 AFL games off young players.

I'm sure the club caved into Rowe's demands for 2yrs vs 1yr we had tabled last season. He would have been in the firing line for de-listing.

White has been on 1yr contracts for a while now, can't see why that would change, especially in our current list management position.

Army provides 100% but we need to keep our options open moving forward with the older players.

We're still going to need to cull more players if the supposed player count in is close to the mark.

If true, I am not surprised that we've given new contracts to both Armfield and White. Both have shown they can contribute at AFL level and will be good depth for next year.

That they are both also seen as good club men will certainly have helped their cause as well.

I am slightly surprised by the length of the contracts if it is true that both have been signed for a further two years. Would have thought that one year would be sufficient.
If true, i'd assume the club want them around for their off field leadership/training standards as much as their playing ability.

For White and Armfield to have received new 2 year deals then the club clearly sees them as having something to give.
What are their attributes? Are they there to provide the new guys with a grace period?
SOS has not given out new contracts, just because.

These 2 guys give 100% . That is their gift. watching the GF and seeing so many of the WCE not giving 100% reinforces that this is a very underrated quality.

These 2 guys give 100% . That is their gift. watching the GF and seeing so many of the WCE not giving 100% reinforces that this is a very underrated quality.

WCE players probably trying to give more than they could, different mind game in the GF and pressure applied from the experienced opposition and atmosphere.

Last edited:
This will be interesting. Some posters in the know have stuck their necks out re:Carlisle.
It's not just Stevens saying Blues....Barrett could be proven a fraud of the highest order if Carlisle doesn't end up at the Saints. Very curious in the outcome now...

Yep, its Stevo vs Barrett one will look silly, having said that they rattled off Stevos strike rate as of last year and he only got 1 wrong... im sure over the next few days something will offically come out... If freeman wants the staints as well i cant see how they will get both he and carlisle...

Barrett on sunday footy show, "Carlisle has chosen St Kilda and talks are well advanced, no other club in the running."...

If he's really looking at 5 years on ridiculous coin, they may just be desperate enough to pay him what he wants.
The fact we re not buding on our original offer to him, and have nt come out publically begging for him to chose us like the Saints tells me we re not overly worried whether he chooses to us or not.
Bring on the GWS boys.
The cap space we would ve spent on Jake the sook can be taken up by Tomlinson and Plowman.

the more positive talk seems to be use getting plowman tomlinson sumner & phillips. if sos can do that for pick 21 it would be a great deal for us. then we trade henderson yarran bell for picks up to 30. if im right we would then have 4 picks inside 30 plus the gws players. i reckon that would be okay?

the more positive talk seems to be use getting plowman tomlinson sumner & phillips. if sos can do that for pick 21 it would be a great deal for us. then we trade henderson yarran bell for picks up to 30. if im right we would then have 4 picks inside 30 plus the gws players. i reckon that would be okay?
Tomlinson is contracted and alone GWS would rightfully demand a first round pick.

Plowman should be worth pick 21.

The others don't have too much value and if we satisfy the Tomlinson and Plowman trades then you'd suspect they'd throw Sumner and Phillips in.

Well done to White and Army if they get 2 years or 1.

We need competitors and leaders.

Betts, Garlett, Yarran, Henderson, Waite all had to be cajoled, stroked and tugged to get them to put in and look at how well that has turned out.

As strong bodies in a rebuild phase I can see them playing plenty of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id be very happy keeping both. I like white, a real competitorwho can play both ends. thought he was used badly by malthouse as a tagger. if bolton tries to implement that same style that i saw from hawthorn yesterday he could be a valuable player at either end of the ground

Betts, Garlett, Yarran, Henderson, Waite all had to be cajoled, stroked and tugged to get them to put in and look at how well that has turned out.

As strong bodies in a rebuild phase I can see them playing plenty of footy.
Basically we are looking for guys who want to be at the club even through the difficult times coming. Guys who are willing to put their hands up and give that extra 1% to try and get us over the line.

We don't need or want guys who only show up when they feel like it and have to be talked into giving 80%.

If White and Armfield get 1+1 contracts, then it is good business for the club. We have experienced hardened bodies in place to provide the buffer over the next couple of years while some of our youngsters finally get the development they desperately need.

With the Bennell talk, I feel very confident Yaz is going to stay. I would love it if he does, because if he doesn't net us first rounder, we would lose the trade.
Well that was very short lived. Richmond pulling out from recruiting Bennell. That sucks, which means all their attention will come back to Yarran.

Stupid Bennell.

Whether Stevens is right or Barrett is right, as long as if we do eventually recruit Carlisle, it is in PSD or early second at max. Otherwise, more than happy for Saints to pick him up. Would love it if they do pick him up for no more than a second rounder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back