Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuck was in a bad place and suffering from severe depression when he was found in his car but Essendon supporters on this site have brought this up as this drug saga unfolded, claimed this as a culture thing and laughed at the whole situation. Now they are suddenly sensitive and taking the high ground.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Further, I am not sure the doping program actually harmed any of the players physically... No-one does as no-one knows what they were given... The greatest harm was mental. And that is all on Dank

Bullshit.
Whatever they were given was synthetic and meant to un-naturally change what their bodies did, under training and rest.
The players regime of workouts would have been tailored to fit with the biorythyms of the drugs. I am sure some of the injuries suffered that year are directly linked to the drugs effects and or training changes that were necessitated by its delivery.
Many of that group then had their careers interrupted or stopped, and faced the difficulties of maintaining fitness to return to elite sports without the support of professional trainers (maybe a good thing at Essendon :p). That's an unnatural path for footballers at the highest level and undoubtedly has worsened their physical potential for the remainder of their careers. Injuries are likely going forward because of that hiccuped timeline.
Couple that with the undoubted stress the players have experienced for a very extended period of time, which has been shown to be unequivocally clinically damaging to the body, and the entire saga is a physical disaster for all those involved.

I've made my point before, but for me there is absolutely no similarity between what the players that were experimented on and with have suffered, and what the Essendon footy club's management who have scuttled for the darkest corners of every room to avoid real responsibility at a personal level have experienced. Those in charge of the program have gone near scot free relative to the severity of their dishonesty and actions, and the way the business world works those same shadowy figures will probably still earn huge sums of income instead of being the unemployable bums they deserve to be.
An absolutely disgusting episode for the EFC, and the fact that so few on the Bombers board (I read their peptides thread in its entirety) chose to demand their senior leadership be flogged publicly for their actions, or that every stone be overturned so that the malignancy could be cut out - is mind boggling. Instead their supporters chanted 'deny, stall, avoid any semblance of assistance, malign others to change the narrative, claim other clubs were doing the same without any evidence to that end, deify their coach in an attempt to counter the mounting scorn, cry about their plight but refuse to demand change and transparency'..........
Great for every other club's supporters to chortle over, but a festering splinter of disgrace that has not been excised from the body of that organization and it's followers.

Last edited:
Why?
I reckon we'd be lucky to be halfway into this adventure, the eye of the storm..

Page 1983 will be a fun read
Page 1984/1985 not so much

But 2012-2016 ohhh boy woweee

I'm not able to post in the Hird thread on the main board, I've been reading and liking various posts since it was started yesterday but never directly posted in it (saved my thoughts for here instead!).
Personally think they jumped the gun in deciding who can/can't post in it.

Last edited:

Hird's actions in the drugs saga were terrible but it brings me no joy that he has apparently attempted suicide. I hope he can find the appropriate help he needs.

Hird's actions in the drugs saga were terrible but it brings me no joy that he has apparently attempted suicide. I hope he can find the appropriate help he needs.

Still absolutely zero indication it was a suicide attempt.

It's a mess and has been for years.

Hird is in a bad way. Has made a lot of mistakes that have brought a lot of pressure into his life for a long period of time. That leads to depression etc.

I don't feel especially sad or sorry for him. I've seen that fast lane lifestyle and I wouldn't go near it for anything - but some are drawn to it and it can go horribly wrong. Some thrive on it but their decline often happens in silence.

There's a commonality among the hird, Carey, Lyon, Nixon stories in which the high profile life has made people untouchable and then brought them crashing down. Yes you can debate the nuances and details of all of those cases (which cover a broad range of highs and lows) but it's the drunk on success thing that they all have in common. A lifetime of achievements and people telling you that you're amazing has consequences (okay Ricky Nixon is the odd one out there - but the guy did have a huge stable of afl players and really controlled things for a while).

Those saying it's the medias fault are dickheads, as are those who are acting like they had no effect on the situation. The media have made the situation worse - they need to have accountability here. Camping on someone's front lawn should be ******* illegal. Ambulance chasing s**t. It makes me sick.

I don't want the guy to die. I don't want him in hospital. I think there's a mountain of s**t that society and the industry can learn from this as Hird is not the first, nor will he be the last. Actions have consequences, what goes up comes down and bubbles burst. Hope he comes out the other side and contributes positively to society and his own life.

Hird is a disgrace, I have zero sympathy for him but I feel for his kids.
I'd start with a possible arrest for drug possession just to get things rolling.

