Who is the darkhorse for the spoon in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blues would clearly be the clubhouse favourite at the moment as the other two teams in the bottom three - Brisbane, Gold Coast - both had rubbish years with injury and should be much better in 2016. Carlton have no excuses for being so poor this year though and it doesn't look like anything they've done over the off-season will make them immediately more competitive. Most other clubs around that range seem to be generally trending upwards in their development, a bad-luck season can strike anyone but you can't really predict luck.

Excellent post and you can't argue with any of that. All their hype is unjustified. I think that Knightmare bloke has gotten to a few of their posters' heads which is pretty unfortunate because it just puts immense pressure and expectation on their unproven kids. I can see them turning feral when at their own when they don't become the superstars Knightmare has built them up to be. He's basically trolling his fellow Collingwood supporters.
Your kids are all proven..........failures. Captain is a finals coward.
Richmond would be closer than the Pies to a spoon.

Tiges fans have two reasonable seasons in 2 decades and think they have enough cred to deal out unjustified s**t.
Delusioned flogs.
You are still irrelevant.

Ok buddy, are you still upset KB said you guys would get Treloar?
KB always speaks for entertainment sake... basically if he says something then you know it's tongue in cheek. Naturally the Treloar miss was disappointing but we now have a Rioli and still next year's first rounder. I'm happy to have that instead. Not even Dangerfield cost what you guys paid...

Theoretically Carlton would have the spoon locked up, but I reckon the Bombers are in with a really solid shout.

Very much an extreme outsider, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney have an awful year in 2016. Big question marks over Buddy (Yeah he is back now, but for how long? Mental illness isn't something you get over after a couple of months), their form towards the end of last year was pretty poor, I'll give them the qualifying final they played well but still couldn't get over the line vs a terrible Freo, and North did it pretty easily against them in all honesty. They should have too much quality in the midfield in Kennedy/Hannebery/Mitchell to drop too far, but you never know. Also their KPP stocks are wearing pretty thin.

Very much an extreme outsider, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney have an awful year in 2016. Big question marks over Buddy (Yeah he is back now, but for how long? Mental illness isn't something you get over after a couple of months), their form towards the end of last year was pretty poor, I'll give them the qualifying final they played well but still couldn't get over the line vs a terrible Freo, and North did it pretty easily against them in all honesty. They should have too much quality in the midfield in Kennedy/Hannebery/Mitchell to drop too far, but you never know. Also their KPP stocks are wearing pretty thin.

They are a sort of unknown quantity, but, with the AFL pulling the strings, making the finals is almost assured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are a sort of unknown quantity, but, with the AFL pulling the strings, making the finals is almost assured.

I do sorta agree with the AFL-Swans conspiracy theory stuff, and they should win enough games up in Sydney to be competitive. However don't rate their younger players at all and whilst they are traditionally excellent at development, I think they could fall off a cliff in the next couple years.

Essendon aren't a dark horse, they're a horse that was pumped up on all kinds of space drugs but the dream is over(whatever it takes... No, that doesn't work!!!!!), and they're my pick for the spoon.

Poor list, poor management and they're cracking like an earthquake hitting California.

It's either them or the Blues. All other low-mid table teams are on the up, but these two are coming from a long way back and will only get worse before things improve.

And cheers to that. :thumbsu:

From a team that's lost 3 finals in a row.

North Melbourne definite chance at great odds. They are a Goldstein injury away from being completely putrid. Just snuck into the 8 before the two easiest finals games you will ever see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back