2nd Test Australia v India, Dec 26 - 30 at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early 00s India beats the current Indian team in the batting and spin bowling departments, and the current side beats them in pace bowling and fielding. It was just as tough if not more so to win over there back then as it is now. It took a Herculean effort from Australia to finally break through in 2004.

I loved Kumble but Singh was a non entity outside of India. I would nearly rate the current duo as a collective a bit higher

I loved Kumble but Singh was a non entity outside of India. I would nearly rate the current duo as a collective a bit higher
Once again though you have to take quality into account, the old Indian bowlers had to bowl too Martyn, Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist.

I just can't see this quite inoffensive spin especially of Jadeja not getting deposited into the crowd 50 times by Gilchrist.
Hell even Clarke would come down the pitch and have fun with these 2 India spinners imo.
Smith and Lab as good as they've been don't have much of a fundamental technique to fall back on. Even Clarke out of form would still be able to work the singles easily against these 2 I think.

Once again though you have to take quality into account, the old Indian bowlers had to bowl too Martyn, Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist.

I just can't see this quite inoffensive spin especially of Jadeja not getting deposited into the crowd 50 times by Gilchrist.
Hell even Clarke would come down the pitch and have fun with these 2 India spinners imo.
Smith and Lab as good as they've been don't have much of a fundamental technique to fall back on. Even Clarke out of form would still be able to work the singles easily against these 2 I think.

I’m not so sure. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think these two would tie them in knots but they have one thing Singh didn’t, and that is unerring accuracy

I’m not so sure. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think these two would tie them in knots but they have one thing Singh didn’t, and that is unerring accuracy
Easy to be accurate when the opposition is blocking and scoring at 2 an over. Much tougher when Gilchrist Monty Panesars you.

Not sure if this is relevant to anyone here, if they went to the match and were seated in this area - just cause the following as part of todays press conference

MCG – Possible acquisition site
If you attended the MCG on Dec 27, seated in The Great Southern Stand, Zone 5, between 12.30pm - 3.30pm, you must get tested & quarantine until you get a negative result. Details for the seating in Zone 5 are available at the MCG website.

The MCG is being investigated as a potential source for acquisition.

This means we have a confirmed case of coronavirus who was not infectious but that we believe may have acquired their infection at this location.

If you were at these locations during these times, please get tested. This will help us track the source of the virus and stop its spread.

Not sure if this is relevant to anyone here, if they went to the match and were seated in this area - just cause the following as part of todays press conference

MCG – Possible acquisition site
If you attended the MCG on Dec 27, seated in The Great Southern Stand, Zone 5, between 12.30pm - 3.30pm, you must get tested & quarantine until you get a negative result. Details for the seating in Zone 5 are available at the MCG website.

The MCG is being investigated as a potential source for acquisition.

This means we have a confirmed case of coronavirus who was not infectious but that we believe may have acquired their infection at this location.

If you were at these locations during these times, please get tested. This will help us track the source of the virus and stop its spread.

I read somewhere its level 4 zone 5 to be a bit more specific. I was there in that zone like a fair few people so I'll prob get hauled in for testing

Mate we were racist AF back then. We should have had blokes banned
Care to come up with some examples instead of just making statements?

Sure there was a lot of abuse but as far as I've read, not much if any was racist.
The only Aussie I know of was the Lehman incident.

Then again, Harbhajan Singh called Symonds a coconut and I've forgotten the name of the Pakistani cricketer
who called Gilchrest a white c**t.

Sure there was a lot of abuse but as far as I've read, not much if any was racist.

Then again, Harbhajan Singh called Symonds a coconut and I've forgotten the name of the Pakistani cricketer
I just did you little sook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'd take the word of Dipak Patel over a moron like you. He got called worse than a monkey by us, I wonder what word that might have been??? But you're right we never said anything racist.
No need for the insults when you get proven wrong champ.

You said the Aussies were "racist AF", but cannot back it up other than hearsay on a 11 year old article.

He was alleged to have called him a monkey. Not a coconut. Keep up

No need for the insults when you get proven wrong champ.

You said the Aussies were "racist AF", but cannot back it up other than hearsay on a 11 year old article.
Champ lol. Nice comeback from a typical moron. I gave you two examples and my words were "racist AF back then" which we were. If you can't keep up you'll need to post somewhere else.

You can read lips as well:rolleyes:

I'm sure if he called him black, it wouldn't have ended there.
It's clear what he said and after moeen Ali claimed a couple of years ago one of us called him Osama on the field maybe we need to stop sticking our heads in the sand like you sunshine. Unless moeen was lying of course like I'm sure you'll argue. Or that he got confused by the word part timer as Daren Lehmann (a real man of the people) claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back