List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Brad Hill ? I would've paid him personally, he's the best wingman in the comp and yes agree we'd be premiership favs with him now. But, of course opportunity cost to miss out on Day definitely and maybe Finn would've been high
I wasn’t saying he wasn’t worth it but just looking at and pointing out what the cost was. Pretty sure we were also required to use our 1st rounder which somewhat would’ve taken us out of any chance to snag him.

I love Pittos effort but his skill level is deplorable unfortunately.

Agree, his endevour and efforts cant be questioned but quite frankly he has concrete hands and is a really poor contested mark for a big man. Is also a very poor set shot for goal. I'm holding big hopes for Ned Reeves, far more athletic and 6cm taller than Pitto, hope he plays a couple of games next year

Agree, his endevour and efforts cant be questioned but quite frankly he has concrete hands and is a really poor contested mark for a big man. Is also a very poor set shot for goal. I'm holding big hopes for Ned Reeves, far more athletic and 6cm taller than Pitto, hope he plays a couple of games next year
We did offer Pitto a deal and were very keen for him to stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we have plans to draft or trade for a future ruckman. McEvoy is in his 30’s and Ceglar looking really average (smashed by Stanley and Goldy) and also pushing 30. The cupboard is pretty much bare after that...

Honestly I couldn't possibly care less about rucks. So long as you've got one and they can contest, you're pretty sweet. Name me all of the superstar rucks in premiership teams over the past 30 years?

For mine, the list starts and ends with Dean Cox. The rest have all been battlers.

Honestly I couldn't possibly care less about rucks. So long as you've got one and they can contest, you're pretty sweet. Name me all of the superstar rucks in premiership teams over the past 30 years?

For mine, the list starts and ends with Dean Cox. The rest have all been battlers.

Agree and disagree, the good ones are really really good, Grundy, Gawn, Goldstein,Natanui and now Marshall. Then you have your next tier, Big Boy, Tim English, (could easily push up into the next bracket) Witts, Nankervis. The rest are all so so.

We couldn't have three peated without Max and Big Boy. In 2013, Max's knees were shot but went man to man with a rampaging Sandilands and broke even which was absolutely critical. Big Boy was a stupendous in 2014 and 2015, and again was a vital cog in a big wheel. With an average ruckman like Ceglar we probably still win 2014 and 15 but not 2013, Sandilands would have murdered him

Hmm Ceglar being spanked by Stanley gave Geelong a massive run on in rd 2 then Goldy destroying him prob should have cost us the game on the weekend. We’re talking about the modern game- not the last 30 years..
We need someone who won’t be spanked by the better rucks in the comp- IMO our search should be starting now for the McEvoy/Ceglar replacement..

Hmm Ceglar being spanked by Stanley gave Geelong a massive run on in rd 2 then Goldy destroying him prob should have cost us the game on the weekend. We’re talking about the modern game- not the last 30 years..
We need someone who won’t be spanked by the better rucks in the comp- IMO our search should be starting now for the McEvoy/Ceglar replacement..

Goldstein is averaging 4.5 frees for this season, he's getting a massive armchair ride from the umpires and outside of those free kicks Ceglar actually acquitted himself pretty well.

Goldstein is averaging 4.5 frees for this season, he's getting a massive armchair ride from the umpires and outside of those free kicks Ceglar actually acquitted himself pretty well.

Goldy was given those frees because he continuously out-pointed Ceglar and was able to get prime position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back