No Oppo Supporters Leak of sensitive information - AFL to lead investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing or deleted texts can be recovered. It takes more than just swiping delete to rid a text message.

If the AFL or anyone else wants to maintain that the case is over because the data is not recoverable, they are either lying or simply naive.

The AFLs investigation meant very little, anyway. The club believed it had enough information to get an investigation started (which was actually more of an investigation into Adelaide FC and not Talia) which meant it had enough information from Talia alone.

Bloke should have been sacked and he was...case over for us.

Not a workplace in Australia would allow internal espionage to go unpunished. Summary dismissal nearly everytime.

Missing or deleted texts can be recovered. It takes more than just swiping delete to rid a text message.

If the AFL or anyone else wants to maintain that the case is over because the data is not recoverable, they are either lying or simply naive.
Hopefully there is one journalist in the AFL media pack that will probe these obvious questions. If nobody simply asks, "why wouldn't the deleted texts be retrieved via the Telco?" the level of stench will be overwhelming. Will Cheney be allowed to be interviewed to explain why he maintained his 'silly little joke' was actually the truth for so long and to so many people?

The story is so paper thin, if the media don't probe it, we may as well treat the AFL as if it's WWE - sports entertainment.

Hopefully there is one journalist in the AFL media pack that will probe these obvious questions. If nobody simply asks, "why wouldn't the deleted texts be retrieved via the Telco?" the level of stench will be overwhelming. Will Cheney be allowed to be interviewed to explain why he maintained his 'silly little joke' was actually the truth for so long and to so many people?

The story is so paper thin, if the media don't probe it, we may as well treat the AFL as if it's WWE - sports entertainment.

http://www.networkworld.com/article...-sms-warns--phone-texts-don-t-die--they-.html

Never assume 'delete' means 'disappear'

Personally think the AFL had little appetite to investigate Adelaide and the Cheney Joke Excuse is as credible as anything else it might have used.

Talia is gone, we were never going to get a re-match and Adelaide's season lasted 7 days more than ours.

Personally think the AFL had little appetite to investigate Adelaide and the Cheney Joke Excuse is as credible as anything else it might have used.

Talia is gone, we were never going to get a re-match and Adelaide's season lasted 7 days more than ours.
I think we all see it that way. Would just like to think the media is not so mindlessly compliant that such obvious nonsense is allowed through to the keeper. I'm not expecting anything in terms of an outcome for us, just some form of half decent accountability. Call me a niave dreamer....

If they are the Talia's personal phones there is no recourse to obtain the texts except taking them to court. Clearly the AFL doesn't have enough of an appetite to lay a charge of being a f***wit against either of them. It's not worth a court battle and clearly the Talia's have disgraced themselves in the court of public opinion. Let's be honest: if Hird was allowed to resurface and actually coach again then this one had no chance of an honest outcome.

Move on guys seriously

We kick straight we win and nothing is ever said.

Wouldn't have beat the Hawks following week anyway so it's all a learning curve

Move on guys seriously

We kick straight we win and nothing is ever said.

Wouldn't have beat the Hawks following week anyway so it's all a learning curve

i can't buy this, it shits me that we lost not because i think the leak had anything to do with it but because people are using it as a 'if you had of won no-one would've cared' exucse, that's bullshit, i'd be just as ropable about it if we won as i am now, information sharing or not we still should have won the game, it's the principle of the matter and the way it's been handled by the AFL is nothing short of disgusting.

Please don't offend my beloved wwe by comparing them to the AFL's internal departments. WWE has far better PR guys involved. And better gimmicks. And if you're not down with that, I got two words for ya..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth, I would have shut up about it and just traded him off for maximum value. Make him someone else's problem.

The chances of Talia getting done by the AFL were always slim to none.

I know in a perfect world you try to punish every crime. But bugger it, this is the AFL not the International Court of Justice. I doubt Talia's leaking made any real difference to the result. And I also severely doubt any information he managed to take in (the guy seems like a deadset ****) would have taken the Crows coaching team more than a minute or two to work out themselves.

Let's face it, Talia's punishment is that he is a mediocre defender. I look forward to Tom Boyd or Stringer destroying him regularly over the next few years before Talia unceremoniously falls off Sydney's list.

I know I'm in the minority here. Loyalty is a big deal for most passionate footy supporters for obvious reasons. But I've always been the pragmatic type. Whatever is best for the team. This investigation was never best for the team in my view.

Having said that, i'm not annoyed at the club for doing what they did. I can understand them wanting to make a statement as part of our new emboldened attitude. I'd just have taken a different path.

So in other words you would have let him get away with it?
Just remember this bloke didn't sign his contract offer and was leaving anyway. Trading him was no punishment it's what he wanted.
So how do u punish a bloke who does this knowing they are leaving. Just let them bend u over ?

And as for trade value we got a 4th rounder in 2016 for him. Not sure his value was much greater than that if you want to read recent posts here about his abilities and throw in next years draft being terrific.

People will read this saying that we gave up this years 4th rounder also - that's irrlevant - we weren't using it anyway cause of our list size.

It was talia for a 2016 swans fourth rounder. Not far off the mark really.

Please don't offend my beloved wwe by comparing them to the AFL's internal departments. WWE has far better PR guys involved. And better gimmicks. And if you're not down with that, I got two words for ya..
STONE COLD

Caro's latest article

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...gn_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_twitter

The Talias clearly spoke before the game and perhaps tactics were mentioned but nothing of any substance according to the game's best investigators.

How would the investigator know, one phone was lost and the other had it's message deleted.
WTF is this shit, i'm just about done with the AFEL and the accredited sycophants who are somehow paid to write very poorly on the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back