List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Best case scenario trade wise is Williams as an FA, a zippy small forward (Hill, Papley etc), and Connor Downie in the draft.

I expect Poppy will retire and possibly Hendo. Could also see us delisting Cousins.

Doubt we’ll see Silk hang up the boots, he’s a machine.

Honestly I couldn't possibly care less about rucks. So long as you've got one and they can contest, you're pretty sweet. Name me all of the superstar rucks in premiership teams over the past 30 years?

For mine, the list starts and ends with Dean Cox. The rest have all been battlers.
Shaun Rehn.

Justin Madden.

Paul Salmon.

Damian Monkhorst.

I get your point. But these 4 are just off the top of my head. If I looked harder, I reckon there might be one or two others.

Paraphrase?
JOM was telling the players in a team meeting he was seeking a trade. Coch was up the back, and as he stormed out said "this is bullshit"
Then after took JOM into a room and tore strips off him basically calling him a disloyal campaigner.
Club source said it didn't sit well with the playing group.
Coch said it was the darkest day in the clubs history.

JOM was telling the players in a team meeting he was seeking a trade. Coch was up the back, and as he stormed out said "this is bullshit"
Then after took JOM into a room and tore strips off him basically calling him a disloyal campaigner.
Club source said it didn't sit well with the playing group.
Coch said it was the darkest day in the clubs history.
Really enjoyed watching the Suns this year but as long as he is at the club it will always be hard to get behind them, the vindictive nature that he went around that trade period was disgraceful and amateurish. It makes the AFL bailing them out all the more infuriating.

Really enjoyed watching the Suns this year but as long as he is at the club it will always be hard to get behind them, the vindictive nature that he went around that trade period was disgraceful and amateurish. It makes the AFL bailing them out all the more infuriating.
Also said Dodo had him lined up at pick 1 in the PSD had it fell over in the last 5 mins.

20190330_204515_IMG_0169.JPG

Best case scenario trade wise is Williams as an FA, a zippy small forward (Hill, Papley etc), and Connor Downie in the draft.

I expect Poppy will retire and possibly Hendo. Could also see us delisting Cousins.

Doubt we’ll see Silk hang up the boots, he’s a machine.

Hopefully we trade Cousins for a draft pick his a Sydney type player.

Goldy was given those frees because he continuously out-pointed Ceglar and was able to get prime position.

He got soft frees.

When Ceglar blocked Goldstein, Goldstein got free kicks.

When Goldstein blocked Ceglar, Goldstein got free kicks.

Ruck infringement free kicks are a joke. There is no rhyme or reason as to when or why they are paid.

He got soft frees.

When Ceglar blocked Goldstein, Goldstein got free kicks.

When Goldstein blocked Ceglar, Goldstein got free kicks.

Ruck infringement free kicks are a joke. There is no rhyme or reason as to when or why they are paid.

Some of the infringements last night were just terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would still be keen on Ollie Wines if he wants to come back to Victoria..
I’d rather spend the $$$ on a decent small forward like Papley. Yeah we need more midfield grunt but you’d be hoping guys like Jones and Finn will be able to provide that relatively soon.

We needed to have address that small forward role like yesterday IMO.

I think we'll go to the draft for the next few years and only pick up some cheap role players unless a FA or star falls into our hands. We have a group to contend for the next 2-3 years imo.

Ollie wines is a hack no thanks

We have TOM, Worpel, Shiels and JOM that can do heavy lifting. We've lso got Finn developing and Jones is about to make his debut. I think we are in need of some pace and class in the outside and in the F50, not another inside mid with questionable kicking skills.

I think we'll go to the draft for the next few years and only pick up some cheap role players unless a FA or star falls into our hands. We have a group to contend for the next 2-3 years imo.

What picks do we have this year? Just having a look and it seems that we have:
- 1st (ours)
- 2nd (North)
- 3rd (ours)
- 3rd (Collingwood)
- 4th (Melbourne)
- 4th (Doggies)

I imagine we will pick up Connor Downie at a bargain price this draft, so hopefully North finish bottom four and we are able to make two selections before a bid on Downie gets put in by another club.

I wonder if COVID and the disjointed season will make for a more surprising trade period, with more players getting a taste of their football career mortality as it were, they may be more inclined to aggressively chase success and move to immediate contenders, or move to other states that will set up their life after football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back