The Title Race

Who will win the Premier League title?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy for anyone to give up on the title race at this point.

Before the weekend I would have had Liverpool favourites, then us and then Arsenal. But any of the three could have won it.

Now I have us favourite from Liverpool. And still any of the three can win it.

Gap is only 2 points.

Crazy for anyone to give up on the title race at this point.

Before the weekend I would have had Liverpool favourites, then us and then Arsenal. But any of the three could have won it.

Now I have us favourite from Liverpool. And still any of the three can win it.

Gap is only 2 points.
I guess for the rest of us we know what's next, I'm sure you feel different.

But its just inevitable with Pep at the wheel.

I guess for the rest of us we know what's next, I'm sure you feel different.

But its just inevitable with Pep at the wheel.
I can understand not being confident, and we have built that end of season reputation over a long time now.

But giving up? Nah, not when you're 2 points behind. That's just crazy.

I can understand not being confident, and we have built that end of season reputation over a long time now.

But giving up? Nah, not when you're 2 points behind. That's just crazy.
We've been 1 point behind, twice.

Week after week we have won our game. Week after week, you just win yours. And then at the end of the season, low and behold, we're one point behind and we have lost the title.

City will win all 6 of their remaining fixtures, of that I have no doubt.

We've been 1 point behind, twice.

Week after week we have won our game. Week after week, you just win yours. And then at the end of the season, low and behold, we're one point behind and we have lost the title.

City will win all 6 of their remaining fixtures, of that I have no doubt.
We've won 4 of our last 6 games in the league. And are away (dropped points in 5 of 15) in 4 of the final six.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism, talk about how it won't happen and you won't get so disappointed if it doesn't. I hope the teams have the same level of belief as some of the supporters.

FWIW, we got 11 points from the matching fixtures last season.

Yeah City are just relentless for the most part in the turn of the year.

Won 15 or 16 straight last year didn't they? Not quite as good as this year - so far - but still outrageously good. So hard to catch and even harder to get in front of once they're in front.

I think City take it from here. Again.

We've won 4 of our last 6 games in the league. And are away (dropped points in 5 of 15) in 4 of the final six.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism, talk about how it won't happen and you won't get so disappointed if it doesn't. I hope the teams have the same level of belief as some of the supporters.

FWIW, we got 11 points from the matching fixtures last season.
Think it’s part coping mechanism, also some like to build it up to be the great underdog story if their team happens to win. Feels like fans these days take the approach a lot of coaches do in always painting their team as the underdog for some reason.

City have struggled against Spurs recently, and Forest away fighting for their lives looks tricky. But every game can be a problem, no one thought Liverpool and Arsenal would both lose last night. City themselves have gone close to blowing it on the final day against ‘easy’ opponents a few times recently.

Markets currently say there’s more than a 30% chance City won’t win the league. I think they will, but it won’t be some huge shock if either of the other two do.

Back