Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloris
Walker Toby Vert Rose
Dier Alli
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Vorm
Trippier Wimmer Fazio Davies
Bentaleb Dembele
Chadli Mason N'Jie
??

In reality though Fazio isn't as likely as that makes out given Dier can go back to centrehalf, so as I said we need another striker.

Alli and Dembele was a toss up so I backed the young kid lol
Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno
Lucas Henderson
Firmino Coutinho Milner
Sturridge

Bogdan
Flanagan Kolo Lovren Enrique
Can Allen
Markovic Lallana Ibe
Benteke

I think we are definitely deeper talent wise. I mean our reserve striker is Benteke and yours is ??? and that's without Ings even making either squad.

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno
Lucas Henderson
Firmino Coutinho Milner
Sturridge

Bogdan
Can Allen
Markovic Lallana Ibe
Benteke

I think we are definitely deeper talent wise. I mean our reserve striker is Benteke and yours is ??? and that's without Ings even making either squad.
Your backup defence and keeper is weaker than ours and to be fair that includes Fazio :drunk: who would play defence after Dier in effect.

As for Benteke he's inevitably going to spend most of the season as the no.1 striker as Sturridge's body is made of chalk, so in effect you likely will have 1 striker like we do.

You mean the Markovic currently on loan, interesting inclusion, I guess he could be recalled but are you really going to do that just to fill up a back up XI?

Last edited:
Bogdan
Can Allen
Markovic Lallana Ibe
Benteke
Joe Gomez? When fit he took Moreno's spot while Enrique was playing xbox.

the GK in the 1st XI are also borderline useless
Mignolet has the most clean sheets in the EPL in 2015 ;) :p

Liverpool are still 2-3 CBs short & 1 GK short (Bogdan fine as backup). Depends on your opinion of Lucas & Allen how they are in CM also. Definitely good enough to be in a squad but wouldn't rely on them all the time. Depth at AM and ST obviously very good

Liverpool are still 2-3 CBs short & 1 GK short (Bogdan fine as backup). Depends on your opinion of Lucas & Allen how they are in CM also. Definitely good enough to be in a squad but wouldn't rely on them all the time. Depth at AM and ST obviously very good

Gomez, Ilori and Wisdom are 3 other guys that can play CB.

Gomez, Ilori and Wisdom are 3 other guys that can play CB.
The latter 2 have shown what so far on loan to suggest they'll be long term answers? Gomez definitely will be a player but the other two so far is as usefull as me putting in Cameron Carter-Vickers as our CB who has already played in the US u21 and u23 sides at 17. They all may well be players but this stage their names on a screen who've shown not a great deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klopp is getting some good performances outta Lovren, and we don't have to worry about Sakho and Skrtel, so CB is actually our best stocked area

I'm more worried with our quality up forward outside of 3 or so players and depth at full back
Skrtel is now 30 and has always been prone to an error or two. Sakho & Gomez both prefer to be the left sided CB. So too does Lovren doesnt he? Regardless Lovren is and always will be Lovren, there's 3-4 big mistakes out of him

Lets also not forget 1 of your CBs and the GK in the 1st XI are also borderline useless
So Mignolet is borderline useless? Hahaha riiiight. He's not DDG quality but he is a very good goalkeeper. Just not world class. Calling him borderline useless is just bizarre, looking for ways to make your squad appear better than ours. Skrtel aswell, borderline useless? At least I assume you are talking about Skrtel as Sakho is a beast.

Yeah nah. Nice try though.

Last edited:
They beat Soton 3-1?
Lost to us and Liverpool 4-1 with them both gone. I'm sure the City fans can reel of some other poor displays with them gone. Sometimes it's not even about the end result. Saints got back to 2-1 and then had a pen non-call. Just don't get the sense those 4-1's or letting a side back in at home would have happened with the leaders of the defence in

Skrtel is now 30 and has always been prone to an error or two. Sakho & Gomez both prefer to be the left sided CB. So too does Lovren doesnt he? Regardless Lovren is and always will be Lovren, there's 3-4 big mistakes out of him

Lovren can play left or right, he's equally s**t or good at either side

I think Skrtel's gonna decline at some stage, I thought he would by now but he is actually getting better recently, so I'm not worried about him yet

I think Klopp has really shored up our defense, I'm amazed at what he's done actually, looks a real solid unit nowadays aside from the odd Mignolet moment

This shows just how bad Rodgers was at coaching a back 4

The latter 2 have shown what so far on loan to suggest they'll be long term answers? Gomez definitely will be a player but the other two so far is as usefull as me putting in Cameron Carter-Vickers as our CB who has already played in the US u21 and u23 sides at 17. They all may well be players but this stage their names on a screen who've shown not a great deal
To be fair to Wisdom, he has played nearly 60 Premier League games. Plus nearly another 40 in the Championship. That's probably a gigantic step up from Cameron Carter-Vickers. But again nice try.

Last edited:
So Mignolet is borderline useless? Hahaha riiiight. He's not DDG quality but he is a very good goalkeeper. Just not world class. Calling him borderline useless is just bizarre, looking for ways to make your squad appear better than ours. Skrtel aswell, borderline useless? At least I assume you are talking about Skrtel as Sakho is a best.

Yeah nah. Nice try though.
Mignolet as a 1st choice GK for a top 4 aspiring club is useless. So too is Skrtel. IMO they aren't anywhere near the likes of Lloris, Verts and Toby and we are only an aspiring top 4 side also.

To be fair to Wisdom, he has played nearly 60 Premier League games. Plus nearly another in the Championship. That's probably a gigantic step up from Cameron Carter-Vickers. But again nice try.
So he has 60 appearances in the PL and still can't get into your squad. Top player!

Also nice rounding from 40-odd up to 60 #scousemaths

LOL, why should the other clubs even bother.

Tottenham clearly have the best squad, everyone. We're all wasting our time. Might as well hand them the trophy and do the other clubs a favour.

I still have hopes for Wisdom, he's only 22 and plays mostly right back for Norwich but he's built like a tank and could play CB in the future.

Ilori has done nothing at Villa. I remember thinking when he loaned him that it was a mistake. No way would he play in front of Lescott, Okore, Richards and Clark.

Mignolet as a 1st choice GK for a top 4 aspiring club is useless. So too is Skrtel. IMO they aren't anywhere near the likes of Lloris, Verts and Toby and we are only an aspiring top 4 side also.

Mignolet's shot stopping is outstanding. Just let down by his all round game. Still a good keeper though.

As I've said previously, Spurs look very solid, not good enough to win the league but should be getting top four. If they lose Kane or Lloris they are in big trouble though IMO.

We usually have a pretty good second half of the season, hopefully that continues again, lowest I think we will finish is third.

Your backup defence and keeper is weaker than ours and to be fair that includes Fazio :drunk: who would play defence after Dier in effect.

As for Benteke he's inevitably going to spend most of the season as the no.1 striker as Sturridge's body is made of chalk, so in effect you likely will have 1 striker like we do.

You mean the Markovic currently on loan, interesting inclusion, I guess he could be recalled but are you really going to do that just to fill up a back up XI?
Is it though? Fazio is downright awful. Trippier and Wimmer have shown very little. Lovren is actually rebuilding his reputation under Klopp and im his biggest hater but he's actually being quite good since Klopp's arrival. Kolo Toure is old but still does a job. Enrique a seasoned pro but we could even bring in the uber impressive Gomez at LB if we choose to.

But forward of that, your second XI is poor. Bentaleb and Dembele is meh. Mason? N'Jie is average. Chadli goes ok. And you have no striker at all haha.

And we're not even getting into the starting XI where we have you covered in most positions.

Back