Review Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh... The joy of waking up tomorrow and walking into the office with my 🖕 held high.... Fück u all!! Port are coming!!!
After the 2021 preliminary final debacle, a Crows fan at work proudly predicted that the Scum would win a flag before Port. If the unthinkable happens on September 30, I'll take great pleasure in reminding him about it.

Back from the game, slipped into my jamas and poured myself a three finger Glenmorangie 10y.o. to calm down.

Pleasant way to spend a Thursday night folks (although it certainly didn't look like that at quarter time). Still thinking about those Geelong posters who didn't rate Narkle.

Now for a couple of weeks break and dream of what might be...

Gotta love footy.

Look Butters and Rozee and JHF in the eye and tell them that they are going to lose.

Wines batting at 3/4 is underrated too.

A big body like that, who is capable of 25-30 touches with ease, to deal with after those 3. Haha.

Poor Tom Jonas has played his last game sadly, barring an injury down back.

Even Burton is in danger, Jones has edged ahead of him.
And the stand in skipper wears number 16 - I reckon I've seen this before somewhere........

I still think Port looked the better team even in the first half when down. Look fumbly at times but so many times this season they have clicked into gear and then been unstoppable.

I'm not sure whether to start believing or not but it's interesting to see that there aren't too many other super strong teams in the comp.

What I do believe however is that there is someone else in the coaches box with a lot more influence on the game plan these days. Whether it's Josh Carr or Ken or whether it's a combination of everyone clicking up there I don't care because it's working and the old frustrating Port is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re getting better every week really even if we’re not always putting 4 qtrs together there’s a sense of belief building in the team.

How good is the finny Todd combo. I don’t miss the days of bombing it to short people or kick it to a stationary Charlie. Watching Todd and finny play our forward line is an art. It’s football that is worth watching.

Houston was everywhere tonight.

Lycetts turnaround from blight on the club to key player has been stunning.

If he needed the rest to do it or mental I don’t know. Probably mostly needed the rest and then that fueled a mental reset. He’s one to watch leading into finals if he needs a rest before then do it.

Bergman just blanketing a star kf while also competing when the ball is on the ground is freakish. What 21yr old can do that plus have the midfield potential he’s flashed when we’ve given him minutes in there. I’m not sure there’s an onballer who you would play on Jez in the league.. which shows how high end a prospect miles is.

Better game from the wines.

Bad news is I think our def talls have been fairly poor for a few weeks, good news is hinkleys midfield flood has been protecting them enough from it getting down there too often / good delivery and they’re still doing enough.

Man what is with the rat bag oppo supporters at our home game these days? Obnoxious over-celebrating and jeering. I reckon at the last 4 home games there’s been one dude celebrating every goal in an evil-maniacal fashion like in Aladdin where Jafar wishes to become a genie.
Guarantee someone is filming them for online clout. Don't feed these trolls.

Man what is with the rat bag oppo supporters at our home game these days? Obnoxious over-celebrating and jeering. I reckon at the last 4 home games there’s been one dude celebrating every goal in an evil-maniacal fashion like in Aladdin where Jafar wishes to become a genie.

What is with that? Fear. That’s cold naked fear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back