Lot of speculation without a whole lot of fact, probably best to let the dust settle and see where this one goes, I doubt anyone on here knows anything about Hird's personal life (other then what has been speculated), if it was an overdose then you would hope that it was accidental and not something related to an attempt at self harm or suicide. Irrespective of how people view the guy after all that's happened (viewed pretty bloody poorly in my eyes, pretty much totally in line with that whole club), there is no pleasure in this, I for one am hoping that if this is a battle with mental illness, that he gets help and can start getting his life back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still absolutely zero indication it was a suicide attempt.
So correct you are, I'm tipping it was an overdose of tanning product. After all with him laying low for so long he probably wasn't get the same amount of UV he once was getting, It was UV wasn't it?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a mess and has been for years.

Hird is in a bad way. Has made a lot of mistakes that have brought a lot of pressure into his life for a long period of time. That leads to depression etc.

I don't feel especially sad or sorry for him. I've seen that fast lane lifestyle and I wouldn't go near it for anything - but some are drawn to it and it can go horribly wrong. Some thrive on it but their decline often happens in silence.

There's a commonality among the hird, Carey, Lyon, Nixon stories in which the high profile life has made people untouchable and then brought them crashing down. Yes you can debate the nuances and details of all of those cases (which cover a broad range of highs and lows) but it's the drunk on success thing that they all have in common. A lifetime of achievements and people telling you that you're amazing has consequences (okay Ricky Nixon is the odd one out there - but the guy did have a huge stable of afl players and really controlled things for a while).

Those saying it's the medias fault are dickheads, as are those who are acting like they had no effect on the situation. The media have made the situation worse - they need to have accountability here. Camping on someone's front lawn should be ******* illegal. Ambulance chasing s**t. It makes me sick.

I don't want the guy to die. I don't want him in hospital. I think there's a mountain of s**t that society and the industry can learn from this as Hird is not the first, nor will he be the last. Actions have consequences, what goes up comes down and bubbles burst. Hope he comes out the other side and contributes positively to society and his own life.

This is a good post. Some of the comments here and elsewhere are disturbingly callous.

Hird is solely responsible for the mess he has made of his reputation and professional life. Much like Carey and Lyon etc. And like those guys Hird was accustomed to things simply working out for him. A lifetime of being put on a pedestal - and achieving almost God-like status at Essendon - did that to him.

In his narcissism Hird genuinely believed this would all go away. Hence the lack of contrition, the vexatious law suits etc. I reckon the final CAS appeal failing would have been a massive blow as there was no where left to go. His reputation is shot, his professional career over and by all accounts (no doubt in part to known pressures and in part due to unrelated things) his family life has taken a negative turn. Put all those things - a ruined reputation, no career prospects, family pressures - in front of any person and they will be psychologically vulnerable. Compound it with relentless media hassle and scrutiny and an ego wholly unaccustomed to not getting his way and you get crisis confronting Hird. This latest news is sadly not surprising.

Hird deserved the reputation and career damage. And he's paid that price. Both are in tatters. However He and his family do not deserve for him to be so unwell as to be self harming. There are four kids who could lose a father if he doesn't get the appropriate help. Anyone who takes pleasure in that is as much a sociopathic shitbag as they have accused Hird of being.

However He and his family do not deserve for him to be so unwell as to be self harming. There are four kids who could lose a father if he doesn't get the appropriate help. Anyone who takes pleasure in that is as much a sociopathic shitbag as they have accused Hird of being.

Perhaps he should have thought more about altering the lives of 34 others and their own families (regardless of their own complicity).

Perhaps he should have thought more about altering the lives of 34 others and their own families (regardless of their own complicity).
Hence the deserved reputation and career destruction as I outlined above. Can't see how that justifies anyone relishing in him now battling health issues and his family having to deal with it. Anyone taking pleasure in it or using it for football rivalry point scoring is a seriously s**t person.

So you think that he should kill himself?
You seriously think he tried to kill himself?

Or did he seriously crave more attention?

Going on his past behaviour, I am going with the latter.

I feel sorry for his wife and kids and his girlfriend, not so much for him.

True. But as others have said, the high life can come crashing down in a big way. Even more so when you're the Golden Boy and adored by the masses.
Still, I hope the best for his health and wellbeing.

Agreed - an unintended/accidental overdose is still a form of self harm obviously. I want the guy to never be involved in the game ever again - but at the same time I don't wish any malice on his family and kids. Hopefully he can get better for their sake - I lost a parent young and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Guys, please think before you post.

You might not have a great deal of sympathy for Hird and that's fine, but please think about what you're about to submit before you do so.

You seriously think he tried to kill himself?

Or did he seriously crave more attention?

Going on his past behaviour, I am going with the latter.

I feel sorry for his wife and kids and his girlfriend, not so much for him.
I think it's pretty obvious that he tried to self harm.

Let's not pretend he just wanted attention.

A cry for help, maybe. attention? no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back