Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Bowes and (most likely) Clarke coming in, Menegola returning from injury, further development of Atkins and others, you have a surplus of AFL-quality midfielders heading into 2023.

How about a Henry-for-Parfitt trade, given that we can’t agree on a picks-based trade?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Parf just re-signed for 2 years about a month ago and has expressed no interest in leaving. Unlikely

GO Catters

With the number of guys we have on our list over 30 and some well over 30 to just have Selwood go off the list after a flag is surprising.

We don't really want to get to the stage where a big bunch goes in the span of 2 years.

For this reason, I wouldn't be shocked at all if a Touhy type moved on to not only potentially get himself an extra year in the game... but also to help drip-feed out the guys over 30 a bit more evenly and to open a spot for some other players to slide into it.

It's all hypothetical stuff... but if Touhy moving out got us from #7 to #5... I think it would be a good result for all parties (especially if we really only see him playing for one more season).

As per usual... time will tell, but we absolutely would have an eye on that #5.

With Bowes and (most likely) Clarke coming in, Menegola returning from injury, further development of Atkins and others, you have a surplus of AFL-quality midfielders heading into 2023.

How about a Henry-for-Parfitt trade, given that we can’t agree on a picks-based trade?

You're kidding??? Parfitt is worth a lot more than Henry...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attachments

• F05E28D1-E7EA-470B-9B3B-8CC0E8289A45.gif
    F05E28D1-E7EA-470B-9B3B-8CC0E8289A45.gif
    149.9 KB · Views: 31

Where do we sign - that would be a fantastic deal for the Cats

If Parfitt went to the Magpies - hed make Taylor Adams ( re kicking ) look like Nathan Buckley

Dangerfield will be rested during the year, and we lost Selwood. Menegola is depth. Can't see us trading Parfitt tbh. Midfield is an area that probably needs some rejuvenation.

Parfitt is too good a player to not be playing AFL level every week. He probably won’t get to do that at Geelong if everyone is fit and well. Seems a bit of a waste.

Psrfitt bleeds blue and white...very doubtful he will be released...signed an extension just recently

Last edited:

Oh the irony... do you know what pick Parfitt was drafted at ....

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 5.50.10 pm.png

If what you say is true then I expect a last minute deal will go through. All Ollie has to do is tell them he won't be signing anything.
Pies are holding out hope he changes his mind while using the fear of heading to a draft and the unknown that comes with it.
But I can't see them letting him walk for nothing.
And if they do I'd be pretty confident he lasts to pick 25 in the ND. No club will want to use a high pick on him knowing he will ask for a trade in 1 year.
As it stood earlier this morning the thoughts were that a trade wouldn't be done. I'm not sure they blink.

They think they can convince him to stay. They had no intention to trade him was my interpretation.

It won't happen... But it's a reasonable trade IMO.

I'd live if we took that deal and just used #25 at the draft for the best tall we can find.

Draft question, what draft range is Jaxon Binns likely to be?

Did score well in Draft combine, and seems a decent goal kicking outside midfielder, probably a type we need to have in development...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back