Lions Finals Ticketing Information - No more Collingwood supporters seeking tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to sticky the seating map to the top of each page? ZoBlitz Jivlain dlanod ?? with everyone posting their seats I keep going back over the thread to find this to see where they are sitting.:(

2023-mcg-seating-map-1024x721-jpg.1812599

Virtual tour

Regarding ticket sales/swaps: The AFL Grand Final is protected under Australian law by anti-scalping regulations, which forbid tickets to be sold at more than 10% of their face value. Offering tickets at more than this will be deleted; continuing to try to scalp tickets will result in bans.

BigFooty does not guarantee ticket sales or swaps. It is entirely at your own risk, please make sure you trust the poster in question. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:
Any post about GF tickets loses me at the word ‘supporter’.

As a foundation member who has spent upwards of $11k on my membership since the merger (before that my Fitzroy membership) I have little time for ‘supporters’ who are seeking tickets.

Only 11k?!? Bro open your wallet a bit! Gabba turf won't grow itself!

Honestly not a huge fan of the gatekeeping here. Understand people have the right to an opinion, but to completely disregard a supporter looking for a ticket just because they’re not a member is poor.. We are meant to be looking after our own aren’t we?
You need to understand that every year there are a whole bunch of sign ups for whichever club is in the Grand Final that year. They come in, claim they're supporters, try to finangle tickets, and then disappear.

Sometimes they are actual supporters, but often they aren't - they're just looking for tickets for the hell of it or sometimes too resell themselves.

We have no way to tell whether or not someone is legit so tongue in cheek comments to get a membership and try again next year make sense. Or actually hang around on BF for a period of time so there's a degree of trust next time around, as we've seen a few posters sell on tickets or give away barcodes to people they recognise and trust on here.

You need to understand that every year there are a whole bunch of sign ups for whichever club is in the Grand Final that year. They come in, claim they're supporters, try to finangle tickets, and then disappear.

Sometimes they are actual supporters, but often they aren't - they're just looking for tickets for the hell of it or sometimes too resell themselves.

We have no way to tell whether or not someone is legit so tongue in cheek comments to get a membership and try again next year make sense. Or actually hang around on BF for a period of time so there's a degree of trust next time around, as we've seen a few posters sell on tickets or give away barcodes to people they recognise and trust on here.

Yeah realistically if I am ever in the position to give away a grand final ticket it would be at cost price to a long time member on bigfooty. I wouldn't be selling it to some random 1 day old account.

Got M13 Row H, fingers crossed the weather forecast is correct and there's no rain, anyone know if that part of the ground will be in the sun at that time of the day... thinking what sort of gear to wear.

Honestly not a huge fan of the gatekeeping here. Understand people have the right to an opinion, but to completely disregard a supporter looking for a ticket just because they’re not a member is poor.. We are meant to be looking after our own aren’t we?

You joined this forum what two hours ago?

Don't believe you are a long time fan. I'm possibly/probably wrong but at the end of the day people on this forum are going to look after the people they have developed a relationship with over many years.

Jog on.

Edit - you name is rubbish. Shows no thought or connection to the team.

Been a member for 22 years (joined 02) and boy haven’t we sat through a lot of s**t years in that time.

Gave mine and my mates barcode away after the quali final to a person at my wife’s work, who was looking for an additional couple of tickets. My mate couldn’t go and I didn’t think I’d be able to find someone else to use the other ticket with, given the costs obviously. I was also reluctant to put in the ballot early and jinx us Saturday night.

Regretting it ever since Saturday obviously, so if by some fluke chance anyone does stumble across a ticket or 2, please let me know it would be much appreciated. I can confirm I do meet the “members allowed only” rule, albeit just a very stupid member obviously.

Edit. I did find out from my wife early this morning that the 2 additional tickets passed onto her colleague were put to good use and they too were successful at getting GF tickets. Think that made it hurt even more tbh.
Lesson for 2024: buy tickets first, then offload at face value if you can’t make it!

Lesson for 2024: buy tickets first, then offload at face value if you can’t make it!
Yep that’s what my brother was saying to me today. I didn’t even think of that tbh. Could’ve made a fortune even if I couldn’t go. Having said that I reckon if I’d got them and couldn’t find someone to go with, I’d have on-sold the other one and headed down myself. Wouldn’t want to miss it if I’d known I had tickets.

