List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aish would be a good get. The more I read on Bennell the more he comes across as a Garlett clone, doesn't take the responsibility on himself and doesn't learn from his mistakes. Doubt the club would go after him if this is how he acts.

On Saturday morning I saw a Geelong fans facebook page supporting West Coast with a big "Anyone But Hawthorn" slogan.
After the game they had deleted it. Weak flogs.

Their misery and hatred makes our success even sweeter. :)

They are clutching at straws looking for any reason that could entitle them to the greatest team of all. This is a very juvenile act. I bet as soon as celebrations at Hawkland cease, it;ll be put the silver with all the others, and lets get on with business, 2016 style.

Hill will benefit from the lessening of the interchange cap next year. He'll be able to put his endurance and speed to greater use and finding space to run into / or creating space, should be easier from here on in. Hartung and Smith in a smiliar boat, and the 3 of them in the side together should prevent Hill from being clamped down on a regular basis.

I have a gut feel the Hawks may be linked to Howe from Melb. Has there been any rumours about him coming to Haw?
Yes. Someone posted here weeks ago, that they were absolutely adamant Howe will join Hawthorn as they'd heard it from family/friends.

According to the AFL site, Schoenmakers has been linked to the Swines.
No chance. Why would Shoey want to go to a side that are considering playing him in defence after finally getting his chance in attack. Can't see it happening. If he didn't leave last year there is no way he is leaving now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 6 players over 30, about to retire.

and you want to trade one of our good young players?
Other clubs aren't going to want those 6 players over 30 are they? It's not about who you want to trade, it's who is the most tradeable and who is going to get you the best deal in return. We have Smith and Hartung who can own it on the wing with others as well to give them a hand. Realistically, Hill, who had an average season by his standards, would be someone who might be traded and not come at the expense of team structure.

Hill is a high quality mid
If I was Brad Hill I'd be worried about Billy taking his place in the 2016 GF.

Is terrible from what I have seen.
Wow.

I've only seen him on TV so I can't dispute/counter your opinion, but I'm sure that plenty of others on here seem to think that he had a pretty good 2nd half to the Season at BH.

Is terrible from what I have seen.

Jumping the gun way to soon. Our club hand picks individuals and there was a reason we grabbed him, he just needed this year to know the Hawthorn way. I'd be concerned if he wasn't a best 22 player this time next year, until then, I won't judge.

A pretty good half season in the 2s wouldn't have been expectations for him this year
Neither would forcing his way into the 1's?

Realistically, was he to replace Hodge, Shiels, Lewis or Mitchell? Not Burgoyne or Birchall on HBF either.

if i had to guess at the Changes to The Hawks list next year, it would be something like.....

OUT: Hale - retire, Whitecross (fa to bris), Simpkin - delisted, Webster - delisted

???: Suckling - might stay/might go, Lake - retired or 1 more year, Schoey - sign for a couple yrs or take syd offer

IN: draftees, maybe a youngster from GCFC/GWS?

word is that we arent going to trade for anyone this year, but who knows, there seems to be a lot of young talent out there on the draft table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back