Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people jumping on Billings when his 10 in his round 0 score has stunted his cash gen?
Dunno but that role and lack of premo forwards. Maybe he gets close to top 6?

H.Reid > O.Dempsey

Grumby > Xerri

Leaves me with 111k instead of 12k

Swap some mid rookies and midfield looks much more to my liking.

Zerrett, Bont, Errol, Trac, Marto, McKerch, Sharp, Sanders.
(M.Roberts- J.Clark)

Grundy has to go in a few weeks so might as well get it over and done with now instead of watching him monstered by Goldly, then plodding around the G v Richmond followed by the Mt Barker game vs WC.

Should’ve followed instinct and gone Xerri straight up with Gawn.

Daicos vice or Trac vs Hawks Capt

that’s the plan so far..

Also…Grundy & Newk owners should consider trading Newk to Libba. Grundle > Xerri = more cash.
Libba is only 105k more than Nuke.

Libba (90 pts) had 17,15,2 but only one tackle compared to his usual 6 or 7 on a dog day afternoon in the sun.

Just sayin..

Last edited:
I'm seeing some level headed trades here.
Not me.

I see some kind of symmetry or poetry or justification or something.. in that this trade is a $0 spent, $0 gained trade. (But the points people)

Out. Newcombe $817k + Wines $696k =$1,513,000
In. Serong $1.015m + D'Ambrosio $498k =$1,513,000

Means I miss Dempsey, but last minute grabbed H.Gallagher for Mannagh so feel like I got an extra rookie there that I almost missed (even though Mannagh played, he made $0)

Newc will come good, but someone needs to feel my wrath, and it's 2 senior mids who didn't do enough.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some level headed trades here.
Not me.

I see some kind of symmetry or poetry or justification or something.. in that this trade is a $0 spent, $0 gained trade. (But the points people)

Out. Newcombe $817k + Wines $696k =$1,513,000
In. Serong $1.015m + D'Ambrosio $498k =$1,513,000

Means I miss Dempsey, but last minute grabbed H.Gallagher for Mannagh so feel like I got an extra rookie there that I almost missed (even though Mannagh played, he made $0)

Newc will come good, but someone needs to feel my wrath, and it's 2 senior mids who didn't do enough.
I think that in round two and three trades, no trade is stupid so as long as you’re strengthening a line and not just trading for the sake of it.

Serong is premium mid you’d want to have to the end, Newk ain’t, Mass strengthens a backline with JS as a mid price defender.

So both are perfectly reasonable compared to obvious sideways trades that don’t serve any real purpose.

If you’re lucky, round 2 trades only involve swapping 2 rookies and strengthening your cash making opportunities.

I skipped on both Flanders and Heeney.

Think Fisher to one of them is a priority?

Other trade is Budarick to Massimo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H.Reid > O.Dempsey

Grumby > Xerri

Leaves me with 111k instead of 12k

Swap some mid rookies and midfield looks much more to my liking.

Zerrett, Bont, Errol, Trac, Marto, McKerch, Sharp, Sanders.
(M.Roberts- J.Clark)

Grundy has to go in a few weeks so might as well get it over and done with now instead of watching him monstered by Goldly, then plodding around the G v Richmond followed by the Mt Barker game vs WC.

Should’ve followed instinct and gone Xerri straight up with Gawn.

Daicos vice or Trac vs Hawks Capt

that’s the plan so far..

Also…Grundy & Newk owners should consider trading Newk to Libba. Grundle > Xerri = more cash.
Libba is only 105k more than Nuke.

Libba (90 pts) had 17,15,2 but only one tackle compared to his usual 6 or 7 on a dog day afternoon in the sun.

Just sayin..

Why on Earth are you turfing Reid?

I skipped on both Flanders and Heeney.

Think Fisher to one of them is a priority?

Other trade is Budarick to Massimo.

Definitely not a priority with their byes coming up.

Despite my shocker of a start, there's not a whole lot I can do without ripping up some premo spots. At this stage therefore I'm thinking:

Clark > Dempsey (correct a rookie)
Budarick > D'Ambrosio (sideways but fixes a blue and saves a red dot)
$144k in the bank to react next week.

Initial plan will be Grundy > Xerri next week if Grundy has another shocker and Xerri backs up his GWS display.

Well after lockout lifts it’s made things interesting

Zilliams to Massimo (can do a straight trade, as I can no longer cover him he has to go)

Can’t really downgrade Gibcus to anyone worthwhile so I’m tempted to wait and then do a fixup for the second trade

why are people jumping on Billings when his 10 in his round 0 score has stunted his cash gen?

