Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please think before you post.

You might not have a great deal of sympathy for Hird and that's fine, but please think about what you're about to submit before you do so.

We are living in the era of nastiness though. Relentlessly pushing someone to breaking point is seen as strong and brave and capitulating to extraordinary pressure just seems to bring on the hatred. Granted I say some harsh shit in forums - but actively cheering on a guy having a dependency problem at best and having tried to harm himself at worst is not exactly a shining example of your humanity. James Hird did some absolutely cretinous things, and possibly put young kids whose welfare he was entrusted with in harm's way. That isn't forgiveable - he should never be involved in the game ever again. Those who are his apologists for his actions at EFC are idiots. That said - the man has a family and friends who would still care for him and would be absolutely hurting. Reveling in this kind of misery of others is honestly a bit shit. Call me a cuck, call me a bleeding heart, call me a SJW - I don't give an absolute damn. Cheering on the decline of someone's mental state is not exactly something you should wear as a badge of honour.

You say Hird vouched for the safety of the drugs... How do you know this? On what evidence?
I'm sure Dank did record all info on what he gave to players... And I believe he did not give over any records. Again: he is the bad guy
IF Hird vouched for the safety of the drugs then bad on him. But again complicit and not the real bad guy.

On the success of a program: on performance ... Not on what the players ate or bench pressed.
OMG, stop it or I'll be sick, I am laughing so hard right now.

Oh my stomach!

So you think n one knows what was injected?

I am not sure which is a bigger crime:
Injecting performance enhancing drugs to cheat
Injecting some unknown random substance into kids to see if it's cheating,
or your moral outrage at Abasi calling it as it is.

I think it's pretty obvious that he tried to self harm.

Let's not pretend he just wanted attention.

A cry for help, maybe. attention? no.

Well, we dont really know. What we do know is that far more women "try" to kill themselves, and far more men succeed. Men tend to find the most brutal, impossible to recover from ways of doing it (cliffs, bridges, guns, etc.).

I doubt we will ever know if it was genuine, a cry for help, or a cry for attention. But what we do know is it is always a mess for the family and friends, and hopefully whatever caused him to do this, he can now get help.

I took great pleasure in him bringing down Essendon because of his irrational hatred of us, but no decent human would take pleasure in this. For those who do... maybe just keep it to yourself. Or Twitter, which seems to be the appropriate cesspool for this sort of behaviour. Please?

You are assuming he tried to self harm.
"Intentional poisoning" could be interpreted as him having been poisoned by someone else.

While I'm sure he has plenty of enemies I still think it's fairly unlikely someone would try to kill him. Particularly like that.

edit- Not assuming you think it was a murder attempt or any other foul play btw. You could have been implying an accident, etc.

God, I hate this thread. It's got such a Keeping Up With The Kardashians vibe to it.

I'm not having a go at anyone's posts. I just can't stand the topic. And like the Kardashians, I find myself stopping for 30 seconds of pain every time the show goes past as I speed click the remote.

EDIT: How about Healing with the Hirds. Do you think channel 10 would run with that?

God, I hate this thread. It's got such a Keeping Up With The Kardashians vibe to it.

I'm not having a go at anyone's posts. I just can't stand the topic. And like the Kardashians, I find myself stopping for 30 seconds of pain every time the show goes past as I speed click the remote.

EDIT: How about Healing with the Hirds. Do you think channel 10 would run with that?
I also dislike the Kardashians. Luckily I've discovered a great way of limiting what little Kardashian related material I am subjected to. The great news is that it can be applied to just about everything, including this thread. What I do is this: Any time I discover something that contains a thing I don't want to hear about I simply limit myself from that something.

I also dislike the Kardashians. Luckily I've discovered a great way of limiting what little Kardashian related material I am subjected to. The great news is that it can be applied to just about everything, including this thread. What I do is this: Any time I discover something that contains a thing I don't want to hear about I simply limit myself from that something.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
This is why this thread exists, isn't it? To not let this "evil" (the attempt at cheating and callously risking the health and livelihood of young men) ever be forgotten.

