Game Day Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smash them, hawks! The league is so close from top to bottom. We got to bring our best game and I fully expect a much better effort this week. Tackles, spoils and pressuring the ball carrier with intent will get us a lot closer than last week at very least and put us in with a chance of getting a win.

If we jump out of the blocks early and get a bit of a lead, the Swans will most likely give up like they do in most GFs.

I'm very confident we will put in a much better effort than last week.

Great test for our groups mentality. They need to find the fight this week and take a step back in the right direction.

Hopeful we get another good glimpse at the future during the game.

If we jump out of the blocks early and get a bit of a lead, the Swans will most likely give up like they do in most GFs.

I'm very confident we will put in a much better effort than last week.
what, that didn't happen last time we played them (we jumped them then they reeled us back in over the next 3 quarters)

After last weeks disappointment, like all of us I just want a better effort, once we dropped our heads last week it was game over.
A positive can take away from last week in which I hope we carry on is our structure and ball movement. I can see what we’re trying to do, we just lack skill to execute.

Also hope we get a little creative with our forward line, because it ain’t working.

Don't care about the score line. Just want to see a consistent 4 quarter effort by all our players.

Consistent effort is the foundation on which consistent performances can be built.

Our young list needs to be building winning habits and a "never say die" mentality will be key if we ever want to win a flag with this group in the coming years.

I hope Sydney throw everything they have at us and I hope we scare them with our response.

Even if we end up getting belted today, just wanna see a great effort. Hitting contests hard, better kicking, smarter decision making. The results will follow

Don't care about the score line. Just want to see a consistent 4 quarter effort by all our players.
Lower your expectations mate! 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely dropped my head in the second half last week. Am aiming to be much better this week.

Just hoping to see a raising of the floor in terms of effort and intensity from the team

No.

No it’s not.

That’s a massive overreach.

If there’s the same poor effort, then some others on the list will be brought in to replace those who don’t pull their finger out this afternoon.
I don’t think it is a massive overreach. We set a several-year low for pressure acts last week. If that is repeated, it is a serious problem. I am however confident we will see a much better effort and defensive intent.

Im looking forward to this .

Its like going or getting ready to watch games in 05/06 .
Oppo are better than but there is always that expectation and hope of the glimpse of talent coming through .
The expectation of anything might happen.

And Ive just spent 48 hours explaining to my girl why we cant attend ....im exhausted !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back