Review Round 18 vs St. Kilda Saints @ The Bank - 15/07/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling a bit more confident for today purely because Higgins is out so can’t tear us a new one for a change.

Would like to see Long play a Rankine role on Gresham/Butler/ whichever small decides it’s their turn to destroy us. Don’t care if he gets a kick, just shut them down please.
Think you might be right about Higgins. Since moving to St Kilda, he's kicked 11 goals in the 3 games he's played against us. So not having to defend him should help us tremendously. I remember the 2020 game where Butler single handedly got them over the line against us with 4 goals so I think we'll have to make sure he doesn't get loose. I'd like to think Long will be fired up to perform against his old side and knows how these guys play.

I've got a good feeling about today. Reckon the boys will be pumped to make a statement after the week they've had.

Steven King has built a super team

Pressure and intensity finally bought for once

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good early signs. Pressure is massive, especially Holman and Ace leading the way not letting the Saints out.
Looks like we are moving the ball with purpose and are actually trying to go through the middle and think it through instead of launching it. Final kick inside 50 still as shocking as normal, but that’s going to take months to unteach.

Need it to continue this quarter to mean anything.

I like flanders as the extra mid from half forward

Roams down to the backline and links up very well.

I reckon he stays, it’s a good role he can flourish in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back