Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Who played well against Western Bulldogs?

• Chayce Jones

• Sam Berry (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Lachlan Murphy

• Josh Rachele

• Rory Sloane

• Luke Pedlar

• Jordan Dawson

• Jake Soligo

• Max Michalanney

• Mitch Hinge

• Izak Rankine

• Nick Murray

• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO the club as a whole threw that game. The call to rest Tex and TT to get them right for the Brisbane game with Doods also missing also sent an implicit message to the rest of the playing group that there was no point trying, and surprise surprise, no-one turned up to play. Wouldn't surprise me if there was even an explicit message that they weren't expected to come home with the win.

97 point turnaround from last week. Given 5 to 10 of the Dogs points should have been goals, should have been an extra 25-50 point margin.

Could we see the axe fall at selection and get a debut next week?

Not arguing the kicking was shithouse..but for the love of god..forwards need to play the percentages and thats play in front on a wet day
This is one of those over simplified statements like going through the corridor.

It's more important to read the play and make the right decisions.

The dogs midfield made it incredibly hard for our midfield and it in turn its incredibly hard for the forwards to read the play. They weren't sure if they should be leading, where they should be leading or playing from behind.

Fogarty didn't play well but I don't think he could have had much impact with the game of his life today. The selection and strategy were abysmal and did not suit his style of play

The bigger concern would be that Nicks, having seen Fogarty, Walker and Thilthorpe at their best at some point this season, decided "ah yes, as 'good forwards' these three players are completely fungible and any of them can do the role of the other without need to change strategy"

IMO Dawson pinch-hitting up forward would have been useful

Would have lost anyway but selection didn’t help

Too late now but Sholl, Soligo, Murphy should have all been managed and rotated around by now.

They’re all stuffed after this block of games.
Yep.
Ned is a certainty for selection next week. Walker too. Pedlar too.

All other positions are open for discussion.😜

He is, but if the rest of the forward line is Himmelberg he has nothing to lead
Delist hberg.

Thilthorpe
Fog
Gollant
Rankine
Welsh?
Resting mid Sog/Pedlar/Rachele

Not too bad.

Thilthorpe Ruck less and comit to leading the forward line. He has high Footy IQ. Just needs to settle into a position.

Fog a good second kpf.

Gollant the tweener.

Today was poor, but still a decent set up post Tex.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never have gotten a two year deal
I sort of get why he was. KPF depth is needed no matter how s**t they must be. See McKernan and Campbell having 10+ year careers.

However, today was bad. Very bad, and he really shouldn't be seen again.

From who played today If we suggest 2025 is when the group starts to mature and should expect top 8, who would you back to be in the 22 and be worthy?
Ftfy. You got a bit tangled up. there. Sorry, couldn't help it. It's the ex-English teacher in me :shoutyoldman:.

Your point stands.
Tex, Sloane and maybe Smith too will be gone. Very had to fill those shoes, plus we need at least one more skillful tough mid.

Suggests we're pushing numbers at the contest to artificially inflate clearance.

We win it, hack kick, other team takes off into the clear.

We have been guilty of this for much of the decade, so it doesn't surprise me. Certainly explains why we often win stoppage clearances but then lose centre clearances, where extras are proibited.

We have been guilty of this for much of the decade, so it doesn't surprise me. Certainly explains why we often win stoppage clearances but then lose centre clearances, where extras are proibited.
It's aligned with having smaller players competing with bigger more powerful opposition.

We have no choice but to push numbers to try and out number and compete.

Before people jump in, I'm not suggesting we just throw in Brown because he has size. But we need bigger players of quality who can win one on one battles.

When you struggle to find any players to vote for in the 'who played well' poll you know it was a bad game. That was one of the worst games we have played since we were a basket case in 2020. Totally uncompetitive and never in the game. Dogs should have won by a lot more if they could have kicked straight.

Just got to hope that this is our Mulligan and we are back to our normal 2023 level moving forward.

Just got home from the game.

Himmelberg is so bad and even worse to watch live.

Hinge getting hurt I feel left us scrambling for defensive presence with no Doods as well.

Murray good but I thought the move to put him on JUH over Naughton was strange.

Felt like there were a lot of passengers today and no one could get their hands on the ball at all. Maybe more of a team one then a specific player one but there were certainly some bad ones that I’m sure have been named already by many and the usual suspects Scholl Keays Milera HBerg Murph. Some of these have some passes from good weeks but there are many running out of tickets surely.

We have played 4 of the last 5 at this s**t hole of a stadium and the other one was at Metricon during the 2020 Covid season.

******* ludicrous that this sort fixturing can happen in a professional league.
We are still being punished by the VFL for our woeful Friday night performance a few years ago. Apparently, it's a national competition.

Back