Who is the darkhorse for the spoon in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne definite chance at great odds. They are a Goldstein injury away from being completely putrid. Just snuck into the 8 before the two easiest finals games you will ever see
Snuck in by resting half our side in round 23? A win against our bunnies had us equal 5th. Not sure snuck in is correct.

Snuck in by resting half our side in round 23? A win against our bunnies had us equal 5th. Not sure snuck in is correct.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all... How does the rest of that thing go?

You finished 8th fair and square on the back of a soft draw and you were a long way from competing with the top sides

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all... How does the rest of that thing go?

You finished 8th fair and square on the back of a soft draw and you were a long way from competing with the top sides
We were 4 goals off playing in a grand final.

We locked a finals spot down in round 17 and cruised into finals. So much so we could pick our opponant in the 1st week.

I'm gonna put one out there, don't bite my head off :p

Adelaide

Very tough draw, lost their most important mid, new coach and game plan.

Lol at the likers salivating at the idea of a Crows spoon, as the two SA sides are the only two who have never collected one. No doubt we will one year, but 2016 is not that year. Dangerfield and draw =/= Crows.

End of the day this thread is about who could be possibly be worse than the worst team since Fitzroy.

Good luck finding that miracle to avoid back to back spoons.

Wouldn't shock at all if we knock you off again. Enjoy your gloating this offseason as I feel you will be in for a huge reality check come March / April

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Blues would clearly be the clubhouse favourite at the moment as the other two teams in the bottom three - Brisbane, Gold Coast - both had rubbish years with injury and should be much better in 2016. Carlton have no excuses for being so poor this year though and it doesn't look like anything they've done over the off-season will make them immediately more competitive. Most other clubs around that range seem to be generally trending upwards in their development, a bad-luck season can strike anyone but you can't really predict luck.

Carlton's top 10 in the 2014 b&f and the games that they played in 2015 in bond

1 Bryce Gibbs (10)
2 Marc Murphy (19)
3 Kade Simpson (20)
4 Chris Yarran (14)
5 Sam Rowe (20)
6 Michael Jamison (14)
7 Andrejs Everitt (22)
7 Chris Judd (8)
9 Sam Docherty (19)
10 Dale Thomas (5)

So half of you top 10 from the 2014 side (which was pretty weak to begin with) played 14 or less games in 2015.

Over at the Brisbane Lions, their 2014 b&f and games in 2014 were

1. Tom Rockliff - 138 (16)
2. Dayne Zorko - 134 (22)
3. Joel Patfull - 121 (Left)
4. Pearce Hanley - 119 (11)
5. Jed Adcock - 117 (21)
6. Lewy Taylor - 114 (22)
7. Justin Clarke - 113 (20)
8. Josh Green - 110 (16)
9. James Aish - 99 (11)
10. Sam Mayes - 91 (14)
- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-16/top-10s-from-every-club#sthash.QleK6V8h.dpuf

Yes the team is pretty s**t but to saying that "Carlton have no excuses for being so poor this year" while the Lions just "had rubbish years with injury" is crap ..........

Carlton's top 10 in the 2014 b&f and the games that they played in 2015 in bond

1 Bryce Gibbs (10)
2 Marc Murphy (19)
3 Kade Simpson (20)
4 Chris Yarran (14)
5 Sam Rowe (20)
6 Michael Jamison (14)
7 Andrejs Everitt (22)
7 Chris Judd (8)
9 Sam Docherty (19)
10 Dale Thomas (5)

So half of you top 10 from the 2014 side (which was pretty weak to begin with) played 14 or less games in 2015.

Over at the Brisbane Lions, their 2014 b&f and games in 2014 were

1. Tom Rockliff - 138 (16)
2. Dayne Zorko - 134 (22)
3. Joel Patfull - 121 (Left)
4. Pearce Hanley - 119 (11)
5. Jed Adcock - 117 (21)
6. Lewy Taylor - 114 (22)
7. Justin Clarke - 113 (20)
8. Josh Green - 110 (16)
9. James Aish - 99 (11)
10. Sam Mayes - 91 (14)
- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-16/top-10s-from-every-club#sthash.QleK6V8h.dpuf

Yes the team is pretty s**t but to saying that "Carlton have no excuses for being so poor this year" while the Lions just "had rubbish years with injury" is crap ..........

Brisbane Lions total games lost to Injury: 240
League Average: 90

Tom Rockliff (16)*
* Broke Ribs early in two, knocked out early in one, so really only 13
Pearce Hanley (11)
Dayne Beams (16)
Daniel Rich (21)*
*Coming back off an ACL and carrying a hip injury.
Jonathan Freeman (6)
Michael Close (2)
Daniel Merrett (10)

Not to mention countless other injuries to best 22 players, at one point in the year, we had to select the 25 man sqaud from 27 players!

But yeah, 'it's just crap.' :rolleyes:

Brisbane Lions total games lost to Injury: 240
League Average: 90

Tom Rockliff (16)*
* Broke Ribs early in two, knocked out early in one, so really only 13
Pearce Hanley (11)
Dayne Beams (16)
Daniel Rich (21)*
*Coming back off an ACL and carrying a hip injury.
Jonathan Freeman (6)
Michael Close (2)
Daniel Merrett (10)

Not to mention countless other injuries to best 22 players, at one point in the year, we had to select the 25 man sqaud from 27 players!

But yeah, 'it's just crap.' :rolleyes:

Wow, I was saying that you can't say that the Lion's season was due to injuries while there was no excuse for Carlton's poor season when both sides would have comparable injuries to important players (those who finished top 10 in the previous years b&f). I didn't even say that injuries were not a major reason for the Lion's poor season, I seriously have NFI why you over reacted as you did ..........

Wow, I was saying that you can't say that the Lion's season was due to injuries while there was no excuse for Carlton's poor season when both sides would have comparable injuries to important players (those who finished top 10 in the previous years b&f). I didn't even say that injuries were not a major reason for the Lion's poor season, I seriously have NFI why you over reacted as you did ..........
I'm not overreating mate, just pointing out the facts.

I fail to see how Essendon's best 22 (likely to play most weeks), is going to finish 18th.

The backline looks solid and has only been strengthened with the recruiting of the likes of Hartley.
The ruck division is better than it's been in a decade with Leuenberger's arrival.
Daniher gets help from the recruiting of Brown.

Enjoy 18th. You're a genuine sniff.
The real shame is that your side are so irrelevant I can't even find it in me to generate the hate to care.
Bump this thread later next year.

It all depends on who the number 1 draft pick in the 2016 national draft will be.

If the player likely to go number one is highly rated then you would have to expect the two best tankers in the game, carlton and melbourne, to battle it out for the spoon.

The real shame is that your side are so irrelevant I can't even find it in me to generate the hate to care.
Bump this thread later next year.
Psychology 101 my friend - If you didn't care you wouldn't try convincing people that you don't. Lying that you don't care is also a sign of insecurity. You should be honest with yourself, it's obvious that you're hurting.

So by dark horse, we are asking who outside the bottom 4 could pull one out of the bag and jag a wooden spoon?

Let us peruse the ladder shall we.

Port? Can't see it happening

Geelong? You'd think they'd be up and about with Danger.

GWS or St Kilda? Both building nicely, St Kilda with a blend of exciting talent and Nick Riewoldt.

Leaves us with...

Melbourne: Haven't they suffered enough?

Collingwood: Bucks has overseen a steady fall down the ladder. An early season stutter, coupled with their customary second half of season capitulation and...

Yep, lock in 'c' Ed.

Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back