Preview 2024 AFL Community Series - Carl v Melb Wed 28th Feb 6.40PM @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly. We are a poor skilled team with a slow midfield. The margin should of been a 10 goal plus belting if Melbourne kicked straight.
The midfield was missing Walsh who helps significantly when it comes to spread from stoppage. Remember 10 of probably our best 28-30 odd players didn't play in this game and then another in Motlop left the game early in the 1st.

The midfield was missing Walsh who helps significantly when it comes to spread from stoppage. Remember 10 of probably our best 28-30 odd players didn't play in this game and then another in Motlop left the game early in the 1st.
They were missing Oliver. One player is not the difference for the result.

We were going early Soapy. Mckays hit on the Dees player early suggests that. Hollands was going 100% individually. Def would agree from midway through the third the game died.

A couple were but many weren't. Players were jogging

Our game is built around effort, contest and numbers around the ball. We were nowhere near that. We need a Team effort

Although it was disappointing to watch I am not concerned. We have had a great pre season, are fit and ready and are simply waiting for the real stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering how we beat this mob in a final

Shame we cut every player on the list and started again

But I'm sure the occasional open training session is the best window of what this team is going to achieve this year
As per usual , plenty come in after a loss with their theories on why they're no good. Then return to pat themselves on the back during the wins. Can't stress enough how unrealistic practice matches can be at times they are just simply full of experiments and caution until the real season kicks in proper

I never spoke about the result which I couldn't care less about. You said our midfield looked slow - Walsh improves that significantly with his spread from stoppage

Agree. Cerra was also jogging last night. We are a contested ball side. Cripps Hewett Kennedy need to get in and feed it out. That's why Voss like Pittonet. Another big body around the contest.

We have so many runners now on the outside we can move it quickly. Pace isn't a concern

A couple were but many weren't. Players were jogging

Our game is built around effort, contest and numbers around the ball. We were nowhere near that. We need a Team effort

Although it was disappointing to watch I am not concerned. We have had a great pre season, are fit and ready and are simply waiting for the real stuff
I don't buy that players were just jogging. Many were playing to be selected for the first game. What was dished up last night was simply not good enough. Set ups and game plan was horrible. Inside 50 connection still has not been addressed. Skills are atrocious.

Agree. Cerra was also jogging last night. We are a contested ball side. Cripps Hewett Kennedy need to get in and feed it out. That's why Voss like Pittonet. Another big body around the contest.

We have so many runners now on the outside we can move it quickly. Pace isn't a concern
When we have our full complement of midfielders including Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Docherty and Kennedy I would like to see Cripps/Walsh/Cerra as our number 1 combination. The "slowest" midfield combo we should be putting out there is Cripps/Docherty/one of Cerra and Walsh. I personally don't want to see two of Cripps/Hewett/Kennedy in the same CBA many times in our game.

Harry looks sharp and moving really well when he went into the ruck we looked quicker across the ground.
I hope we persist with this. 👍
Kemp is another who is moving well and in for a good year but, where is his best position?
He had some heat thrown on him in this game and stood up well imo regardless of a few mistakes, it was a good learning for him and best 22 on that showing.

Don't care about the result, that's irrelevant.

Bit nervous that we're seeing the same issues we did last year. Our entry into F50 is very, very ordinary. Then if it's not one of the big two down there, no one seems to be a reliable option.

The defence is what it is. The middle got busted wide open most of the night so I'm not that worried about down back just yet.

As per usual , plenty come in after a loss with their theories on why they're no good. Then return to pat themselves on the back during the wins. Can't stress enough how unrealistic practice matches can be at times they are just simply full of experiments and caution until the real season kicks in proper

Nah, I see exactly the same issues as last year after we’ve recognised it and “gone to work” over the preseason to rectify them.
Ball movement (aka skills, were atrocious last night) and forward fifty entries/connections.

There’s way too many on here that have an inflated position of where we are at.

I cannot trust them at all, we don’t improve significantly on last night next week and we’ll get hammered

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Harry was fantastic. Clear standout.
Going to be a big year for him. Very excited by what I am seeing here, and as per other posters, a 2nd ruck role in Daniher mould would be another string to the bow.

Thought Cripps was also pretty good and kept going all night. Executed a nice goal at the end.

O Hollands looked good bursting from centre.

E Hollands to own that half forward flank is a must.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back