Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on you have to make top 4 first which is far from certain, maybe not even likely.

Arse and city have vastly superior squads to Pool and if Arse can get by through their injury plight they'll end up streets ahead of pool, ditto City. Pool, Spurs, Utd and Leicester to fight it out for 3-6 placings.

youre underestimating the klopp factor.
im not saying we will win it, but we will go close.
those other teams have better squads but they also have Wenger/LVG/Pelle in charge

He has also achieved league success with a similar underdog style club in the past so as much as we laugh at the Liverpool fans it does matter having a manager that has shown they're capable of winning a league title. Yes I know LVG has too but last time he did anything relevant Hawthorn were beatable in September!

He has also achieved league success with a similar underdog style club in the past so as much as we laugh at the Liverpool fans it does matter having a manager that has shown they're capable of winning a league title. Yes I know LVG has too but last time he did anything relevant Hawthorn were beatable in September!

2012?

it's too early to write off liverpool or spurs. they've both played some magnificent football at stages this season

united are solid domestically

arsenal could win it if the squad stays healthy from feb-may

city obviously the favourites.

there are still 72 points for chelsea to win. they looked 14/15 at whl on sunday, maybe a sign of things to come

We actually are 0% chance of winning the whole thing. Liverpool slightly ahead at 1%.

Chelsea were nowhere near 14/15 at WHL on Sunday. There was 1 team interested in winning that game and 1 looking to get out with a point. Real shame Poch took a strong side to Azerbaijan because we looked a lot more flat than usual

youre underestimating the klopp factor.
im not saying we will win it, but we will go close.
those other teams have better squads but they also have Wenger/LVG/Pelle in charge
I think you're overstating the Klopp factor for this season. Still a weaker squad than nearly all the other contenders for top 4.

Question for Liverpool fans - can you win the title this season?

Yes. We're 6 points off the top in a fairly average league having already played Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, City, United and Everton all away from home. If we can sort out our home form we're as good a chance as anyone.

For some reason people are scared to talk up their own team for fear of looking silly at the end of the season, but I think people who talk themselves out of things are worse. People are free to support their team how they want but I just don't see how it's fun having no hope/faith in your own team.

Chelsea looked 14/15 at the back. You controlled the midfield and created some decent chances, however the Blues back 4 was as organised as I've seen it in months. Mourinho loves an away draw in London derbies.

The 0% and 1% figures are far too small. There's no space at the top of the table, and at this rate a high 80s score won't be needed to win the thing. Spurs have probably played better Football than Arsenal and United this season. Their ability to sustain it is questionable, but if Kane/Eriksen stay fit keep combining well they'll be at least in the top 4 come May.

Liverpool are greater outsiders. When fit, Sturridge can be a world class CF. The recent emergence of Firmino and continued individualbrilliance of Coutinho poses a serious threat to any defence. I love the Football Jurg's got them playing at present, however I doubt they're the type of team that'll continuously scrape the 3 points on the run in like most Championship teams do so well.

Chelsea looked 14/15 at the back. You controlled the midfield and created some decent chances, however the Blues back 4 was as organised as I've seen it in months. Mourinho loves an away draw in London derbies.

The 0% and 1% figures are far too small. There's no space at the top of the table, and at this rate a high 80s score won't be needed to win the thing. Spurs have probably played better Football than Arsenal and United this season. Their ability to sustain it is questionable, but if Kane/Eriksen stay fit keep combining well they'll be at least in the top 4 come May.

Liverpool are greater outsiders. When fit, Sturridge can be a world class CF. The recent emergence of Firmino and continued individualbrilliance of Coutinho poses a serious threat to any defence. I love the Football Jurg's got them playing at present, however I doubt they're the type of team that'll continuously scrape the 3 points on the run in like most Championship teams do so well.
Agreed we've played fantastic so far but that still has us behind City and Arsenal who have had pretty ordinary run with injuries and have much stronger squads than us. The 13 game unbeaten run has more draws than wins, we're still not at the stage of captalising on our good play. 3 0-0 draws at home to Everton, Liverpool & Chelsea would have yielded 6+ points for a side ready to win titles.

