Changes for the 3rd test in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Very nice.
First beer at...............???

May hit it at midday, watch a bit, then sneak back over the bridge to North Terrace for a couple of toppers...........it's a bit expensive going early in the Pimms Tent. :p

Rest assured, will be hugging the Jason Gillespie statue by 8pm.

Last edited:
.......and that's how its been at AO for 130 years.

Reckon we get more Day 5 results than any other deck in Australia.

Ed: and I say "We" nowadays...........only taken me 15 years to come around. :cool:

How far you want to go back?

Stumps on Day 1

2014 - 6-354
2013 - 5-273
2012 - 5-482
2011 - 3-335
2010 - Wash out day 1, stumps day 2 ...... 2-317
2009 - 6-336
2008 - 6-262

In fact I went back to 1999 and still have not found a side bowled out on day 1 of an Adelaide test so not sure how it is of any help to fast bowlers. It is a fast bowlers graveyard and always has been.
Yes it has got results as you say but that is based on declarations. Good for batting and good for spinners. Now where is the part it is good for fast bowling?

In fact I went back to 1999 and still have not found a side bowled out on day 1 of an Adelaide test so not sure how it is of any help to fast bowlers. It is a fast bowlers graveyard and always has been.
Yes it has got results as you say but that is based on declarations. Good for batting and good for spinners. Now where is the part it is good for fast bowling?

Poms rolled us for 245, Day One 2010.

Jimmy Anderson got a 4 fa'.

My Bad, read that one wrong. either way it is a rarity. Cheers for picking that up though.
Since when do you have to be bowled out on day one to make it a test match? Those figures actually prove it is a good 5 day wicket. Thats what test matches are about. It's 5 days for a reason.

Since when do you have to be bowled out on day one to make it a test match? Those figures actually prove it is a good 5 day wicket. Thats what test matches are about. It's 5 days for a reason.

No it proves there is no assistance what so ever to a fast bowler, it proves it is a road from the first ball.
Or it proves every single fast bowler for some reason just struggles on the one pitch.
Test cricket is not batsman smashing the bowlers around for 4 days and then with some declarations a spinner cab bowl you to victory.
If you were a fast bowler would you look forward to playing in Adelaide? A test match should provide something for all disciplines.

No it proves there is no assistance what so ever to a fast bowler, it proves it is a road from the first ball.
Or it proves every single fast bowler for some reason just struggles on the one pitch.
Test cricket is not batsman smashing the bowlers around for 4 days and then with some declarations a spinner cab bowl you to victory.
If you were a fast bowler would you look forward to playing in Adelaide? A test match should provide something for all disciplines.
But there is. You just have to be good enough to make it work. Chadd Sayers makes it work, maybe the Australian team should look to him? He bowls line and length. The problem with the Australian bowling attack has been their eagerness to drop short and that does not work at Adelaide and never has.

Need I remind you that Sayers was once the leading wicket taker in the Shield.. having played 5 of his games at Adelaide.

But there is. You just have to be good enough to make it work. Chadd Sayers makes it work, maybe the Australian team should look to him? He bowls line and length. The problem with the Australian bowling attack has been their eagerness to drop short and that does not work at Adelaide and never has.

Need I remind you that Sayers was once the leading wicket taker in the Shield.. having played 5 of his games at Adelaide.

Maybe they should look at him?? But either way you will never convince me or pretty much anyone that Adelaide is a good place to bowl fast. It's character is a batting road and that's ok if the other pitches in the country are prepared as they should be but it looks as though we now have 5 Adelaide pitches in Australia.
The pink ball is doing the supporters a favour hopefully, they have to leave grass on the pitch and some moisture in it. We might hopefully see a contest between bat and ball on day one for once.

I'll be out the back starting a BBQ at 12pm. Ready for the game with a few beers in the tank.

Very nice.
Would loved to have taken tomorrow off to watch the entire game. Still, pretty much get to watch 1.5 sessions after work which will be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they should look at him?? But either way you will never convince me or pretty much anyone that Adelaide is a good place to bowl fast. It's character is a batting road and that's ok if the other pitches in the country are prepared as they should be but it looks as though we now have 5 Adelaide pitches in Australia.
The pink ball is doing the supporters a favour hopefully, they have to leave grass on the pitch and some moisture in it. We might hopefully see a contest between bat and ball on day one for once.
Because you don't want to be convinced. I could break out all the statistics in the world but like LPN1 you will never be convinced.

Because you don't want to be convinced. I could break out all the statistics in the world but like LPN1 you will never be convinced.

Well as I have had some experience there all be it some years ago now my mind is pretty made up so I will accept that.
The only test of the summer most years I pay little attention to until day 4-5. Although with the revelation the pitch is going to have some moisture in it and some grass on it I will be tuning in tomorrow to see what happens.

Hazlewood needs to be dropped, 4/275 for the series not threatening at all, is a slower version of siddle with half the control imo, useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back