Discussion 2024 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just in the process of trimming my predraft list in preparation for Draft day. Anyone know why injured players aren't flagged in the list like other years?

Hi, thought I'd post a thread to see peoples crafty Supercoach Names, I'm working on a Hawthorn themed one, thinking Spaghetti Chol'agnese

I’ve Gone with Scott’s Totts

Scott as in Essendon Coach Brad Scott, and Totts referring to it largely being a younger best 22

It’s also an Episode of the Office about mismatched expectations, incompetence and the most bitterly disappointing/hilarious car crash of an episode that just can’t be looked away from.

Feels apt for describing Essendon this season

If you have a ruck who is listed as a sole Fwd, say Darcy, what do they need to do to get ruck DPP? Is it the reverse of the mids getting fwd DPP so 35% time rucking at CBAs?
There has been debate for years here about how exactly the positions are determined, with no official answer I'm aware of.

Positions at CBA's are part, but there is speculation it's also postions at stoppages too.

enobrien Seymour Skinner you guys are good with this stuff, is there an answer?

There has been debate for years here about how exactly the positions are determined, with no official answer I'm aware of.

Positions at CBA's are part, but there is speculation it's also postions at stoppages too.

enobrien Seymour Skinner you guys are good with this stuff, is there an answer?
Yeah its role at stoppage, so would have to be a fairly decent chunk for Darcy to get dpp

Id guess it doesnt happen imo but Dogs supporters probably know more than me.

Are English, Lobb and Darcy all gonna play in the same side?

EDIT: cause if so basically no chance of getting that much ruck time I would've thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah its role at stoppage, so would have to be a fairly decent chunk for Darcy to get dpp

Id guess it doesnt happen imo but Dogs supporters probably know more than me.

Are English, Lobb and Darcy all gonna play in the same side?

EDIT: cause if so basically no chance of getting that much ruck time I would've thought
Unlikely if English stands up, but if he goes down for an extended period it prob would happen

Does anyone know if the AFL Tribunal members get paid by the hour.......they've been deliberating for over 1 hour if the suspension should be 3 weeks or 4.....1 hour!
The sitting also began nearly 3 hrs ago....
SPP also pleaded guilty ....imagine if he pleaded not guilty

Just an issue that sticks in my claw .....the methodology of goal umpires used to be, to get right behind the flight of the ball .....nowdays though, they stand next to the goal post and try and adjudicate a goal/point on the opposite goal post .....impossible

Also noticed last night, David Rodan standing inside goal post to adjudicate a ball crossing the line, all good .....but last week a female goal umpire stood behind the goal post (point post side) ...and peaked around the goal post to adjudicate

Females obviously being trained differently, for self protection .....in fact all goal umpires being coached, not for the best adjudication, but self protection 1st, decision correctness 2nd

Sp endeth the rant

Just an issue that sticks in my claw .....the methodology of goal umpires used to be, to get right behind the flight of the ball .....nowdays though, they stand next to the goal post and try and adjudicate a goal/point on the opposite goal post .....impossible

Also noticed last night, David Rodan standing inside goal post to adjudicate a ball crossing the line, all good .....but last week a female goal umpire stood behind the goal post (point post side) ...and peaked around the goal post to adjudicate

Females obviously being trained differently, for self protection .....in fact all goal umpires being coached, not for the best adjudication, but self protection 1st, decision correctness 2nd

Sp endeth the rant

and here is why

Remove this Banner Ad

Back