Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess it will be the same decision the dogs have to make with Stringer
Is he more valuable as an impossible matchup in the 50 who can kick 4-5 and break open a game
Or a bloke who gets it 20-30 times in the midfield and rests forward
He needs to do it a few times before we're making any decisions, but yes hopefully that is the 'dilemma' which will present itself to us :p

He needs to do it a few times before we're making any decisions, but yes hopefully that is the 'dilemma' which will present itself to us :p

Nah I learnt me lesson trying to play down Hogan before the season started last season
**** it Petracca will kick 89

Nah I learnt me lesson trying to play down Hogan before the season started last season
**** it Petracca will kick 89
Should have been ineligible for the POTY based on some of those posts. :)

Knowing our luck with our first selection each year he's probably dead.
I had a moment of dread when I read this. It seemed so likely. But he's still breathing and done something horrible to his hair (which means next moment he tries to get traded to Collingwood).

I had a moment of dread when I read this. It seemed so likely. But he's still breathing and done something horrible to his hair (which means next moment he tries to get traded to Collingwood).
If he shows up with the beginnings of a sleeve tattoo...

He's alive!

“Young Clayton has come down from the country. He’s got a good size AFL body, which gives him a bit of an advantage over some of the first-year players. He looks like he’s going to be a good runner too – he burst out of the blocks in a 300-metre run. But he’s learning good habits, like all of the young kids.” – Paul Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to watch this guy play for the Dee's. One of my favourite players from last years draft class.
Cheers, would like to know what you particularly liked about him and what stood out.

You hear heaps of media stuff but always good to get a fans perspective.

Cheers, would like to know what you particularly liked about him and what stood out.

You hear heaps of media stuff but always good to get a fans perspective.
Has that unique mix of size and strength with a burst of speed and that x factor. Whether that x factor comes in the form of a big fend off and burst out of a pack, or a big mark or a nice goal he just reminds me of someone who could become a Stringer type gun. I'll keep close tabs on him.

I really wish he didn't look like Jordie Mckenzie after eating Brock Mclean. The aint going to be a sponsor's darling.

Lingy%20Poster-thumb-400x566-122954.jpg
c_ling_portrait.jpg
slide11.jpg

My favourite memory of lingy was at the grand final parade when somebody at channel 7 thought it would be funny to write "Prime minister" in the graphic that tells you who people are. (julia was PM at the time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back