2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 39 Australia v Afghanistan 7/11 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable innings.

I had to head out and was refreshing my phone.
I walked past an off licence and two Indian guys were going nuts. I thought they'd be barracking against us but when I checked my phone Maxwell had gone BANG!

I don't think it's even close. It's easily the greatest ODI innings of all time. The fact he did it whilst being unable to move his legs should convince you.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Nothing will ever convince him - he hates Australia.

Not even a higher run tally on one leg at a higher strike rate, with more wickets taken, will convince him - when compared to Stokes for example.

One of the biggest idiots on this forum, and it's not even close :tearsofjoy:

When you're injured or cramping like that, it's not just that you're limited from scoring 1s and 2s, or your footwork is limited, it's also that the fielders can be set to only protect the boundary. To still get Australia home in that circumstance is so amazing that an innings like that just won't happen again.

Give it up ... we were 7-91

NZ beat Afghanistan easily by 149 runs, we didn't need a miraculous innings from one of our batsmen with two drops to beat them.

Good on Australia though for crawling across the line against a minnow in a thriller.

Can't wait for the ticker tape parade through Sydney for Maxwell and Australia after that momentous win.

NZ beat Afghanistan easily by 149 runs, we didn't need a miraculous innings from one of our batsmen with two drops to beat them.

Good on Australia though for crawling across the line against a minnow in a thriller.

Can't wait for the ticker tape parade through Sydney for Maxwell and Australia after that momentous win.

Get help mate - you need it.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Nothing will ever convince him - he hates Australia.

Not even a higher run tally on one leg at a higher strike rate, with more wickets taken, will convince him - when compared to Stokes for example.

One of the biggest idiots on this forum, and it's not even close :tearsofjoy:

Yeah but to me an innings like that isn't even about Australia. It's a performance for all cricket fans around the world. That's how good it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20231108-041844_Samsung Internet.jpg
Yeah sucks to crawl across the line against a minnow :/

Greatest ODI innings of all time lol, it was against Afghanistan.

Calm the farm.

It's like saying Hayden's 300 against Zimbabwe was the greatest test innings of all time.
Lmfao you just watched one of the best innings of all time and you had 0 positive things to say about him the entire innings. Nothing but hate or criticising Afghanistan.

Imagine being so blinded by hate for a ****ing sports team 😂

Greatest ODI innings of all time lol, it was against Afghanistan.

Calm the farm.

It's like saying Hayden's 300 against Zimbabwe was the greatest test innings of all time.
Sachin disagrees

Screenshot_20231108_032101_X.jpg

Is it the greatest cricket innings of all time?
I'll always rate a great test innings above a great ODI innings, but in terms of the 50 over game it's hard to not have this at #1.

We can let it sink in and have a more detached viewpoint in a couple of days time, but the thing about this innings is how many elements there are to it. A sizeable chase, top order offering a fairly minimal platform, the heat causing massive cramping, the chance to secure a world cup semi final spot and even though some might want to talk down the opposition, in reality, Afghanistan probably have the second best ODI spin bowling unit behind India.

Yeah but to me an innings like that isn't even about Australia. It's a performance for all cricket fans around the world. That's how good it was.

The fact that it was achieved by an Australian, completely dismisses it in his eyes. It's the same schtick every time he enters an Aussie cricket thread - no objectivity at all.

And it's not like AFG are a bottom side like england or canada, they're decent enough to give this performance huge merit.
I mean they were a real chance of making the semis a little over an hour ago. They still can, though it's obviously very unlikely now.

The single greatest individual performance in a team game I've ever witnessed.

Regardless of the bottle job that the Afghanistan team delivered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back