Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

hopper has been a disaster for this club
I got canned last week for saying we gave up too much for him.
I know a concussion isn’t his fault, but he had done nothing in his time on the ground anyway

I got canned last week for saying we gave up too much for him.
I know a concussion isn’t his fault, but he had done nothing in his time on the ground anyway
been shite all year

Reckon we will struggle against aints. It's at Marvel isn't it?
King and membrey back.
‘they will absolutely flog us.
dimma saying he hates marvel got into the players heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs do not rest star players all the time for being 30+ or miscellaneous aches and pains after being best on the week before and citing no specific injury. Give me just one example of this in a game with finals on the line and I will remove my post. Just one. Doesn’t happen. Aren’t football players famous for playing WITH injuries? For playing through the pain? Miscellaneous aches and pains. I wonder if that’s how Dermott Brereton would have described his broken ribs ten minutes into the ‘89 GF. He’s a legend because he kept playing. Why? Because it was a GF. Give me one example from all of football history - even world sport - of a team’s best player being left out without an injury that anybody’s ever heard of before of a game in which said team’s season was on the line. Remember: best on for us last week, no cited injury, no injuries all season, season on the line. DOES NOT HAPPEN!
It's on the record from previous coach as Dusty or Cumbo for one position. Cumbo yup, Dusty no. The previous coaches statement held true. The reason Dusty v Cumbo?

Know not.

People used to say this about Dimma lol
nah he skitzed out bigtime , watch the docos and still remember that time against gws he went mental out on the g and pushed watches ellis

Calm down. Let me respond to your first post before you double-down.

Clubs rest older players all the time. Geelong did it plenty of times with Ablett/Selwood, especially after a Perth trip or short break.

We've also made the mistake of playing guys in important games when they were clearly hampered. Remember Dusty/Astbury in the 2018 prelim?

I hope you understand that footy is an extremely taxing game and that every single player has some sort of injury/niggle/concern that they play through. This is even true of every top-end athlete in the world, they're all injured to some extent.

Again, the risk is that Dusty (and Cotchin) play, over-aggravate a sore spot and then go on and miss multiple weeks. Then you'd have other posters complaining about why are we sending half-fit guys out there...

Better to be cautious then risk it all for one game. Even when players do battle through grand finals (Phil Davis in the 2019 GF), it's pretty easy to see that they're more a hindrance than a worse, but fresher player.
Okay, fine. I can’t remember 2018 in that regard but I also thought he shouldn’t have played in last year’s elimination final. I still think last night’s injury was bogus though but there’s no point getting into it. Fact is, with him in the side we had last night, I think we beat anyone. And if he’s back next week we can still make finals with 12.5 wins (although % just took a major hit). But if it happens again this season or if we miss finals on %, then it won’t be able to be justified based on the evidence currently available. Being unable to state his specific injury is unprecedented and cause for suspicion. I expected Cotchin to miss based on age and recent form, but we knew at the beginning of the season he would be managed at times. They didn’t even pretend there was anything wrong with him. But soreness? With Dusty’s importance to the side, his recent form and at 32? Jack kicked three and he’s 34. If we’re trying to save him from injury then we must be confident we can win the next three otherwise what more important game would we be saving him for? Just the way the team’s responded both times he’s pulled out last minute and the % lost on both occasions makes it a highly dubious strategy if there’s not something else going on altogether. Don’t ask me what that is though. I’m just a poor boy from a poor family, spare me this life from this Dustrosity 🤪

Back