The Chris Dawes Thread or " I went through succession on a Dawes with no name."( Yes, it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to update the Thread Title, should have List management tag and Bring Back at the start of the heading.

There'd be a fair degree of irony in that since the pick we got for Dawes netted us Kennedy.
yes it is, but the way dawes has gone at Melbourne, I still think we are the winner bk has more up side than dawes has at this stage.

Well, I wouldn't need to change my username anymore.

So there's that.

Look, if he were available for say a 4th rounder on minimum coin, I'd be happy to get him back, but otherwise, maybe he can get another million out of Freo?

I am not for getting Dawes back, but.... He was more Important to our structure than many people realise, Cloke played his best footy with Dawes in the side and the team structured up a lot better as well.

Dawes was that hulking forward who commanded a bulky big bodied key defender to mind him, He was more stay at home than White and Lynch after him and Dawes allowed Cloke to get on his bike a lot more and find the footy further up the ground while Dawes was able to sit inside 50 and create a contest with the long ball coming in, often against more than one opponent.

The problem after he left was that Lynch had had it, and White is more that athletic running forward who doesn't split enough packs inside 50.

He and Cloke just seemed to compliment each other, mind you in Krakouer and Medhurst we had that crumbing force that we lack now.
Pity it all went the way it did, but there is no way Dawes would ever come back or be welcomed back so not going to happen.

200.gif

I though Dawes must have retired. Haven't seen him play for years.
the way he has gone at melb he has with 500k in pocket money

I'd love Dawes back.

Play Cloke & Dawes as 2 KPF's. No ruck work for either.

White as the swapping ruck / KPF.

Grundy as the ruck.

Reid & Moore in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Dawes back.
Well that seals the deal for me.

If anyone wasn't sure as you may say to Sheldon Cooper "that was sarcasm)

I'd love Dawes back.

Play Cloke & Dawes as 2 KPF's. No ruck work for either.

White as the swapping ruck / KPF.

Grundy as the ruck.

Reid & Moore in defence.

Moore in defence? No...just no.

Ah Chris Dawes,
Likely nice guy,
Smart guy with out doubt,
Contributed at one time for us with adequacy, absolutely.

Returning to Collingwood?

That would be a big fat NO

Would add nothing to improvement of our list.
He has a premiership, yes, that will do.... That wil do very nicely with a thank you

Well damn, Melbourne are willing to trade a star who makes a living out of the ball bouncing off his hands.

Never called Dawes a ******* star

unicorn vomiting Snickers levels of awesome
For that alone you get a like. Never seen a unicorn so angry that they needed a snickers, that must be awesome.
But to stay on topic, straight swap for BenKen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back