Channel 7 - early verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

This interviewing the players bull********, what a crock. The last player thanking the home crowd for coming out. Home crowd? Dont have a home crowd yet. Perhaps a few Canberra supporters flew up.
he was from gold coast...

Watson embarrassing, sick of that nnnnnh noise he makes in the background every time there is an error. Channel 7, lift your game, this was very, very ordinary.

Ch 9 was a little too slick and over-hyped, plus they focused on the Ch 9 "personalities".

Don't mind if Ch 7 is a little shakey for the NAB's first night, at least football is the star.

But there's something not right with the colour, it needs more brown and gold.

the only thing tonite that has been worse than ox's "special" comments is mick malthouse's pasty white legs. He has been sun bathing in an esky.

as a resident of Rockhampton, QLD, how did that differ from last year? how many friday nioght games did you get from ch9?

Most at 11:15 PM, except for Wimbledon when it was shown at 5AM the next morning. We would have been VERY lucky to get a NAB Cup Game on 9 unlike on 10.

It's not being broadcast in HD.

I'm well aware of that. The point is that the quality of the broadcast on a decent sized HD capable TV is terrible. The cricket on 9 was fine, the rubgy league Test (Aus v NZ) on 9 was great (both SD produced upscaled to 1080i). This rubbish 7 are serving up is utter garbage.

That over head camera is terrible.
Shocking even...

Watson is woeful but that was to be expected.

The score on the bottom is odd I like it at the top better.

Bruce rules.

I actually don't mind that camera... if its the one in the pocket that you are referring to. It gives a good idea of matchups and jostling for positions. better than close ups that show you head and shoulders only like nine did all the time, switching every half a second between that shot and a wide shot.

I also hated the score in the bottom corner when it first came on, but its growing on me already. i reckon it almost doesn't get in the way as much. What I still can't accept is that it just folds out to show the full score. A scorebug is small, just for the total. When a goal is kicked a full, bigger scoreboard should come up at the bottom center of the screen. They kind of do one at the start/end of quarters, but it could still be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was awful, had not done their homework re player numbers, where they were taken in the draft, when etc. Camera work was awful, the Ox added nothing (he made Tim look good) and Olarenshaw, what a joke he was.

Hopefully it was just a warm up but it will need to improve a hell of a lot.

ch9 sh1ts all over 7.....it just seemed to be really poor quality

watson and the ox were well below par and ricky olarenshaw was a disaster

You're a Pies supporter, seems the only ones bagging it out, are Pies supporters & Fuxtel people. I am loving it, it's free & no Eddy. :thumbsu:

You're a Pies supporter, seems the only ones bagging it out, are Pies supporters & Fuxtel people. I am loving it, it's free & no Eddy. :thumbsu:

channel 9 last year didnt have eddie, and it was alot better than the ******** served up tonight
granted they were at a foreign ground, and it was their first time
but the camera work was shaky, olarenshaw is a hack, special comments werent all that special and their research was average at best

compare that to 9, one thing you couldnt fault was their camera work. Always showed good angles of replays etc. Insightful special comments, and good boundary riders who have a clue on injuries and the like

one of the funniest things was watson stuttering through his facts on Aaron Edwards....saying how he won the medal in the VFL last year and is originally a WA boy, when he only played for west coast before moving back home to play for frankston last year

channel 9 last year didnt have eddie, and it was alot better than the ******** served up tonight
granted they were at a foreign ground, and it was their first time
but the camera work was shaky, olarenshaw is a hack, special comments werent all that special and their research was average at best

compare that to 9, one thing you couldnt fault was their camera work. Always showed good angles of replays etc. Insightful special comments, and good boundary riders who have a clue on injuries and the like

You reckon? I wasn't impressed by their special comments, OH well, we are all different, just glad it's on FTA.

You reckon? I wasn't impressed by their special comments, OH well, we are all different, just glad it's on FTA.

aye, i have foxtel, but am all for footy being free
The more games that go to cable the more we end up like the EPL where the rich get richer and poor get poorer

im a big fan of the ox, hopefully it was just nerves tonight, to be fair he normally dosent stutter his words on radio, lets hope he picks it up

I'd put the ******** camera angles down to the odd shape of the ground, but the overhead was terrible.

I'd expect the quality of the coverage will improve a lot over the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back