You sure about that? Has a BE of 31 now. If he goes anywhere near what he managed yesterday, he'll jump by 50K+ in one week.

He also was in a lot of our teams in pre-season, and was dropped because he was the sub. Not to mention his ceiling for a 500K forward. No brainer for mine. Low risk, high reward.

Side has become incredibly interesting, following my acquisition of Gawn, while Grundy sits on the bench. Given he's not on ground, I'm giving him one more week before I pull the trigger on taking his 500K and going down to Barnett.

Terrible ranking, but early days. Perkins was first in my plans, but his article post match about his changing role and it being 'nice to get some time in there', makes me think this was a 1 week thing and will be offset by Parish returning.

Leaves Xerri who I want but can't justify making a bench change of Grundy to Xerri, when it's such a small sample size and Grundy's BE isn't out of control yet. Budarick can have one more week with a reasonable BE of 71, to see what he's like not playing in a monsoon. Leaves two pretty simple trades, knowing I have Best 18:

Wines (who only had 13 CBA's while JHF had 20) > Billings via Fyfe to midfield
Coffield > D'Ambrosio

41K remaining.

Will use Budarick and Grundy money to get to Serong or Green when I want to pull the trigger (likely post Round 3 trades)

Best 18 this week =

DEF: Naicos, Sheezel, H. Young, Massimo

MiD: Bont, Touk, Newcombe, Fyfe, Bonner, McKercher, Sanders/Roberts

RUC: RoMa, Gawn

FWD: Heeney, Z. Fisher, Billings, Sexton, D. Wilson/Dempsey

Side has become incredibly interesting, following my acquisition of Gawn, while Grundy sits on the bench. Given he's not on ground, I'm giving him one more week before I pull the trigger on taking his 500K and going down to Barnett.

Terrible ranking, but early days. Perkins was first in my plans, but his article post match about his changing role and it being 'nice to get some time in there', makes me think this was a 1 week thing and will be offset by Parish returning.

Leaves Xerri who I want but can't justify making a bench change of Grundy to Xerri, when it's such a small sample size and Grundy's BE isn't out of control yet. Budarick can have one more week with a reasonable BE of 71, to see what he's like not playing in a monsoon. Leaves two pretty simple trades, knowing I have Best 18:

Wines (who only had 13 CBA's while JHF had 20) > Billings via Fyfe to midfield
Coffield > D'Ambrosio

41K remaining.

Will use Budarick and Grundy money to get to Serong or Green when I want to pull the trigger (likely post Round 3 trades)

Best 18 this week =

DEF: Naicos, Sheezel, H. Young, Massimo

MiD: Bont, Touk, Newcombe, Fyfe, Bonner, McKercher, Sanders/Roberts

RUC: RoMa, Gawn

FWD: Heeney, Z. Fisher, Billings, Sexton, D. Wilson/Dempsey

You've just blown my mind with the Wines > Billings idea. By doing that I can then go Budarick up to Young. Might be the move for me. Not thinking Wines against Tigers might do well?

You've just blown my mind with the Wines > Billings idea. By doing that I can then go Budarick up to Young. Might be the move for me. Not thinking Wines against Tigers might do well?

I honestly hate watching fat plodders, and the way I've always been successful playing this game, is to go the cheaper option rather than right up to the expensive one.

Wines with 13 CBA's, Mead with 10, Drew with 6, Butters with 17, Rozee with 17 and JHF with 20, does not inspire confidence in his ability to score.

Wines very well could come good and score a hundred, but Billings has a BE of 31 and just pumped out a 140 while Wines scored half that. Getting rid of Coffield who is a glorified rook and playing the BE game, allows me to go up to Massimo, who is another good choice to rise in price.

Xerri, Perkins, Sharp, Hore, Billings, Massimo, are the 6 players who are cheap, have low BE's, and look like they can score reasonably well - who I don't have.

Perkins' role is up in the air, Hore is not much of a shift from Coffield, Sharp is a rook who was decent but my bench is pretty much full, and Xerri doesn't move the needle as Grundy is on my bench. Leaves Billings and D'Ambrosio as the two who I really want. Only way to get both is to sacrifice a sh*t performing Round 1 player. At this stage, that player is Wines. Could be Fisher too, but he at least delivered a 114 during PS and has a juicy role. Budarick the other one I considered if I want to give Wines 1 more week, but means I'd need to get rid of someone like Fisher anyway, and keep Coffield. Feels like a bad move, IMO.

Hope that helps, haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back