Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

That tournament started with Sunil Gavaskar scoring at a strike rate of 20 against England and finished with Clive Lloyd scoring at a strike rate of 120.
I remember Gavaskar scored 36 at some ridiculously slow rate, can't recall exactly, I will have to look it up.

I don't want to take anything away from Gilchrist's innings. He completely set up that win but Head's innings was really up against it

100% both great knocks but this was better as we weren’t expected to win this

I love the fact that celebrations can only last like 24 hours (if we win of course) due to an all important 5 game T20 series.

England didn't give a s**t about the 50 over series here after they won the World T20 last year and understandably so. I couldn't bag the Aussies if they were of a similar mindset for the T20 series after this World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to take anything away from Gilchrist's innings. He completely set up that win but Head's innings was really up against it
Context of batting for the underdog side against the undefeated home side who have beaten Aus in the same tournament and have a guy in the attack averaging under 10, as opposed to batting for arguably the greatest ODI side ever assembled adds a few points in Head's favor without taking anything from Gilchrist.

England didn't give a s**t about the 50 over series here after they won the World T20 last year and understandably so. I couldn't bag the Aussies if they were of a similar mindset for the T20 series after this World Cup.

IPL contracts on the line so I assume many will actually take it fairly seriously.

Nerves of Steel has Travis !!!
"It takes brass balls to score a ton in a World Cup final"

tcFogp3.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back