Who is the darkhorse for the spoon in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
So who do you think will be the worst side in 2016?
In 2015 i was personally a little surprised that Carlton and Brisbane sucked so much.

Could we have a surprise bottom dweller next year?

If we're talking Dark Horse, as the OP suggests, than Collingwood, Treloar and Aish certainly will hope. But the club has a number of other glaring deficiencies that they didn't address in the draft.

Otherwise its out of Brisbane, Carlton and Gold Coast for the spoon.

Blues were bad before they sold all there players. The reigning spooners will go back to back.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Can't believe they got rid of Bell.
Thought he was one of the only young players that showed something for them last season.

So who do you think will be the worst side in 2016?
In 2015 i was personally a little surprised that Carlton and Brisbane sucked so much.

Could we have a surprise bottom dweller next year?
Hawthorn.....you heard it here first. Remember that. I want my accolades later.

I'm gonna put one out there, don't bite my head off :p

Adelaide

Very tough draw, lost their most important mid, new coach and game plan.
Why have the spoiler if the bottom line is visible and a dead giveaway.

We're probably going to struggle in my opinion, but I highly doubt we'll be 18th bad. We'll most likely finish our usual 10-12th because we never tank.

Then again, everyone thought the Dogs and Eagles would struggle this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why have the spoiler if the bottom line is visible and a dead giveaway.

We're probably going to struggle in my opinion, but I highly doubt we'll be 18th bad. We'll most likely finish our usual 10-12th because we never tank.

Then again, everyone thought the Dogs and Eagles would struggle this year.

Not sure why i did that lol o_O

Yeah i don't think you guys will make finals again next year.
Should probably be better than a handful of other sides though...but it's a possibility.
Just look at Port, everyone thought they were top 4 certainties this year.

If we're talking Dark Horse, as the OP suggests, than Collingwood, Treloar and Aish certainly will hope. But the club has a number of other glaring deficiencies that they didn't address in the draft.

Otherwise its out of Brisbane, Carlton and Gold Coast for the spoon.
Gold coast??? Lol. Hope youre not going off 2015....
A few of the ins: ablett, omeara, swallow, prestia

Not sure why i did that lol o_O

Yeah i don't think you guys will make finals again next year.
Should probably be better than a handful of other sides though...but it's a possibility.
Just look at Port, everyone thought they were top 4 certainties this year.
I want a hard draw. Better to play and learn to beat good teams throughout the year than to be shown up in September and have everyone whinge about how soft a draw we had.

And if we fail, as long as we show direction, make decisions like dropping those not up to it like Mackay and Van Berlo which we have failed to do for the past decade, and look to be gearing up for about 2018 when we can realistically challenge then it means we finally get a good draft pick to draft some new personnel to help us get there.

As for Port, they have the cattle but got complacent, but they were never going to get the spoon. Play better against Carlton and Brisbane and they would have made the finals. I doubt the Crows will be complacent with Walsh and his philosophy still relatively fresh in the mind.

Let's hope so, sick of those poos and wees every damn year.
I think there'll be a couple other teams who will also surprise, being at the bottom of the ladder.
In another thread, I said watch out for St Kilda in 2016 as a premiership threat. So there'll be a couple teams make the 8 who were also-rans in 2015, so there'll be a couple top teams in 2015 who will inextricably have a down year in 2016.

Swans and Hawks -- down years, I'm getting the feeling -- whether that's seriously a spoon, dunno.
Saints, and I'd like to think the Blues....only because despite everything, I think our new HC is a gun, and can turn things around very quickly.

Dark horse IMO would have to exclude Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda, Brisbane and Gold Coast.

So, out of the remaining teams... Lets go the Bulldogs. Just a random selection.

If I had to make an argument for it, which I can't really, it would be that they have an attacking style that teams will lock down on more next year, a young list that could be susceptible to a poor run of form due to inconsistency -particularly if they start the season poorly, and despite having great mobile tall options are still looking for genuine A graders in the KP posts (Stringer is not really a KPF).

There you go.

Essendon are my dark horse. Obviously Carlton are favorites but Essendon's forward line is close to the worst in the league. Will be overly reliant on Daniher to kick a score, might have to move Hooker back in there as well. Don't see anybody else next season with the ability to kick 25+ goals in their squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back