Changes for the 3rd test in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not carried away - but he did out bat Bancroft/Marsh/Klinger - then backed up against the Kiwis.

Form, in the very short term is there, but yes a few more in front of him, but to dismiss a 288 ball century against a world class attack is a little unfair, citing the pitch.
Check the early performances of Travis Dean then come back to me - fwiw I was there and have praised his innings on a number of threads, but there's silly suggestions and then the ridiculous.

Check the early performances of Travis Dean then come back to me - fwiw I was there and have praised his innings on a number of threads, but there's silly suggestions and then the ridiculous.

Not in for a pissing contest, but yeah Travis Dean - throw the kid a bone.

These games should be used for blooding the next wave - instead we hand meal tickets out to bloke who have proven 7 times over, they're not capable of playing at the top level.

Not in for a pissing contest, but yeah Travis Dean - throw the kid a bone.

These games should be used for blooding the next wave - instead we hand meal tickets out to bloke who have proven 7 times over, they're not capable of playing at the top level.

Has anyone played more than 50 test matches in the team? We've probably got most of the team at under 15 test matches apiece. Which means that this current wave IS the nexf wave.

Vogues is 35/Marsh is a spud. Two spots I see open.

Which Marsh?

And as for Voges, why the hell would you want a young skipper to look around the field and see no-one with loads of experience to talk to as regards different situations that arise? Voges is there because he's captained teams in England and Aus as well as having had a very fine run with the bat domestically.

Which Marsh?

And as for Voges, why the hell would you want a young skipper to look around the field and see no-one with loads of experience to talk to as regards different situations that arise? Voges is there because he's captained teams in England and Aus as well as having had a very fine run with the bat domestically.

Voges is taking Burns spot for a start.

Left field - but wouldn't mind Bosisto getting a look in.

On the back of 102 vs full strength Vics and a solid 79 against NZ - he'll be in the Aus team in the next 3 years, give him a taste in a dead rubber.
Seriously deluded suggestion

Has anyone played more than 50 test matches in the team? We've probably got most of the team at under 15 test matches apiece. Which means that this current wave IS the nexf wave.
Peter Siddle has played 57, and from the last test Nathan lyon 48. (Johnson retired after 75ish).

We have Burns, Khawaja, MMarsh coming through that could hold their spots for many, but at the moment are still vulnerable. Having Voges/Smarsh to help stabalize and provide experience is enough for now. You don't want too much youth too quickly.

I'm sure Smith (the youngest Australian captain since Kim Hughes - which ended really well) wants to Captain a batting lineup of him, Warner and 4 20 year old developing prospects.

Voges is not taking Burns spot. Burns is in the team. I don't agree with it but they elected to play him as an opener.

Dropping Voges for Burns would just mean we need someone else to open. Either you go with Cowan (exactly the same issues as Voges except Cowan has less leadership experience) or Bancroft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Smith (the youngest Australian captain since Kim Hughes - which ended really well) wants to Captain a batting lineup of him, Warner and 4 20 year old developing prospects.

Voges is not taking Burns spot. Burns is in the team. I don't agree with it but they elected to play him as an opener.

Dropping Voges for Burns would just mean we need someone else to open. Either you go with Cowan (exactly the same issues as Voges except Cowan has less leadership experience) or Bancroft.

They have elected to play him as an opener to accommodate Voges. So in a year's time when Burns is nowhere - because he doesn't have the technique to be an opener - and Voges is retired what have we achieved? We have two spots open.

The comparison with Hughes is dead wrong, Hughes had the opposite issue of experienced players not respecting him.

They have elected to play him as an opener to accommodate Voges. So in a year's time when Burns is nowhere - because he doesn't have the technique to be an opener - and Voges is retired what have we achieved? We have two spots open.

The comparison with Hughes is dead wrong, Hughes had the opposite issue of experienced players not respecting him.

Burns opens for Queensland. Unless you actually are one of the selectors, you can't know that they'd rather play Burns at 5.

If you are one of the national selectors, welcome aboard!

I'm selling 2x tickets for the Saturday of the test in section 140. Face value of $45 each but am willing to part way with them for $60. Unable to go so looking to re-coup some of the money. If you're interested send me a PM.

Apparently grass can grow on the Adelaide Pitch, all these years I thought grass was impossible to grow in the centre of Adelaide oval and for some reason water would never touch the centre either.
Good news it can and we now know the curators have been preparing highways deliberately for decades.

Apparently grass can grow on the Adelaide Pitch, all these years I thought grass was impossible to grow in the centre of Adelaide oval and for some reason water would never touch the centre either.
Good news it can and we now know the curators have been preparing highways deliberately for decades.
Rodney Hogg opens the bowling for SA, he knows what to expect - not much, nevertheless he steams in for his first ball and is pleasantly surprised as the ball kicks of the pristine surface and smacks into Wayne "Flippa" Phillips' gloves. Les Burdett & crew are enjoying their traditional ale in the groundsman' shut at the start of play side on to the pitch. Hoggy is delighted with what he sees - this track could be different to every other track he's seen at Adelaide Oval!
He charges in for ball to and gives it everything. The ball pitches, stops and balloons to Phillips on the second bounce, Hoggy deflated turns and yells towards the groundsman' shed;

"Nice ******* track Les!"

Rodney Hogg opens the bowling for SA, he knows what to expect - not much, nevertheless he steams in for his first ball and is pleasantly surprised as the ball kicks of the pristine surface and smacks into Wayne "Flippa" Phillips' gloves. Les Burdett & crew are enjoying their traditional ale in the groundsman' shut at the start of play side on to the pitch. Hoggy is delighted with what he sees - this track could be different to every other track he's seen at Adelaide Oval!
He charges in for ball to and gives it everything. The ball pitches, stops and balloons to Phillips on the second bounce, Hoggy deflated turns and yells towards the groundsman' shed;

"Nice ******* track Les!"

Batsman love Les, not sure he gets any X as cards from any quick bowlers ever though.
Day before the match walk out to check pitch, have a two second look then fake a hammy on way back into rooms. Sit up and relax and enjoy the batathon lol

Batsman love Les, not sure he gets any X as cards from any quick bowlers ever though.
Day before the match walk out to check pitch, have a two second look then fake a hammy on way back into rooms. Sit up and relax and enjoy the batathon lol

Mitch Johnson did OK for himself there. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back