List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure we will go "out there" with our trades this year.
Last year the squad was in a good place (Duryea, Langford, Woodward, Simpkin, Anderson etc all looking good) so we could gamble with Garlett (and lost).
However we are now faced with Sammy, Hodgey, Hale, Burgers, Lake, Gibbo all due to retire in the next 2 years (I guess)...we need to put in some rock solid plans for the future.
IF Bennell did settle and perform as he can, it would be absolutely golden. But if he turned into a bust it could be a heavy blow for our club.

Gibson not going anywhere unless pushed like Lake in 2 years

Wouldnt be surprised if Sammy still here after 2 years also

Other clubs aren't going to want those 6 players over 30 are they? It's not about who you want to trade, it's who is the most tradeable and who is going to get you the best deal in return. We have Smith and Hartung who can own it on the wing with others as well to give them a hand. Realistically, Hill, who had an average season by his standards, would be someone who might be traded and not come at the expense of team structure.

That wasn't my point.
We are going to lose some very experienced players and we need to keep all our good young(er) players.

Anyway, our club doesn't trade out current best 22 players, and the new interchange rues will make Brad Hill far more valuable.

i was thinking as our forwards in the reserves aren't no guarantee to make it to afl level, i was thinking that maybe taking Spencer White in the rookie draft is worth the risk.

Thoughts?

I expected exactly what we got.. A few senior games and year learning the Hawthorn way at BHH
I was in Melb late last year after we picked JOR up, and went to a function where Bolton spoke. I asked him after his talk why we took O'Rourke. He said that the one critical skill for any player at Hawthorn or considered for recruiting to Hawthorn is decision making under pressure. In short, they watch every bit of tape they can to determine if a player is up to scratch in this area. He also made a point around how surprising it is when they analyse other teams, that some "superstars" are very weak in this area, and how some guys really shine - he wouldn't go into the first area, but singled out Dustin Martin as A+++.

So;
JOR - working on his skills to go with his decision making.

Anyone we look at this year - will have to tick this box big time

I hope we snag Henderson. Just to really * with the Geelong supporters. Plus it would set up our spine for the next 5 years. Would probably cost our first rounder and a bit more.

Frawley
Henderson
McEvoy
Schoey
Gunston

Could definitely build a decent team around that.

If we are pretty inactive in the trade period who have we got at the club now to potentially take over from Mitch | Hodge | Burgoyne?

Jed
Langford
O'Rourke
Woodward
Howe
Whitecross
Simpkin
Webster
Hardisty

Am I missing anyone?

Obviously some more realistic than others. But how are they going?

How has Hardisty looked year one in the dev squad?

Is Webster just being groomed as small fwd despite injuries? Or is there scope for mid if retained?

Jed, Langford and JOR the obvious replacements at this stage as raw as they still are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance. Why would Shoey want to go to a side that are considering playing him in defence after finally getting his chance in attack. Can't see it happening. If he didn't leave last year there is no way he is leaving now.
Surely they'd play him forward with Goodes retiring. Chuck Reid back to CHB and Tippett to ruck.

i really hope we manage to recruit Oleg Markov, was a quality kid in last years draft pool, but got over-looked by clubs, so has had another great year in the u/18's, i really like how he plays and i hope we pick him up

i really hope we manage to recruit Oleg Markov, was a quality kid in last years draft pool, but got over-looked by clubs, so has had another great year in the u/18's, i really like how he plays and i hope we pick him up

Really? I thought the drafting athletes thing was done? We need footballers

Everyone seems to be talking Bennell or Aish but I think there are better midfielders floating around - I like Jack Redden he's a talent. I think Cam Ellis Yolman is another who is up in the air - showed something under Phil Walsh but was out of favour with new coach.

Nobody has said anything about Yarran.

If we keep Schoey then our only real need is some young gun mids to ease the burden on our superstars.

Neither would forcing his way into the 1's?

Realistically, was he to replace Hodge, Shiels, Lewis or Mitchell? Not Burgoyne or Birchall on HBF either.
We don't need to replace Shiels or Lewis. They will still be here in 3 years time
Whitecross (fa to bris)
Brisbane won't want to pick him up via free agency because of the leunberger compo.

Other clubs aren't going to want those 6 players over 30 are they? It's not about who you want to trade, it's who is the most tradeable and who is going to get you the best deal in return. We have Smith and Hartung who can own it on the wing with others as well to give them a hand. Realistically, Hill, who had an average season by his standards, would be someone who might be traded and not come at the expense of team structure.

If I was Brad Hill I'd be worried about Billy taking his place in the 2016 GF.

Brad Hill is a triple premiership player at 22. Just stop and think about that for a minute. He has played his role as asked. Sometimes he is locked down sometimes Smith is locked down but you can't do both.

The interchange rule changes next next will mean guys who can stay on the park longer and perform at an elite level will be at a premium.

Talk of trading Hill just smacks of someone who knows nothing about football.

(oh and there is plenty of scope for all three of Hill, Smith and Hartung playing in the same team.

I expected exactly what we got.. A few senior games and year learning the Hawthorn way at BHH

I'm with you, Tige, the club said at the start of the year that they consider him very raw, will need 1-2 seasons in the 2's to build towards best-22.

I think some people jumped the gun early and are now disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back