The Real Welcome Tom Doedee Thread - Draft Pick #17

Remove this Banner Ad

Read the thread, the best of SANFL Reserve teams vs the best of the TAC cup, Last I knew Summerton or Petreko don't play SANFL reserves.
And you will be suprised how well Doedee will go against the So called Bigger bodied SANFL teams.

No doubt TAC could go well against reserves ports academy is u18 and not even the best they would almost be playing against u18 anyway

No doubt TAC could go well against reserves ports academy is u18 and not even the best they would almost be playing against u18 anyway
Yes but the Main Point I was trying to make was Doedee is good enough to Play a few games of AFL and will go well in the SANFL and we should not always look at the player and say they need to prove themselves in the SANFL before playing AFL. Because the standard of the TAC is pretty good. and this Kid has a proven record of performing at every level of comp he has played in and I don't see that changing.

Yes but the Main Point I was trying to make was Doedee is good enough to Play a few games of AFL and will go well in the SANFL and we should not always look at the player and say they need to prove themselves in the SANFL before playing AFL. Because the standard of the TAC is pretty good. and this Kid has a proven record of performing at every level of comp he has played in and I don't see that changing.

You confuse me, I have said the club has done what he has he ain't getting a game in the AFL unless he shows something at SANFL level you do realise the crows don't have an SANFL reserves team? He will play SANFL 1st round I watched Jonty Sharenberg play ok at SANFL level last year he is due to be drafted as a first rounder this year, so Doedee two years older I expect as a first rounder will show some pretty good performances. I don't expect him to play AFL although a lot would want a first rounder to grab a couple of games this year, but good SANFL form I would like to see.

You confuse me, I have said the club has done what he has he ain't getting a game in the AFL unless he shows something at SANFL level you do realise the crows don't have an SANFL reserves team? He will play SANFL 1st round I watched Jonty Sharenberg play ok at SANFL level last year he is due to be drafted as a first rounder this year, so Doedee two years older I expect as a first rounder will show some pretty good performances. I don't expect him to play AFL although a lot would want a first rounder to grab a couple of games this year, but good SANFL form I would like to see.

As I said before go to the start of the tread. It started about comparing the size of Milera and Doedee. in a conversation with Jeffcrowe

If Malera big enough to play AFL this season, So is Doedee, after all prior to pre-season he was 5kg heavy but only 2cm taller, SANFL a good grounding but don't rate the TAC cup as lightweight.
Doedee has a football brain with an athletics abilities, a combination most want in there teams.
Time will tell but if I was placing a bet he will play AFL at some time this year.

And I stand by my comment the TAC cup is not a lightweight comp and has not been for a few years, AFL puts a lot of money into that comp.

TAC doesn't compare to SANFL one little bit there will be kids that play TAC that aren't good enough to play reserves footy in the VFL, SANFL or WAFL yes there is some talented players in TAC but one enormous gap between the best and worst, it actually isn't a bad effort to get on an SANFL list and to play league even better

And I will say it again a combine TAC team will give a combine SANFL reserves team a run for there money and most likely win the game.

I got the impression you were anti Doedee, and using the old he has not played against bigger bodied SANFL players as a reason, Where I am not from that school of thought, good TAC cup players are good enough to make the AFL in the first year. May not play many games but not too many 19 years olds do, even the ones that played SANFL against the bigger bodied players.
My theory - The biggest difference between seasoned SANFL players and young 18 year olds from the rep teams is endurance, the ability to run a game out. Skill wise now that would be a good and interesting discussion.

As I said before go to the start of the tread. It started about comparing the size of Milera and Doedee. in a conversation with Jeffcrowe

And I stand by my comment the TAC cup is not a lightweight comp and has not been for a few years, AFL puts a lot of money into that comp.

And I will say it again a combine TAC team will give a combine SANFL reserves team a run for there money and most likely win the game.

I got the impression you were anti Doedee, and using the old he has not played against bigger bodied SANFL players as a reason, Where I am not from that school of thought, good TAC cup players are good enough to make the AFL in the first year. May not play many games but not too many 19 years olds do, even the ones that played SANFL against the bigger bodied players.
My theory - The biggest difference between seasoned SANFL players and young 18 year olds from the rep teams is endurance, the ability to run a game out. Skill wise now that would be a good and interesting discussion.

TAC combined would struggle against Ammo 1 combined

I don't I watched Francis last year at college footy he was a top 10 draft pick but wouldn't have dominated A1 he was not as strong as a 25 year old
Weitering, Schache, Oliver, Parish, Hopper, Weideman, McKay, Curnow, Rioli, Doedee, Gresham to name a few, would dominate in the SAAFL

They would get absolutely crunched and knocked off the ball
No two reasons, they have spent more time in weights training in the pass 2 years than most SAAFL players, and in order to be crunched they have to caught first,
Don't forget the AFL has put a lot of money an time into the TAC and the clubs have better setups more coaches than the SAAFL plus access to better training facility. These Kids are not the light weights we think they are these days. They look small compare to an established AFL player but put them against a Part timer there not much difference. All these Kids are on AFL type plans from under 14/16, Most as under 16's played in senior comps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No two reasons, they have spent more time in weights training in the pass 2 years than most SAAFL players, and in order to be crunched they have to caught first,
Don't forget the AFL has put a lot of money an time into the TAC and the clubs have better setups more coaches than the SAAFL plus access to better training facility. These Kids are not the light weights we think they are these days. They look small compare to an established AFL player but put them against a Part timer there not much difference. All these Kids are on AFL type plans from under 14/16, Most as under 16's played in senior comps.

Hahaha they are still 17 and tbh aren't that big due to the excessive endurance that is required AFL players are a lot taller and thinner also than years gone by?

They would get absolutely crunched and knocked off the ball
Utter fantasy [Bullshit]....

I know for a fact the local TAC lads at the Ballarat Rebels and the AIS/AFL Academy have for several years now spent significant time in the weight room especially pre-season, one only needs to look at the draftees of today compared to 10 years ago to see the remarkable difference.

Utter fantasy [Bullshit]....

I know for a fact the local TAC lads at the Ballarat Rebels and the AIS/AFL Academy have for several years now spent significant time in the weight room especially pre-season, one only needs to look at the draftees of today compared to 10 years ago to see the remarkable difference.

Did they start when they were 9 or 10 years of age?

WTF are you on about now?

What have 9 or 10 year olds got to do with anything I posted?

I can only come up with the conclusion your comprehension skills need some work.

No, he's trying to defend the SANFL as the 2nd best Aussie Rules comp. The idea that a best 22 from the draftees could beat a SANFL side flies directly in the face of his belief system.

No, he's trying to defend the SANFL as the 2nd best Aussie Rules comp. The idea that a best 22 from the draftees could beat a SANFL side flies directly in the face of his belief system.
I don't think anyone on here actually suggested that a best 22 from the TAC/Draftees would beat a SANFL side, what I and others will however contest is that they would get beat by 150 points as Marty36 suggested in an earlier post.

Also what Marty36 may not be aware of quite a few of the TAC lads DO play 1 or 2 matches with their affiliated VFL sides throughout the season as part of their development and he may also be surprised to learn that most make a pretty good fist of it too. Locally several of the TAC lads played games for the Ballarat Roosters VFL side and at one match I attended one of them Darcy Tucker played particularly well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back