Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield time
Treloar less
West more

When the heat is on Treloar makes far too many errors in the congestion. West has shown far more composure in packs and is the natural replacement for liber 2 seasons on. Time to start rotating him with a few minutes.
I'm inclined to agree. The more options the better. Especially with Smith out. It's no crazier than any of Bevo's other experiments.

Suspect McComb stays in until Smith returns.

McNeil the obvious replacement for Weightman, he's not as dangerous up forward but he can bob up for a goal or two and he brings similar pressure at ground level.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter come in for Duryea and a shuffle involving Williams.

Bruce will be back in for either Lions or Swans.

It would be interesting to see if we indeed choose Crozier. With two KPDs plus TOB as an interceptor, can we carry a fourth player who's forte is the aerial contest?

There's every chance we bring in Hunter and have Williams and Hunter roll back as the 7th defender at times, covering a wing been them. I like Scott on the other wing.
Although not as competent at ground level as Duryea, I'm reasonable confident with Crozier's ability there. I'm also comfortable with him playing on smaller types. He's always been required to play taller for us given our lack of intercepting options in recent years so he hasn't played that role. I'm okay with him on a Wingard or Bruest type.

How do we fit Bedendo in?
McCombs half forward flank spot would be the spot IMO. Wings are pretty covered with Hunter & Williams. I’d do it. McComb has improved and he’s not a total liability out there but whilst we’d lose a big body/physicality we’d more than make up for in goal sense, aerial ability, speed and creativity. I think his pressure & overal output would be similar whilst having huge upside.

McCombs been fine but we still just don’t need another one of those players in the side, we’d lose nothing with him out and gain what we’re sorely lacking

Richards Keath O’Brien
Dale Gardner Daniel

Williams Libba Hunter
English Bont Macrae

Bedendo Jamarra Schache
West Naughty Cody (McNeil if out)

Dunks, Adzy, JJ & Croz - Scott sub

That’s a very nice looking side to be honest. Forward line very young, inexperienced and could be prone to off days because of that but plenty of talent and a bit of everything. Huge amount of forward pressure, aerial ability, xfactor/goal sense, lead up targets, speed - it’s actually very balanced.

Love those wings, mainly Williams & Hunter with rotations of Bedendo and JJ to add marking ability and pace - turn the position which has been a massive weakness for years into a strength for us.

Ugh English is a massive loss, one of our hardest to replace for what he does around the ground and linking up. Hopefully just a minor 1 week concussion and doesn't drag on.

Another good chance for Sweet to show what he can do, unless Bevo does a Bevo and goes with Schache as #1 ruck :huh:

English out for this weekends clash with concussion. Concerning that it's now multiple concussions and the first one was incredibly serious.

Sweet will be back in I guess.
Hopefully misses just the one. Hawthorn don’t have an amazing ruck division thankfully.

Cue team sheet on Thursday night.

Western Bulldogs:
In: Crozier, Bedendo
Out: Duryea (knee), English (concussion)

Sweet not even named as emergency. Schache first ruck.

It may not happen, but we all know this is what Bevo is thinking at this very moment. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Tim in danger of missing the Brisbane game also being it is a Thursday game (30/06) and 12 days from when he got the concussion (18/06)? If the concussion was delayed and didn't "start" until maybe the Sunday, would the clock start from there and he would only be available for selection Friday 01st July again?

Treloar is an odd one. Is definitely our receiver and runs tirelessly to do so - he compliments our bash and crash mids. OTOH is body language at times is not great and his defensive running is also a bit lack lustre.

No English, Smith, possibly Weightman, Duryea, Bruce and Hunter (if they need another game in the twos) means 6 out of out of best 22. That leaves a lot of fringe players Mccomb, McNeill, Sweet, Crozier, JUH, Schache, possibly a first gamer in Bebendo and Gardiner (although Bevo would not rate him as a fringe player). I think Rhylee elevated himself above a fringe player last week. Could still get the job done this week a 50/50 game with the team we will put out. If English and Weightman do not play against the lions plus Smith we are not going to get the job done against the lions. Even with our best 22 we would be big outsiders up there.

Treloar is an odd one. Is definitely our receiver and runs tirelessly to do so - he compliments our bash and crash mids. OTOH is body language at times is not great and his defensive running is also a bit lack lustre.
When is his body language not great? Treloar has been simply awesome since arriving, although his finishing in recent weeks has been off but is usually a strength of his

Cue team sheet on Thursday night.

Western Bulldogs:
In: Crozier, Bedendo
Out: Duryea (knee), English (concussion)

Sweet not even named as emergency. Schache first ruck.

It may not happen, but we all know this is what Bevo is thinking at this very moment. :drunk:

Weightman out 1 - 2 as well.....

English's concussion diagnosis tracks with the dazed and confused look on his face as he went through the motions of the club song after the game.

This selection discussion just got a lot more interesting.

Silver lining. I had Brisbane at the Gabba pencilled in as a loss we could (barely) afford so lets see how Sweety goes against Hawks and Brisbane with the heat right on and not rush Timmy back. It is what it is.

Duryea back for finals.

Out: English, Duryea, Flea, McSteal

In: Sweet, Croz, McSteal....Cleary sub

When is his body language not great? Treloar has been simply awesome since arriving, although his finishing in recent weeks has been off but is usually a strength of his

Often. Drops his head, flails his arms, that sort of thing. Usually when he has stuffed up himself and the opposition runs off with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back