Autopsy 2023 Rd 19 5 wins in a row over 50 but injuries hit hard

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time we had a forward kick 10 (millennium game aside)?
10 goals

sticks 1989 - against saints, we won by 1 point, think nicky winmar had a day out as well...........
sticks 1995 - against dogs, we won by 98 points..........
sos 1993 - against fitzroy, we won by 86 points

Last edited:
Never once said that was my expectation. I solely said that he is a liability due to his ball use.

21 disposals @ 52% efficiency. 8 turnovers (turned it over every 2.5 disposals).

He can win the ball and do some flashy things, but then he gives it straight back to the opposition.

Dow is a great VFL player but he’ll never be a great or even good AFL player. If we play him next week against a quality opposition, he’ll do more harm than good.
Well unless we get some players back from injury he will be playing next week, Every team in the the competitions 6th or 7th best midfielder has limitations personally I’m very happy with the way Dow stacks up against similar rated depth players such as Fin McRae, James Jordan or Jarrod Lyons.

You mentioned Dows poor stats but failed to mention the positives such as clearances, meters gained and the fact he tries to move the ball forward aggressively at every opportunity it’s very easy to get your disposal efficiency up by playing like a crab and taking the safe option all the time.

Dow, equal 3rd most clearances. Enough of your trolling and stupid one word answers.

You have an agenda against Dow
I couldn't give a stuff if he plays or not - just can't abide these poor insecure wannabes who are so desperate to to be proven right about a player - I'm the exact opposite of having an agenda - I follow the chosen team and don't have a pathetic sense of entitlement that makes me think I know better than the club

Jack Martin late out yesterday.

Jack Silvagni subbed out at quarter time with Jarred knee. Likely a week or two.

Sam Walsh out before half time with low grade hamstring. Likely a week or two depending on severity. Didn't seem too bad.

Jesse Motlop out with calf issue at 3QT. Likely out for a couple of weeks.
Awesome thank you very much for that. Atleast the injuries aren't too bad it seems.

Not wrong. If you want to be negative re dow denying his clearance skill is completely the wrong thing. It's his one wood and he's great at it.
What a legend, tearing down a young kid when we try to pump him up. He played well today. His clearance work was great, and he has improved his decision making and ball use.

I don't mean you, I'm talking about you know who

There are so many 8 point games coming up that I don't think we need results to fall our way, 12.5 will be more than enough, provided we beat all of Saints, GWS and GCS.

Here's a ladder predictor which assumes we win those 3 and lose Collingwood and Melbourne. All other results go the way of the odds on favourite.

View attachment 1748960

But agree, 13 win's and its a lock, would guarantee a home final as well.

The issue with that is the assumption of winning those 3.

In that model we start round 23 basically equal with GC and playing away. We then start round 24 behind GWS on the ladder and beat them to take 7th.

How are we going to go in back to back 8 point games, including travelling? I donxt think we can pencil them in

But win vs Coll or Melb and then beat St Kilda and it totally changes those last two - we start clearly ahead of both and probably play a lot looser imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know myself, one thing for sure his second and third efforts are elite as well as his ability to either halve or win a contest that he is completely out of.
Not questioning his hardness, effort or strength. Just saying his disposal can be ordinary, if he could tidy that up he'd be the complete player.

Charlie is our darling. Well he's way better.
Wonderful.
Another good day out.
Thanks Blues.
Go Baggers.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Charlie is a gun.
Hey Pies, **** you!

TDK has suddenly started winning ruck contests. The last 3 weeks he has given us good use of the ball by jumping over the top of his opponents and actually shown good ruck technique.

That is an absolute game changer imo. Up until this patch of form his 'potential' was really just athleticism, and he looked like a poor tap ruckman and a poor forward. If he is actually a competent tap ruck who can jump over bigger players, and bring his athleticism as X factor, then he becomes a very important player to keep around.
His follow-up work at ground level has massively improved too...

Big heavy hitter. The kid was great today. Thankfully you are here to tear him down to get at imaginary posters. The definition of an agenda
torn him down? seriously, champion, get a pet..........

Reckon it’s nearly the best game I’ve seen him play. Dominated the ruck , prepared to run like a midfielder, got back to help defence. Wish he could have nailed the shots on goal - deserved them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe seeing what young and jsos brought to the two games he was out made it click about what he needs to do. He is playing to his potential at the moment.

So wrapped with another great win.

First half was a genuine belting.

Hewitt stood up big time with so many of our mids out. Same with Doc. Brilliant through the middle.

Charlie's world. We're just living in it. Will be giving defenders and coaches sleepless nights if we make the 8.

So bummed out for Walshy. Was putting together an midfield game master-class.

Crossing everything it was was just a cautionary thing. Same goes for JSOS, warrior who's worked himself into form and confidence.

Hope they are hungry for the pies scalp next week!!

Back