List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I think technically 6 given we had 3 picks in the RD - with the intention we'll just carry a pick through to next year.

I doubt our potential MSD intentions impact how many we can have train on for SSP purposes given we haven't formally retained a list spot for the MSD until we leave a spot unfilled following the SSP.

Did not Love Collingwoods Draft but did not hate it Either

Did not go Tall that was a Big List Need. Though looks like we have a Few Talls coming in to try out for the SSP Rookie Spot.

1st Pick was just Best Available with Harry who has Fantastic Attitude and Professionalism and start on the Flanks so Nick Daicos can spend more time in the Midfield

TJ could be anything and also Feels a Need in the Medium and Long Term. With Howe being wrong side of 30 and Murphy has had ton's of Concussion's so could also play his Position.

Harry has the Higher Floor where TJ has the Bigger Upside.

Gave us a B Grade
I think Harry might have more upside than you think.
He only committed fully to footy this year.
Previously he played footy in winter and cricket in summer.
He was good enough at cricket to potentially play at the highest level.
I'm very happy he's ours!

SSP signings have always been additions to the rookie list ever since it was introduced.

Someone quoted an excerpt from the original SSP announcement back in 2019 if you're willing to trawl back through the thread a bit.

Yep, just found this from 2021

which includes the following

AFL club eligibility for the SSP and MSRD

A club is eligible to select a Rookie Player during the SSP or MSRD as follows:

• If a club has a rookie list spot available
  • If a player suffers a year-ending injury or retires, the player can be placed on the Inactive List and be replaced by an SSP or Mid-Season Draft Rookie Player.

Good to see Geordie Payne Jack Callinan Koen Sanchez and Tarkyn O’Leary slip through
Get on the phone Dekka
I'm staggered that Koen Sanchez went undrafted. Nic Martin was a pre-season invitee from WA and was a top 10 player at Essendon immediately. Really hope we invite him over. So much to work with

He’s a freak athlete with very good potential. I’m tipping our coaches turn him into a weapon.
He looks good to me too, but think he'll take a while. He looks like the typical Sudanese athlete fast, agile, big leap - but building up core strength tends to take them a while.

Can someone please link me to where it's confirmed Kelly, Eyre and Sofronidis are our train-ons? Don't link me to PieSource please.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nothing confirmed (more so on Eyre and Sofronidis) but at time of delisting, club apparently said to Kelly might have a spot to train with us over Summer and see how it goes from there.

IMG_3143.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally hope young Payne gets an opportunity with us over the summer - had some very impressive performances during the year and we obviously had a bit of interest to go down and meet with him at his house. Outside of some of the Championship games I watched I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what I saw he's got a good set of hands and some dash of the HBF so a bit of promise there.

I think he, alongside Eyre and Sofronidis make the most sense as summer try-on players - though I would not mind seeing another KPP in that mix given our lack of depth in the KPD post.

I don't know what Will Kelly is going to show us in one summer that he hasn't already shown in the last 5 years? Though either way I don't really think of him as a KPP, he's more of a tall flanker/outside mid type, seems to have lost that aggression in the air that the best KPP's have.

There are too many acronyms in the AFL.:p

explaining 80's GIF by ADWEEK

Edit: this guy looks a bit like Kane Cornes.

Psssst - in AFL land it's obvious that PSSSP means SSP
Pssst- I'm just taking the piss out of the grammar Nazi.

Personally hope young Payne gets an opportunity with us over the summer - had some very impressive performances during the year and we obviously had a bit of interest to go down and meet with him at his house. Outside of some of the Championship games I watched I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what I saw he's got a good set of hands and some dash of the HBF so a bit of promise there.

I think he, alongside Eyre and Sofronidis make the most sense as summer try-on players - though I would not mind seeing another KPP in that mix given our lack of depth in the KPD post.

I don't know what Will Kelly is going to show us in one summer that he hasn't already shown in the last 5 years? Though either way I don't really think of him as a KPP, he's more of a tall flanker/outside mid type, seems to have lost that aggression in the air that the best KPP's have.
Surely the Kelly experiment is over.

Surely the Kelly experiment is over.

I’m happy for him to be given the opportunity. He’s 194cm, can run all day, and can roost the footy a country mile. Players with those traits just don’t grow on trees. Just needs to find some intensity and mongrel. I wonder how much his injury history has impacted those elements and if he can find it within himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back