List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

You can have 2 per list spot. So we can have 4 in total
I think we must have elevated another player (it's probably Begg, though I'd prefer Dean), and we just haven't been told about it. We did have the 3 picks available, so there should still be that many spots open.

You can have 2 per list spot. So we can have 4 in total
6. Just because we’re saving a list spot for the MSD doesn’t take that spot away. It will likely be Kelly, Eyre, and then 4 other unlucky/lucky hopefuls who missed out in the draft.

I think we must have elevated another player (it's probably Begg, though I'd prefer Dean), and we just haven't been told about it. We did have the 3 picks available, so there should still be that many spots open.
there is. We have 1 primary and 2 rookie spots available. Hence the three.

there is. We have 1 primary and 2 rookie spots available. Hence the three.
We had 3 picks available in the rookie draft, so that does suggest to me we have 3 rookie list spots available, and that we elevated another player from the rookie list to the primary list. If that has happened we now would have 36 on the main list (the minimum required), and just the 3 rookies left.

Overall, the coverage of what goes on at draft time is (mostly) very good, and they cover almost everything, but rookie upgrades seem to be ignored in pretty much all the wrap-ups, leaving people guessing as to what has happened. I find that really strange, and highly annoying!

We had 3 picks available in the rookie draft, so that does suggest to me we have 3 rookie list spots available, and that we elevated another player from the rookie list to the primary list. If that has happened we now would have 36 on the main list (the minimum required), and just the 3 rookies left.

Overall, the coverage of what goes on at draft time is (mostly) very good, and they cover almost everything, but rookie upgrades seem to be ignored in pretty much all the wrap-ups, leaving people guessing as to what has happened. I find that really strange, and highly annoying!
Can you use a SSP spot for a primary list spot?

Can you use a SSP spot for a primary list spot?
Not as far as I know. I would have thought the rules on SSP picks are very clear, but they do have a bit of a habit of changing things every now and then (and not telling us plain old supporters)!!

What they should do on the AFL website is have a page where the current playing lists are shown, so people don't have to guess!

Can someone please link me to where it's confirmed Kelly, Eyre and Sofronidis are our train-ons? Don't link me to PieSource please.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not confirmed anywhere. In fact I suspect Kelly's manager will be trying hard to get him a training gig elsewhere. I'm hoping Ruscoe gets one elsewhere too

Last edited:
Did not Love Collingwoods Draft but did not hate it Either

Did not go Tall that was a Big List Need. Though looks like we have a Few Talls coming in to try out for the SSP Rookie Spot.

1st Pick was just Best Available with Harry who has Fantastic Attitude and Professionalism and start on the Flanks so Nick Daicos can spend more time in the Midfield

TJ could be anything and also Feels a Need in the Medium and Long Term. With Howe being wrong side of 30 and Murphy has had ton's of Concussion's so could also play his Position.

Harry has the Higher Floor where TJ has the Bigger Upside.

Gave us a B Grade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s hoping Josh Eyre really attacks the pre season and makes it impassible for them not to select him.
He has all the tools in terms of what we are looking for in a player in terms of his speed, height and kicking
He’s a left footer to boot which is nice.

It’s up to him now to prove he deserves a spot.

He can run don’t worry about that.
His mind works a lot faster than some legs which is a handy bonus for a generational talent
He Pirouettes around the stage like a ballerina. Matrix type s**t

Is PSD a one or two year contract? If it's only 1, we'll be able to talk about it all next year as we'll be able to get him for free for 2025 as a DFA...
It looks like it's a two year deal (from: Amended-AFL-Rules-effective-28-February-2023):-
1700645800272.png
1700645878280.png

If we have concerns about Murphy's short term future or our KPD cover - I personally don't have much concern - then SSP was always a better option than the draft. A drafted tall would not be ready for a few years at least.

A more mature tall as KPD cover makes a lot more sense than a super speculative 18 year old. Otherwise we still have Frampton as cover with Dean and Krueger also options. Any are clearly better than a late draftee in the short term. We only play one KPD, so our coverage is not that thin.

I don't see a desperate need to bring in a KPD or KPF. We didn't seem to be looking for one during the trade or FA period either, we were rather linked with mediums.

That was in response to a question about using him to fill that 36th senior list spot, which has to happen basically now one way or another.

I haven't read anywhere that we can't add SSP signings straight to the senior list. Where does that info come from?

I haven't read anywhere that we can't add SSP signings straight to the senior list. Where does that info come from?

SSP signings have always been additions to the rookie list ever since it was introduced.

Someone quoted an excerpt from the original SSP announcement back in 2019 if you're willing to trawl back through the thread a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back