Roast David King smartest campaigner in AFL appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. Leila was ordered to drive the mortally wounded Workman to hospital. As I walked into casualty that night I could see Leila on the (public) phone, two detectives flanking her. I snatched the phone from her and asked who was on the other end. It was promptly hung up. The two detectives immediately started apologising to me, which suggested they were complicit in letting her make a call to her masters. Stupid, or corrupt? I'm backing the latter because of the branch they were from.

She then told me she'd found the wounded Workman by the side of the road, picked him up, put him in the back of her car and drove him to hospital. When I asked her to show me her car, she hesitated but eventually took me to it. It was a 2door late 80's Celica.there was blood in the backseat. Leica must have weighed about 50-55 kgs, at most. Workman had weighed in at 148 kg when admitted. She continued to string the story along, saying she had dragged him into the car and into the back seat. The story quickly collapsed of course.

What was also interesting was that about 8.00 am in the morning a Det. Sgt. From St.Kilda CIB with a reputation for being rotten to the core, was in the Homicide Squad Office, sniffing around and making a nuisance of himself. I asked him what he was up to and he told me he wanted to help in any way he could. I told him he could help by leaving us to it as it was now a Homicide case. He hung around all day with the imprimatur of another allegedly corrupt copper who was temporarily on loan to us. He outranked me at the time. As we all know, we were sold out and the girls disappeared. Those were the days. As if fighting the crooks wasn't bad enough, sometimes you were fighting those who were supposedly on our side.
Doing some name dropping. Played football with Simon Illingworth during his time when he was a whistleblower against police corruption.

Firstly there was a bloke that I would go to war with as I have done some military peacetime service.

Secondly was playing with Simon at a game when the opposition coach started calling him a squeller, whats it like having no friends, having a drink by yourself tonight etc.

Simon vaults the fence goes up to 20m away coach is in the stand with his 2 assistant coaches. Asks him and his homeboy mates to come down and discuss it further.... typically they stayed still where they were didn't say a word and changed their pants at half time.

Will not mention clubs but we are very old ammo rivals.

Love the underbelly stuff as many of us are totally unaware of the endemic corruption within the police force.....Hard to believe that it happens because as a citizen you always believe that the police are working to protect you whereas the opposite may be the case.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

PREMIERSHIP STAR SAYS PORT ADELAIDE CAN WIN THE FLAG THIS YEAR

Aug 24, 2017

upload_2018-7-20_13-6-50.png

Dual premiership Kangaroo David King says Port Adelaide could come from nowhere to win the 2017 AFL flag,
comparing the Power with the Western Bulldogs in 2016.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richmond should sack Trent Cotchin as captain, says David King

upload_2018-7-20_13-11-43.png
By Jon Pierik
Updated

2 April 2016 — 4:36pm

Who's the dude with the sunnies? Looks like the Irish lawyer in Battlestar Galactica.

This photo needs Dermie and Dorado.
Shout out to the greatest sci-fi series of all time...

Doing some name dropping. Played football with Simon Illingworth during his time when he was a whistleblower against police corruption.

Firstly there was a bloke that I would go to war with as I have done some military peacetime service.

Secondly was playing with Simon at a game when the opposition coach started calling him a squeller, whats it like having no friends, having a drink by yourself tonight etc.

Simon vaults the fence goes up to 20m away coach is in the stand with his 2 assistant coaches. Asks him and his homeboy mates to come down and discuss it further.... typically they stayed still where they were didn't say a word and changed their pants at half time.

Will not mention clubs but we are very old ammo rivals.

Love the underbelly stuff as many of us are totally unaware of the endemic corruption within the police force.....Hard to believe that it happens because as a citizen you always believe that the police are working to protect you whereas the opposite may be the case.

Indeed, BigMonty. The sad thing is that it was allowed to flourish under certain individuals. It wasn't until the likes of Simon Illingworth had the courage to speak out, that it was tackled. He paid a terrible price in terms of bullying and threats and we're talking about threats from people who had killed, or had others killed. I agree with your assessment of him. He lacked nothing in the courage department. Not one of these heroes that flogs a defenceless crook, but true courage, especially when it comes to putting your career on the line.

At the risk of editorialising, it was typical that people like Simon and plenty others like him chose to leave rather than fight on. There are a couple of people currently in the executive command who have massive question marks hanging over their reputations. As in all large organisations, mediocrity rises to the top. The shame is, the vast majority of coppers are honest and do an incredibly difficult job.

The day Matthew Johnson caved in Carl Williams' scone, you could hear a collective sigh of relief from certain corrupt coppers. There was an even louder groan from those who were on the trail of those who were responsible for investigating the Hodson murders. Williams was the key to that, as well as revealing major corrupt figures in the police and judiciary. David Miechel, the corrupt Drug Squad Detective who was recently released after doing 12 years jail for offences relating to trafficking, was one who was allegedly on the payroll. Another was charged in relation to the Hodson's murder, did 12 months in remand, but was released after Carl's untimely demise.

Miechel has never breathed a word about his involvement in corruption, nor who "ran" him. Rumour has it he has over a million in cash stashed somewhere, although I get the feeling he is under close surveillance, both physically and electronically. Interestingly, when he went to his High School, ten year reunion, (before his police troubles started) when asked to write some advice to the graduating students in the year book, he simply wrote,"Deny, Deny, Deny!"

Shout out to the greatest sci-fi series of all time...
Absolutely loved it. Might have a rewatch.
Also a fan of the U.S. Office and the bit where Jim was giving it to Dwight who couldn’t talk back...”BattleStar being about a Vulcan called Spock and a wizard called Dumbledore in a castle in Mordor”...or words to that effect. Funny as

Was battlestar the one with Vincent and Bob the two robots?
Or was it the small child robot twiggy twiggy twiggy?

Google I shall. ...

Wow way off
It's twiki in battlestar
And Vincent and Bob were the black hole tv show

Double edit
It's a movie and there seems to be no Bob???
I'm sure there was two and one was called Bob....

Triple edit
Bob lives......

Last edited:
Was battlestar the one with Vincent and Bob the two robots?
Or was it the small child robot twiggy twiggy twiggy?

Google I shall. ...

Wow way off
It's twiki in battlestar
And Vincent and Bob were the black hole tv show

Double edit
It's a movie and there seems to be no Bob???
I'm sure there was two and one was called Bob....

Triple edit
Bob lives......
Twiki wasthe robot in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
The delicious Erin Gray was Wilma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was on SEN this morning getting hammered by callers and was boasting how he blocks people on Twitter for bringing up his dumb arsed predictions.

Pretty gutless.

Doubled down and declared Essendon to win the 2019 premiership.

I think the guy is a bit simple.

He dead set yesterday said that he didn't reckon Howe meant to punch Cripps in the face.. I mean, see for yourself if you reckon he meant to or not.

The other commentators laughed as soon as it fell out of his dumb mouth. That Kelli Underwood chick didn't even have to break stride whilst setting him straight on the matter. Dumb f***. This thread will never die as long as he's got a platform to make a fool of himself. Loving it.

David King is exactly right in this article.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...-tactical-preparation-after-richmond-mauling/

Most of the time he criticises the Saints he is questioning Richardson's coaching which is completely warranted!

I listened at the time and it was a reasonable analysis, the scary part was the criticism about how the most unforgivable part of running a football club is not reading where you are actually at. We haven't done that well and I agree, we misread where the list was at and where we sat in the hierarchy. Thinking you are a finals side and look all but locked in to the bottom 4 for another 3 years at least is really bad management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back