3rd Ashes Test England v Australia July 6-10 1930hrs @ Headingley

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

England from, Ben Stokes (captain), Rehan Ahmed, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Steve Smith (vc), Scott Boland, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Todd Murphy, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Matt Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, David Warner.

England from, Ben Stokes (captain), Rehan Ahmed, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Steve Smith (vc), Scott Boland, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Todd Murphy, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Matt Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, David Warner.

England can maintain their delusion and say they had the bad luck and blame other things.

Australia need to continue to improve. I think some more attacking fields are warranted, and on the occasion we go defensive, no half trackers on the leg side to Stokes.

Murphy in I guess. Maybe Boland for Hazelwood.

Green needs to do some mindfulness training. I think his technique is fine but the temperament struggles at times.

Pistol Night if you can't see the blatant massive deflection off Haddins gloves in that clip could I recommend an eye test?

It flicked him on the way through and would have gone straight to 1st slip anyway.

You saying Haddin "palmed" it to 1st is an outright lie.

Same old Pommies, always whingeing.

Do tell us more about this "spirit of the game." Your mob invented Bodyline FFS.

England can maintain their delusion and say they had the bad luck and blame other things.

Australia need to continue to improve. I think some more attacking fields are warranted, and on the occasion we go defensive, no half trackers on the leg side to Stokes.

Murphy in I guess. Maybe Boland for Hazelwood.

Green needs to do some mindfulness training. I think his technique is fine but the temperament struggles at times.

The positive for Green is he's still contributing, got 2 wickets (should have had 3 no ball in the first innings), had a poor test with the bat that's all.

The positive for Green is he's still contributing, got 2 wickets (should have had 3 no ball in the first innings), had a poor test with the bat that's all.
His second innings approach seemed OK until he lost the plot and went out.

Can't remember if it was viable for him but he could look to how Duckett got a lot of singles from the (not so) short stuff. I thought Green ducked a few lower ones that he could have stood up and rolled the wrists on for a single.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His second innings approach seemed OK until he lost the plot and went out.

Can't remember if it was viable for him but he could look to how Duckett got a lot of singles from the (not so) short stuff. I thought Green ducked a few lower ones that he could have stood up and rolled the wrists on for a single.

Yep he will learn whatever happens on this tour I'm fine "carrying" an AR with a better record than Stokes at the same point of his career. I feel he gets stuck between the two extremes. Wanted to deposit Root second ball and hit the Long Room grandpas in the head, and then the second dig didn't want to play anything. I feel early on he needs to be positive, now positive is not the first innings, it's looking for singles, and you can even be positive with a forward defence.

seems like the Poms reaction has unsettled quite a few Aussie fans judging by the rampant whataboutism. let’s hope it doesn’t have the same effect on the players.
it was out, Australia won, time to move on to the next cricket contest in a few days.

Murph and Boland in for Lyon and Haze, continue to grind ruthlessly.
Bazball has it’s moments but it can’t withstand sustained pressure.

Murphy in, obviously. Would rest Hazlewood. Neser if there’s cloud cover.

Slightly concerned about Cummins’ bowling load. He’s playing all 5, the others need to step up.

cummins I think plays 4, may rest the last test if we've wrapped the series up. More concerned about Haze but they will have Boland/Nes to come in. Starc plays the next couple.

seems like the Poms reaction has unsettled quite a few Aussie fans judging by the rampant whataboutism. let’s hope it doesn’t have the same effect on the players.
it was out, Australia won, time to move on to the next cricket contest in a few days.

Murph and Boland in for Lyon and Haze, continue to grind ruthlessly.
Bazball has it’s moments but it can’t withstand sustained pressure.

Only if Haze can't do this test otherwise pick our best attack till the series is won

That seems right. Who would you have: Neser or Boland?

Would depend on conditions, there's not an easy answer there. If I had to decide right now and considering we hold the Ashes I would pick Neser but it's either or and I wouldn't be fussed either way. Lengthen the batting, and bare in mind a draw is enough in the last 3 tests to retain them. That would be the way I'd go personally, but if they picked Boland I wouldn't be too disappointed. I personally would look at Johnson or Morris if we get to a 5th test and we are 4-0 up. Bare in mind the squad is only for the first 3 tests

Back