Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wall-FB573377fdc6a25.jpg
dhMeAzK.gif

Anyone else think Swan is being overrated in the retrospective assessments of his career?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-23/magpies-hero-calls-time-before-dying-the-villain
Probably a touch but he has won a lot of individual awards over his career so probably stands out to Collingwood folk

One thing I find strange in regards to Swan over the years is everyone just conveniently forgot he helped bash that guy and leave him brain damaged. Anyone else would have had that stick with them but people see him as the lovable larrikin these days.

Probably a touch but he has won a lot of individual awards over his career so probably stands out to Collingwood folk

One thing I find strange in regards to Swan over the years is everyone just conveniently forgot he helped bash that guy and leave him brain damaged. Anyone else would have had that stick with them but people see him as the lovable larrikin these days.
The original good bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a white kid wanting to dress up as his hero (who is dark skinned) and wants to be black is racist

How?

He's not mocking Naitanui ffs
This is the world we live in now, a significant proportion of the population are so precious that they have to look for things to get offended about on behalf of other people because they're "privileged"

This is the world we live in now, a significant proportion of the population are so precious that they have to look for things to get offended about on behalf of other people because they're "privileged"
There's a line though.

I don't think it was crossed given its just a kid and he wanted to dress up like his idol.

But there are many more instances where blackface IS crossing the line, so it's not that helpful to make generalisations about privilege etc.

Anyway this is gonna turn into a shitstorm of faux outrage from both sides of the fence like usual so I'll leave it here.

Last edited:
There's a line though.

I don't think it was crossed given its just a kid and he wanted to dress up like his idol.

But there are many more instances where blackface IS crossing the line, so it's not that helpful to makes generalisations about privilege etc.

Anyway this is gonna turn into a shitstorm of faux outrage from both sides of the fence like usual so I'll leave it here.

I agree with this. I can understand why blackface is offensive, but I just don't think a young boy dressing up as his hero should be frowned upon. The little guy obviously loves and idolises nic, and clearly means him no offence.

There's a line though.

But there are many more instances where blackface IS crossing the line, so it's not that helpful to make generalisations about privilege etc.

I'm not saying there is no situation where blackface is not racist, just not in this situation. But there is a growing trend of middle class white people getting offended about all sorts of things on others behalves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back