Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

He played in Hooker that game.

Exactly.

Hooker may get the number one defender, whereas McKernan and Brown will attract the number two defender.

Welcome Browny,

I hope Hooker goes back, he deserves a season playing in his preferred position the same way Hurley did and was rewarded with an AA. In those two we have 2 of the best backline pillars in the league. Brown should be targeted as a forward, Some occasional rotation of brown and those 2 is to be expected but predominately forward should be the focus.

A fair difference in quality. Roughy and Gunston are also far far more agile than any of Ess trio.

Daniher, Francis and Langford?

Similar players to Hale, Roughead and Gunston. ;)

Welcome Browny,

I hope Hooker goes back, he deserves a season playing in his preferred position the same way Hurley did and was rewarded with an AA. In those two we have 2 of the best backline pillars in the league. Brown should be targeted as a forward, Some occasional rotation of brown and those 2 is to be expected but predominately forward should be the focus.
Has he stated somewhere that back is his preferred position. I got the impression he loved being forward.

Has he stated somewhere that back is his preferred position. I got the impression he loved being forward.

Sorry I mean to say, where he has the best form.

He is a good forward, but he is a great Full back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I mean to say, where he has the best form.

He is a good forward, but he is a great Full back.
I don't disagree, however I can see him becoming a great forward relatively quickly if given the chance. I see him more valuable forward. Ultimately however, I want him wherever is best for the team.

I don't disagree, however I can see him becoming a great forward relatively quickly if given the chance. I see him more valuable forward. Ultimately however, I want him wherever is best for the team.

I see him as the Harry Taylor Type,

Great intercept mark, best position is back, but has some great qualities that allow him to have a strong influence forward. I also think that's how he should be used, small stints forward to cause some chaos but spend a majority of the time back.

This probably deserves to be here
Sort of see him in between, not a gorilla like Cloke but a bit more powerful than Gunsten but still more of a leading forward.

We currently have no gorillas unless McKernan can step it up and i will say he has to keep finding but it would not surprise me if he did. I am in the minority
but i see him as a forward who can help in the ruck more than anything. I think he will go ok as a forward.

I agree that Brown seems most natural up front. Are we able to play all of Daniher (FF?), McKernan (3rd tall?) and Brown (CHF?) is the same side whilst still having some flexibility with McKernan, Langford and even TBC/Berger spending brief periods forward?

It's a tough ask but at the moment if have the three talls as Daniher, Brown and McKernan (fwd/ruck). TBC and Berger will need to fight it out for the starting ruck position whilst Ambrose, Lamgford will battle it out for the roaming fwd position IMHO.

I see Brown playing 90% of the time forward. He was the VFL CHF and is a really strong target, obviously AFL is a step up but I think his game can be solid in the AFL.

This probably deserves to be here

I agree that Brown seems most natural up front. Are we able to play all of Daniher (FF?), McKernan (3rd tall?) and Brown (CHF?) is the same side whilst still having some flexibility with McKernan, Langford and even TBC/Berger spending brief periods forward?

It's a tough ask but at the moment if have the three talls as Daniher, Brown and McKernan (fwd/ruck). TBC and Berger will need to fight it out for the starting ruck position whilst Ambrose, Lamgford will battle it out for the roaming fwd position IMHO.

IMO Daniher, McKernan and Brown sounds like a good setup, but we won't know until it's tested. Hope it works out. I also hope Langford is named over guys like Ambrose. Surely adding Ambrose to the three you've mentioned makes it too top-heavy?

IMO Daniher, McKernan and Brown sounds like a good setup, but we won't know until it's tested. Hope it works out. I also hope Langford is named over guys like Ambrose. Surely adding Ambrose to the three you've mentioned makes it too top-heavy?

I don't see how we can fit Brown and Ambrose into the same team

I don't see how we can fit Brown and Ambrose into the same team
If we were to play Brown at CHF then i think Mckernan is a lock for the third tall because we won't want TBC (as second ruck) as that would be 3 talls struggling at ground level. Only thing is, there is just that chance that Langford is going to go totally "Hird like" on us next year which will be a cat among the pigeons!

l6QjQBL.jpg

The more I think about this bloke, the more I want him to have a medal in late September in the red and black. For what he has been through, for the ray of light when we beat Melbourne with a side full of top up players, for him to refuse to give up on himself, that is the type of character that builds success. Mitch Brown could be our 2008 Trent Croad.
#donthesash
We are building and this was a bigger piece to the puzzle than a lot realize.

Hope he goes really well for you. A personal favorite. He had a bad run with us, but every time he took to the field in the seniors I'd have my heart in my mouth just hoping he could have a breakout match.

He's one ex-player that I wouldn't mind seeing pantsing one of ours (when it didn't matter!)

Well done Mitch Brown.

The more I think about this bloke, the more I want him to have a medal in late September in the red and black. For what he has been through, for the ray of light when we beat Melbourne with a side full of top up players, for him to refuse to give up on himself, that is the type of character that builds success. Mitch Brown could be our 2008 Trent Croad.
#donthesash
We are building and this was a bigger piece to the puzzle than a lot realize.

:drunk:

What?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back