This is why this thread exists, isn't it? To not let this "evil" (the attempt at cheating and callously risking the health and livelihood of young men) ever be forgotten.
I'm not sure why this thread exists. You're probably right. Maybe we'll end up having an annual parade where Mitchell's children's children get to march wearing his Brownlow medal.

I like the idea that you think this thread is like the tomb of the unknown soldier.

No, of course not. But that doesn't make them comparable and it seems a bit odd you basically saying it's hypocritical to find comments on Hird distasteful because of a total unrelated situation.

Your board to mod as you see fit, and I won't post in here on this again, but when people are so rabidly and ferociously unable to separate football and cheating with mental illness and suicide it's very sad imo.

All I'm going to say us that it's obvious the people joking about this have never been touched by suicide or they wouldn't dream of trivialising it like this. For their sakes I hope they never have to have to experience it, and lose a family member like this, and feel ashamed of previous actions as a result.
this is a weird post. Contemplating suicide is highly related to attempting suicide. If you had ever had to talk to someone who was contemplating or threatening suicide you might appreciate how very ****ing serious it is...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is a weird post. Contemplating suicide is highly related to attempting suicide. If you had ever had to talk to someone who was contemplating or threatening suicide you might appreciate how very ******* serious it is...
There are levels of contemplation- at the very minimal end is the person who is on a cliff edge, looks down and thinks for a second about slipping off, to the person who plans an attempt hoarding medications over a week etc. the first is common and not really mental illness, the latter is a high risk behaviour - with many levels in between.

We are living in the era of nastiness though. Relentlessly pushing someone to breaking point is seen as strong and brave and capitulating to extraordinary pressure just seems to bring on the hatred. Granted I say some harsh shit in forums - but actively cheering on a guy having a dependency problem at best and having tried to harm himself at worst is not exactly a shining example of your humanity. James Hird did some absolutely cretinous things, and possibly put young kids whose welfare he was entrusted with in harm's way. That isn't forgiveable - he should never be involved in the game ever again. Those who are his apologists for his actions at EFC are idiots. That said - the man has a family and friends who would still care for him and would be absolutely hurting. Reveling in this kind of misery of others is honestly a bit shit. Call me a cuck, call me a bleeding heart, call me a SJW - I don't give an absolute damn. Cheering on the decline of someone's mental state is not exactly something you should wear as a badge of honour.
Well said, i agree every word

On SM-T710 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What happened, did Robbo write something coherent against Hird?

Apparently, the Essendon supporting wife of a judge had a go at him at a recent Christmas party.

Of course, I entirely doubt this story. What is normally referred to as "having a go at someone" is not what would happen at a Christmas party with guests like that. Most likely Hird lovers were strokin his ego, telling him how unfair it all was and she said something calmly and quietly like, "I disagree. I think you did a horrible thing to the club and the players." And hearts were all a flutter at the confrontation.

She did not get up in his grill and give him hell. That would not happen.

Apparently, the Essendon supporting wife of a judge had a go at him at a recent Christmas party.

Of course, I entirely doubt this story. What is normally referred to as "having a go at someone" is not what would happen at a Christmas party with guests like that. Most likely Hird lovers were strokin his ego, telling him how unfair it all was and she said something calmly and quietly like, "I disagree. I think you did a horrible thing to the club and the players." And hearts were all a flutter at the confrontation.

She did not get up in his grill and give him hell. That would not happen.
Here's a link to an article in which the incident is mentioned.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/di...l/news-story/fbe76b0d0fbcb97797155a7700379f1e

“She made startling accusations, all baseless. She had no idea what she was talking about. Her comments had a devastating effect on James.”

You'd think "baseless" accusations wouldn't have a "devastating effect" on a person. Sure it might get you angry and defensive but for this particular incident to seemingly effect him that badly that he'd turn to drugs and potentially a suicide attempt. It suggests to me that those accusations were actually all incredibly on the money. So much so that hearing it come from an Essendon supporter and the partner of a judge it would have cut him very deeply. It would be very interesting to know what she said.

Thanks for the link.

The only way Hird can free himself from his own prison is to admit his failings, accept responsibility and apologise unreservedly to all of those affected. The human species has an amazing capacity for forgiveness when they sense genuine remorse.

That article was a crystal ball into Jobe Watson's future too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back