Yep that’s what my brother was saying to me today. I didn’t even think of that tbh. Could’ve made a fortune even if I couldn’t go. Having said that I reckon if I’d got them and couldn’t find someone to go with, I’d have on-sold the other one and headed down myself. Wouldn’t want to miss it if I’d known I had tickets.
Silly Squizzy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe you are a long time fan. I'm possibly/probably wrong but at the end of the day people on this forum are going to look after the people they have developed a relationship with over many years.

Jog on.

Keep a wary look out for the Pie in Lions clothing! 😉

I’m all on board with all supporters can’t afford to be members, but in the end there has to be some method of allocating the available tickets. The AFL is not Taylor Swift so can’t just throw on another surprise show on Monday night.
Lions late season Vic family membership cost $250 (2 adults & 2 kids), and much less for single adult. Small price to pay to the club to get access to the ballot, when a single ticket to the GF cost $250+.

…perhaps some better planning (and taking on a little “risk”) for supporters desperate to go!

Feel for you mate. You would have found a buddy on here to go with, and failing that plenty of Melbourne fans would help find you a like minded Vic based supporter with nothing better to do on a Saturday arvo (i can name 5 right now).

Got M13 Row H, fingers crossed the weather forecast is correct and there's no rain, anyone know if that part of the ground will be in the sun at that time of the day... thinking what sort of gear to wear.
You’ll be full sun - bring the zinc cream & sunglasses (unless rain us predicted, then being a poncho too).

Feel for you mate. You would have found a buddy on here to go with, and failing that plenty of Melbourne fans would help find you a like minded Vic based supporter with nothing better to do on a Saturday arvo (i can name 5 right now).
Yeah thanks mate. I’ll certainly know for next year, hopefully we’ll be there again!

I’m glad it appears that all on here who put in to go, got their tickets to go. Let’s be honest, if you spend as much time on here as a lot of us do, then you’re obviously pretty invested in the club and team and as such those are the supporters I think who deserve every chance to see their team in a Granny.

Reading @BRAB’s preview, it’s hard to forget that not all that long ago we didn’t even know if we’d have a team to support, let alone be playing off in the big one. So to all you people heading along on Saturday and the different functions during the week, cheer loud you bastards and get us home!

As a member who has spent over 500k on the club and single handedly built Brighton Homes Arena I miss when this thread was all of us stressing together

Dude. How have you missed me? I still stress over everything - in these past three days I have filled your Brighton arena three times over with worry.

If you ever feel nostalgic content me and I'll take you straight back to the good old days.

Our tickets are in section level Q 29 row Q, pretty high up I reckon, but there's a scoreboard behind us , so maybe I can just turn around and watch the replay LOL.
Stoked to be going after stalling to the point that I missed out using my own barcodes and got lucky with friends spares.
Anyone else around there , would love to catch up and have a yarn ?

Jog on.

feeling real nervous about my stupid name now...

I did go the membership route in August (Supporter member with P2 access for GF because NSW based, kind of a loophole) but joined the forum recently just to join in the lions discussion regarding the ballot, r/brisbanelions is dry comparatively. The only person I am giving my two tickets to if I find better seats are to a mate IRL who lives in Brisbane so it's not farfetched to expect the same from veterans on this board.

I completely understand the feelings that some long time posts/members are feeling on here. Perhaps provide encouragement for becoming members in future years as we all hope this isn't the last

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but if anyone has a spare ticket for the Crown after party I would be very keen to acquire one. I went to buy one this morning but it was sold out and I didn't receive any information about it prior 😞 please DM me if anyone does.

Our tickets are in section level Q 29 row Q, pretty high up I reckon, but there's a scoreboard behind us , so maybe I can just turn around and watch the replay LOL.
Stoked to be going after stalling to the point that I missed out using my own barcodes and got lucky with friends spares.
Anyone else around there , would love to catch up and have a yarn ?
Yeah I'm in Q29 as well about just a couple of rows ahead of you. Looks pretty far back on the map but in the virtual view looks like a good view to me.

No bad seats at a full MCG if you ask me!

Yeah I'm in Q29 as well about just a couple of rows ahead of you. Looks pretty far back on the map but in the virtual view looks like a good view to me.

No bad seats at a full MCG if you ask me!
managed to get Q14 which appears in the AFL Members Reserver based on the seating map, going to be brutal looking at the sun all day, hopefully the far back rows get protected enough from the sun in the late afternoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back