Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't attract any other good players besides Hampton, questions need to be asked about how we are selling our club. Because we can't be making excuses or live on something that happened a couple years ago. We have to make our club desirable and make changes to do so. Otherwise, all the progress we have made this year, will be for nothing.
Jumping the gun. If we don't land anyone go ahead and rightly question them. Until then, try and be patient.

I should of put a big IF on my post. But at the same time, we can't get upset on something that hasn't happened yet (Trade Week)

The general football supporter might hate Collingwood, but the fact is, as a player, it's a great club to be at.
Why is that? I don't see it myself. They don't necessarily strike me as a team with an awesome culture.

Hold fire until the end of trade period and then go for your life

Remember that tom Boyd was traded at the last minute last year put of nowhere

We have bucket load of cash and can pounce of there is a player we like that doesnt look like getting to his destination and who's to say we haven't already lined something up

You've got a point Jeff, but we've also heard that rhetoric from the Club since the Tippett disaster, since then, we've brought in Betts.

A great get, but nowhere near enough for a team that's trying to build itself into a contender.

Jumping the gun. If we don't land anyone go ahead and rightly question them. Until then, try and be patient.

I re-read my post and thought it sounded more negative than I intended. I meant IF. But at the same time my undies aren't in a big twist yet as Trade week hasn't even started.

The Aish and Scharenberg Show will be something special in 2-3 yrs time.

Good on Collingwood for working hard on Aish and (soon to be) getting him to their club, considering this time last year he was virtually a lock by many BF posters to be at the AFC in 2016.

Not fussed on Aish TBH. A lot of people overrating the kid massively here. I am however a little disappointed from a club perspective that we weren't able to talk him into coming here.

If we don't attract any other good players besides Hampton, questions need to be asked about how we are selling our club. Because we can't be making excuses or live on something that happened a couple years ago. We have to make our club desirable and make changes to do so. Otherwise, all the progress we have made this year, will be for nothing.

Coaches are the salesmen that convince players to join their club. We don't have one. Players don't like to switch without knowing how they will be used and what type of game plan they will be playing.

That is no longer the case with the introduction of live bidding for Father/Son and academy picks this year. Clubs will have to pay the players' worth.
Not quite.
If I understand it correctly the academy/Father-Son club has two benefits:
  1. They have the right - but not obligation - to contract the player;
  2. They can do so at the assessed market value (per other clubs' bids) less a specific discount (10-20% IIRC)
So whilst the benefit is watered down in my mind it's still a pretty blood good deal for the clubs.

Imagine if you could go to an auction for the best house on your street and you were guaranteed to be able to buy the place if you chose and at a 20% discount...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fussed on Aish TBH. A lot of people overrating the kid massively here. I am however a little disappointed from a club perspective that we weren't able to talk him into coming here.
And he's not at Collingwood yet either, still not out of the question he could be elsewhere especially now it appears he's finally burnt his Brisbane bridge.

Bennell
Treloar
Carlisle
Aish
Redden
Henderson
Zmith
Dixon
Seedman
Danger
Yarran

I'm quite sure they are the biggest fish to be fried. Maybe we'll have steak knives to carve up our minnows
AFC have not said anything all year that they don't want heard.

Why would any of our targets or plans be milling about in the media now?

I'm not as sure - or as pessimistic - as you.

Rucci had no idea. He pretended he knew this all along.
Reckon caro might have thrown him a pitty scoop at some point which he then fumbled and failed to go with... probably gun shy that he just gets fed crap these days.
He tried to sound all in the know when not 2 minutes earlier clearly had no idea.

the flip

Of course they can
I seriously doubt that any club could unilaterally terminate a contract and pay out a player, but of course that would be subject tot the terms of each contract.

I would expect the standard contract would allow termination for material breach by a player (eg drugs etc). But if there's no breach, then I would expect you would need mutual agreement to terminate and have the contract paid out.

Menzel will this week tell Carlton he wants to be traded!

Have no inside access to info on Seedsman, Hampton, or Talia. Sorry.

I have been told I can drop the new "big" name sometime this week. Just waiting on confirmation that I can do so.
SO?..... Weeks nearly over, need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back