Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly copied Knightmare ?

Wow I thought you were joking but just had a look at Knightmare's mock and realised he had us picking up both Cole and Tahana.
Must say that certainly didn't come into consideration, but it's quite interesting.
I was purely trying to go best available. I was quite pleased. Clearly underrated Cuningham though fantastic get at 48

Wow I thought you were joking but just had a look at Knightmare's mock and realised he had us picking up both Cole and Tahana.
Must say that certainly didn't come into consideration, but it's quite interesting.
I was purely trying to go best available. I was quite pleased. Clearly underrated Cuningham though fantastic get at 48
Haha Yeah i knew you didn't actually copy knightmare where's the fun in that but it was interesting to see you picked up the same player's

Who said he was up there with Shuey ?
Comparison was made with Shuey in style by a few people. (CBF looking it up again but it's there, take it for what you will.)
Once that was done, the masses get excited.

This guy shows flashes but is a long way off Shuey at the same stage.
From memory Shuey was a good 7kgs heavier and a lot more consistent, found a lot more ball too.

Love how everyone is popping their cookies over Cunningham all of a sudden.
He looks great in 2 mins of video however if he truly was up there with Shuey, he'd go close to #1 in this draft.

To be perfectly fair he's a lot younger, and could well develop into a player similar to Shuey's calibre. I don't think everyone's raging about the fact that he plays like Shuey, they're not saying he's as good, it's just he's drawn comparisons, and who wouldn't want another Shuey??

He's been a bit of a bolter, and Cal Twomey ranks him in his top 30, so I'd say all this speculation isn't purely from drawing comparisons to Shuey, but that it's actually deservingly. I've heard his grand final performance is one of the reasons he's shot up the rankings. Played an outstanding game and really stood up under the pressure, and his leadership was very noticeable, really rallied the lads and fired them up.

I prefer Cole to Cunningham (not going off much though tbf)

Agreed, it's purely because Cuningham is the flashier player. I'd be taking Cole ahead of him but only marginally. I'd be stoked if we could get a midfielder like Clarke or Cole with our first, and Cuningham with our second, but it'd certainly be nice to draft a solid tall. Doubt a Skinner or Glass-McCasker last to our third but that'd be an excellent draft for mine.

Looking at the players Cal Twomey's linked us to, I'd be pretty happy with any of them to be perfectly honest. I think Tucker as a slider is very appealing, I rate him ahead of both Cuningham and Cole. Didn't have the year he would've liked but has a lot of potential, possessing great disposal, speed and versatility.

Comparison was made with Shuey in style by a few people. (CBF looking it up again but it's there, take it for what you will.)
Once that was done, the masses get excited.

This guy shows flashes but is a long way off Shuey at the same stage.
From memory Shuey was a good 7kgs heavier and a lot more consistent, found a lot more ball too.
You mean how every draftee somehow gets a comparison to an AFL player ?

To be perfectly fair he's a lot younger, and could well develop into a player similar to Shuey's calibre. I don't think everyone's raging about the fact that he plays like Shuey, they're not saying he's as good, it's just he's drawn comparisons, and who wouldn't want another Shuey??
There in lies my point.
Drawing comparisons, who wouldn't want another Shuey...A long bow too draw and a massive leap.
It would be better to compare them at the same stage, as said above Shuey was larger, more consistent and found a lot more of the pill.

No comparison for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A playing style yes...Its the actual talent and to a lesser degree potential where a lot of people blur the line.

I think you misunderstand. No one is actually saying he will be as good as Shuey. They're not saying he's a clone, nor he is identical in every faucet of the game. As you stated, yes, Shuey was larger, more consistent and found more the pill. Drawing a comparison isn't saying that players are identical, it's just stating that they share similarities. No-one is seriously expecting Cuningham to magically become Shuey, which is what it seems you're trying to argue. A player comparison purely means they share similarities. Cuningham is explosive and bursts out of congestion, is a great kick on both feet, and kicks goals running from 50m. A comparison doesn't mean they are exactly the same.

I think you misunderstand. No one is actually saying he will be as good as Shuey. They're not saying he's a clone, nor he is identical in every faucet of the game. As you stated, yes, Shuey was larger, more consistent and found more the pill. Drawing a comparison isn't saying that players are identical, it's just stating that they share similarities. No-one is seriously expecting Cuningham to magically become Shuey, which is what it seems you're trying to argue. A player comparison purely means they share similarities. Cuningham is explosive and bursts out of congestion, is a great kick on both feet, and kicks goals running from 50m. A comparison doesn't mean they are exactly the same.

I can see the traits as to why people like him, I have doubts on the actual potential.
Ash Smith looked pretty good too.

Not many players who battle instinctively find the pill naturally from a young age develop this skill.
You're either born with it or not IMO.

A playing style yes...Its the actual talent and to a lesser degree potential where a lot of people blur the line.
I don't think anyone is saying he's as good or will be as good as Shuey more the playing style the reality is he's a 25 to 40 talent in a weak draft i think everyone is aware of that

I don't think anyone is saying he's as good or will be as good as Shuey more the playing style the reality is he's a 30 to 40 talent in a weak draft i think everyone is aware of that
He's now inside the top 30 by Twomey (who has been used previously for arguments sake)

My argument is in this draft we should be able to still pick up a best 22 player with our first pick.
Give me Partington or Lovell first any day.

Not that it means s**t but I was in the Duggan camp last year from day dot.

He's now inside the top 30 by Twomey (who has been used previously for arguments sake)

My argument is in this draft we should be able to still pick up a best 22 player with our first pick.

Yeah 25 to 40 around there unfortunately our draft picks are pretty late in a weak draft but im sure we can still find a decent player, Cunningham kicking impressed me more than his speed he's good on both feet

I watch Lovell often he's a good player i would be happy to have him at the Eagle's

With Adelaide's next pick they select Oleg Markov. On ability at AFL level i'd have him around pick 30-40 in this years draft so very happy with this.

Adelaide finish with
Hibberd
Burton (on the proviso his medical went well as i don't have details)
Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back