Autopsy Joy in Longmire 300th Swans by 2 over the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where has playing blokes who are banged up gotten us? You hear Horse talk about what Papley's been playing through all year and then last night he manages just his second great game for the year. Are any of these blokes who are banged up going to play well enough to get us the necessary wins to make this finals pursuit worthwhile? I personally doubt it a lot.

We've had big injury concerns all year, you still need to have some sort of experience on the field. You're backing in those guys to do a role, especially a premier small forward. It's easy to say in hindsight it hasn't worked but we don't operate on hindsight. Is it worthwhile playing youngsters (you've said the likes of rankin isn't ready previously) then getting smashed by 60+pts?

I don't think we'll make finals but it's still worthwhile being competitive & having balance in experience on the field. If we kicked straight against a few teams we would've had a couple of more wins resulting in us entrenched in the 8. A lot of these banged up players helped us get ahead in a majority of games at 3/4 time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

We've had big injury concerns all year, you still need to have some sort of experience on the field. You're backing in those guys to do a role, especially a premier small forward. It's easy to say in hindsight it hasn't worked but we don't operate on hindsight. Is it worthwhile playing youngsters (you've said the likes of rankin isn't ready previously) then getting smashed by 60+pts?

I don't think we'll make finals but it's still worthwhile being competitive & having balance in experience on the field. If we kicked straight against a few teams we would've had a couple of more wins resulting in us entrenched in the 8. A lot of these banged up players helped us get ahead in a majority of games at 3/4 time.

Yeah but how has backing them in worked? We've barely been higher than 11th all year. It's just not worth it. Next year needs to be our priority.

We seem to play them when they obviously cannot compete though is a concern

How brave was Bontempelli nearly "winning it for his team" by himself? With other top 10 players of the comp in English and Liberatore also dominating, how did Bontempelli cope!!!

Don't ruin the narrative

Dogs should be massively concerned. I think Sydney spent a lot of time trying to lose that game , gutsy win and all but we were patchy .

They aren't doing any damage anytime soon

Hello everyone first time posting,

How did everyone find our midfield match ups from last night? I found it a bit strange that Parker was playing mostly against Bont and Mills playing on Libba. I would have thought Mills on Bont was the better match up.
Welcome to the board :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not sold on McDonald being a forward half you build around
Why do we need 1 player to build around?

Naughton would be a great get though, but we'd have to find some cheaper options like DGB or another mature age rookie for defence.

Wouldn't rule out Logan and Buller creating havoc with their mobility in years to come. Amartey just needs to stay fit.

We can't run that risk again of not playing a proper ruckman.

We somehow managed to get away with it last night, but it will be a slaughter next week against Darcy and Jackson if we go in with McLean as first ruck.

Had to copy and paste this post from the Footscray board:
"Really copped the raw end of the umpiring deal once again, and in close games it does matter. As much we all prefer to focus on things within our control, it's a real problem and it's time for some serious behind the scenes bleating about it backed up by some video evidence.“

Bulldog fans are getting sick and tired of biased umpiring!

Had to copy and paste this post from the Footscray board:
"Really copped the raw end of the umpiring deal once again, and in close games it does matter. As much we all prefer to focus on things within our control, it's a real problem and it's time for some serious behind the scenes bleating about it backed up by some video evidence.“

Bulldog fans are getting sick and tired of biased umpiring!

😂

We can't run that risk again of not playing a proper ruckman.

We somehow managed to get away with it last night, but it will be a slaughter next week against Darcy and Jackson if we go in with McLean as first ruck.
How is Hickey going to stop that? He got done over by Nankervis last week. Broke even against Sweet today.

If we don't take Bud, I'd probably give Buller another game, so at least we've got 3 to cycle through there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back