Preview Training reports, pics, training discussion, mustachioed 80s heartthrobs

Remove this Banner Ad

QUOTE="FootyGeek, post: 42116956, member: 15913"]Just one of the reasons to be excited. Both Byrne and Sheehan displayed more than enough to show they have what it takes to make it at AFL level.

The rest is up to them and their will to succeed. They have the tools, if they really want it we have two absolute rippers on our hands.[/QUOTE]

don't you worry! Byrne could have played for aanyone in Ireland kid was good at everything he did no matter the sport he will cement a spot and will work hard I'm glad yarran and hondo are gone.
p.s has anyone noticed Foster is already bigger than Jaksch? hahaha

Come find me folks...I'm the short blonde guy with slicked back hair on the wing still shouting about Paul Bower with all my expert mates.
Slicked back blonde? What happened to the dreadlocks?

Afterwards saw some training drills, didn't know what was happening but Byrne seems to glide over the oval, can't wait to see him in action.

Agree 100% with this! Thought to myself today that if I had no idea of who the players were, I would absolutely believe it if someone told me Byrne was the best player on the team.

Without a word of lie, both these thoughts went through my head yesterday......well the gliding didn't as it was visual but Byrne just runs so 'light' and the term glide is so very applicable. Terrific athlete this kid.

I wondered to myself yesterday, just how good a player Byrne may have been, had have he been born into this game.
We all know that track and the real stuff are poles apart but I just can't see anything that suggests that Byrne won't make it............can do it with most other players but can't find any weaknesses in what Byrne is capable of.

Seems to me Kerridge could be well worth his trade for more than just his onfield ability. To be loved by everyone and getting the group fist pumping and egging him on etc is probably priceless in how it brings everyone together.

It's all cautious optimism gentlemen.
I recall vividly reading posts last year that Jones, Tutt, Jaksch & Whiley would do this & do that.
The sad truth is not one of them was able to hold a spot in the worst side in the comp.

Granted they'll get better (excluding Jones who clearly has no upside & was the worst recruiting move since Micky McGuane) but hopefully this next batch of young players, a better run with injuries & most importantly a fresh coach with fresh ideas will revitalise our on-field stocks.

Seems to me Kerridge could be well worth his trade for more than just his onfield ability. To be loved by everyone and getting the group fist pumping and egging him on etc is probably priceless in how it brings everyone together.

I find it sickening...........all this man love........pats on the back......verbal encouragement.........instructive and considerate conversations.

What's this all about? We're a football team FFS. :)

I'd say it's about understanding limitations.

Kerridge has played AFL football and done well. I am bullish about his impact.

KJ was a 3/4 year tall with a beanpole type frame, I hoped he would become a regular

Without a word of lie, both these thoughts went through my head yesterday......well the gliding didn't as it was visual but Byrne just runs so 'light' and the term glide is so very applicable. Terrific athlete this kid.

I wondered to myself yesterday, just how good a player Byrne may have been, had have he been born into this game.
We all know that track and the real stuff are poles apart but I just can't see anything that suggests that Byrne won't make it............can do it with most other players but can't find any weaknesses in what Byrne is capable of.
Please God his hammies aren't a problem in the future. Byrne may well be a favourite in the annual Pick your 3 thread next season (I said 3, idiots, not 7, fmd).
sigh.........

Please God his hammies aren't a problem in the future. Byrne may well be a favourite in the annual Pick your 3 thread next season (I said 3 idiots, not 7, fmd).

I know footballers often aren't the smartest tools in the shed. But to call them idiots is a bit low, Thy....;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know footballers often aren't the smartest tools in the shed. But to call them idiots is a bit low, Thy....;)
Drink drive, bloody idiot - perfect fit for Curnow the younger!

Though, he did seem contrite at the draft press conference when the self righteous twits known as journalists grilled him for several minutes, barely acknowledging his feat of being drafted.

Drink drive, bloody idiot - perfect fit for Curnow the younger!

Though, he did seem contrite at the draft press conference when the self righteous twits known as journalists grilled him for several minutes, barely acknowledging his feat of being drafted.

.reminded me of this

oswald2.jpg

Remember that Boekhorst isn't running yet, as he had a hip operation only a few weeks ago.

Boekhorst is looking very fit for someone who isn't running. Must be very disciplined with food and whatever training he can do. Music to my ears. I'm going to be up front with pedal to the floor on the Boekhorst bandwagon this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back