Liverpool are an unknown with Klopp. Will he be able to turn things around quickly enough to make the most of the top sides being weaker than usual who knows? Whilst Mignolet is starting though there's always going to be some dropped points that will cost them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

injuries the only thing holding us back. read that hart, vinny, silva, de bruyne and kun havent played together once this season. we've always suffered from an inability to have players come in and just play a role, and the over reliance on 2-3 forever continues.

Agreed we've played fantastic so far but that still has us behind City and Arsenal who have had pretty ordinary run with injuries and have much stronger squads than us. The 13 game unbeaten run has more draws than wins, we're still not at the stage of captalising on our good play. 3 0-0 draws at home to Everton, Liverpool & Chelsea would have yielded 6+ points for a side ready to win titles.

Liverpool are an unknown with Klopp. Will he be able to turn things around quickly enough to make the most of the top sides being weaker than usual who knows? Whilst Mignolet is starting though there's always going to be some dropped points that will cost them
72 points still available for Spurs. One thing is for certain, you've found a keeper with Pochettino. With an in-form Harry Kane staring staring down a back 4 in the last 20 mins of a tied game, those solid defensive efforts might just become full results as the season progresses. The kid is that mercurial, the way he tortured Arsenal in February was just unfair.

What I love about this EPL season is that every top club has been in a serious form/health struggle, making for an inevitably tight battle in the new year. It's similar to the epic 2013/14, but with 5 teams contending rather than 3.

One thing is for certain, you've found a keeper with Pochettino.
That scares me tbh. scares me that there's one guy that may not see that and will hastily sack him when there's the first sign of trouble.

Based on you have to make top 4 first which is far from certain, maybe not even likely.

Arse and city have vastly superior squads to Pool and if Arse can get by through their injury plight they'll end up streets ahead of pool, ditto City. Pool, Spurs, Utd and Leicester to fight it out for 3-6 placings.

Arsenal may have a slightly better squad than the chasing pack, but I'm not sure I'd say 'vastly superior', particularly given the ongoing injury concerns they have with several key players. Remember that at present:

1) They have 1 fit striker in Giroud.
2) They have 4 fit midfielders in Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla & Ozil.
3) Oxlade-Chamberlain is their only wide option.

Literally half the squad is on the sidelines for at least the next month (Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Welbeck, Wilshere, Rosicky, Arteta, Coquelin, Koscielny), and many of those players will likely be out for considerably longer. On paper you're right - they have plenty of talent. However, it's not worth much if many of those players can't be relied upon to play more than half the season.

It's the same story with Arsenal every single year. Flying heading into the Christmas period, injuries begin to take their toll (many of them very predictable), the fixture list piles up and they drop back to the chasing pack by January/February.

Arsenal may have a slightly better squad than the chasing pack, but I'm not sure I'd say 'vastly superior', particularly given the ongoing injury concerns they have with several key players. Remember that at present:

Literally half the squad is on the sidelines for at least the next month (Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Welbeck, Wilshere, Rosicky, Arteta, Coquelin, Koscielny), and many of those players will likely be out for considerably longer. On paper you're right - they have plenty of talent. However, it's not worth much if many of those players can't be relied upon to play more than half the season.

It's the same story with Arsenal every single year. Flying heading into the Christmas period, injuries begin to take their toll (many of them very predictable), the fixture list piles up and they drop back to the chasing pack by January/February.
Koscielny is fit for the weekend supposedly, Walcott back in full training so only a week or two away, the rest are still fairly long term though.

Our squad fully fit is pretty good, but they are only ever fully fit for about 10 minutes during pre-season, that's our main problem.

That scares me tbh. scares me that there's one guy that may not see that and will hastily sack him when there's the first sign of trouble.
Or he'll get poached by Man U or Chelsea. Doubt he'd come cheap if levy didn't want to let him go!

Levy's business model craves continuity. Surely even he realises that and has been waiting for the perfect fit.

For some reason people are scared to talk up their own team for fear of looking silly at the end of the season, but I think people who talk themselves out of things are worse. People are free to support their team how they want but I just don't see how it's fun having no hope/faith in your own team.

So you've never read one of Moomba's posts then?

November is a horrible horrible time of the year for Arsenal.

http://www.cityam.com/229449/arsena...gers-men-suffer-a-rough-ride-during-the-month

96/97 - 15/16

Arsenal have played 75 games, won 36, drawn 15 and lost 25 - a 47 per cent win ratio in November.

Back