News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he gets the help he needs to become a better person. I absolutely loved to watch Tarryn play from all the way back when he was playing for North Launceston! I think it's pretty poor that he isn't being looked after better as an indigenous player with what appears to be severe mental health issues associated with a traumatic childhood! But I do like that they gave him some goals to complete before he is able to play again, hopefully he can concentrate on doing those courses.

I have a feeling Adelaide will be looking to recruit him next season. Maybe he needs a change of cities. From what we know about what he is being accused of, it is pretty terrible and inexcusable, but there will be players playing the game right now that have done worse. I think he can come back from it bigger and most importantly a better person.

Last edited:

Didn't stop St Kilda from sacking a later found innocent Andrew Lovett
2010 was a different time but l'm sure if Tarryn was charged with rape, he would be have been stood down in todays world but still afford the counselling and education/treatment until a verdict was given? Maybe if St Kilda gave Lovett the amount of counselling and treatment that Tarryn was afford last year, Lovett may have played more games for the Sainters after he was cleared of these charges rather nthan being sacked and 12 years later being jailed for DV assault - unfortunately this is the path Tarryn is currently heading....maybe the Bombers traded him off because they knew something?

Didn't stop St Kilda from sacking a later found innocent Andrew Lovett

St Kilda had to pay a (secret but apparently substantial) sum to Lovett as settlement for his unfair dismissal case.

I imagine North are trying to avoid that.

Has it been established as fact what he actually did?

I get people wanting to pile on him and judge him for what they imagine or have 'heard' he has done.

For those of us who prefer to base our assessment on actual evidence, what are the facts of the case?

As for Tarryn himself, he's only 23, that's still a kid to me, I hope he picks himself up and overcomes this.

He obviously made some mistakes for things to have ended up here, but he is still young enough to learn from them.

Maybe in a few years we will see him playing professional football and living a good life off the field.

There are such things as redemption arcs and even if it is for another club, I hope a good career is still ahead of him.

There are plenty of people out there who have thrown golden opportunities away, in all walks of life.

Tarryn could go on to learn and grow and make positive changes to his life and become a better person.

If he does this, it could be an example for other people who have messed up to look to, to see there's always hope.
You don’t get sacked if there are no established facts. It’s also been established what’s happened. We’ve seen this play out with other pieces of s**t like Carey, Stevens, Murphy, Lovett.

23 is an age of being able to know better. If I was doing that at 23 I’d not expect much sympathy. Let alone 18.

I get people wanting to pile on him and judge him for what they imagine or have 'heard' he has done.

For those of us who prefer to base our assessment on actual evidence, what are the facts of the case?

As for Tarryn himself, he's only 23, that's still a kid to me, I hope he picks himself up and overcomes this.

He obviously made some mistakes for things to have ended up here, but he is still young enough to learn from them.

Maybe in a few years we will see him playing professional football and living a good life off the field.

There are such things as redemption arcs and even if it is for another club, I hope a good career is still ahead of him.

There are plenty of people out there who have thrown golden opportunities away, in all walks of life.

Tarryn could go on to learn and grow and make positive changes to his life and become a better person.

If he does this, it could be an example for other people who have messed up to look to, to see there's always hope.
Is it relevant that you don’t have the exact details? The people making the decision heard the evidence. They deemed the suspension appropriate. 18 weeks. Stop watering it down because you don’t have every scrap of evidence to sift over.

I do wonder if clubs are going to want to deal with the backlash of picking him up even once he is available. Certainly many on here have expressed they wouldn't want him at their club now. He might be spoilt goods.

I do wonder if clubs are going to want to deal with the backlash of picking him up even once he is available. Certainly many on here have expressed they wouldn't want him at their club now. He might be spoilt goods.
Last thing Melbourne needs is someone like him. Fancy threatening violence towards a female. What a piece of s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he may well sort his life out, but 23 is not a kid ffs. you sound like someone who gets antsy when a 30 year old is seen dating a 21 year old.

i agree he's got a lot of time to sort his life out. but he's baring consequences for apparently being a nasty, overbearing, and ultimately abusive, partner.

That is the question. There were rumours about Arie Schoenmaker before the draft and despite being rated as a second rounder in terms of talent he was taken with basically the last pick in the draft, and Mark McVeigh who coached Schoenmaker in the Tasmanian team clearly did not recommend him to the Swans (who McVeigh now works for). Had Schoenmaker been some sort of hidden gem you can bet Mark McVeigh would have recommended him to Beatson.

you sound like someone who gets antsy when a 30 year old is seen dating a 21 year old.

I wouldn't care if a 40yo was dating a 20yo. It is their business, not mine.

And I don't judge people in their 20s for making mistakes, either.

Especially if they acknowledge the problems and genuinely try to become better people.

Cool, what happened? What are the facts?
It’s been established he threatened a woman with violence. I don’t know what was said, but clearly she reported it or someone did, it’s come back to the club and they’ve worked through it and other things over time and given his latest indiscretion they’ve terminated him.

You won’t get the facts. You won’t get the information you’re after. You don’t matter. The public isn’t privy to everything that goes on. It’s a workplace. People get fired for indiscretions. Just because you feel
Entitled to ‘know’ what was said doesn’t mean you’ll know exactly nor does it discount what he did.

Why the * are you wanting to know or questioning this? You don’t matter, you don’t have a right to know. People don’t get sacked for nothing. There’s no conspiracy, no agenda, nothing is being kept from you.

Get over it.

I wouldn't care if a 40yo was dating a 20yo. It is their business, not mine.

And I don't judge people in their 20s for making mistakes, either.

Especially if they acknowledge the problems and genuinely try to become better people.
He is 23. He is in a professional working environment. It’s not like he wasn’t given a chance nor supported. Violence against women isn’t a urine take, sunshine. Statistics tell us that one woman a week is murdered by her partner.

I can’t believe this needs explaining to you.

Thomas is clearly a piece of s**t. He is 23 years old. He has breached basic social standards and deserves to be out on his arse. * him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back